Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
A_KazmiSayyid313

IS IT permissible to play video games on day of Shahadat

Rate this topic

Is permissible to play video games on martyrdom of Imams (ASWS) excluding Imam Hussein (Peace  be upon him) since I know that is not right in general but besieds ashura is it permissible?? ALSO HOW to read namaz E SHADAT ON DAY of martyrdom of Masoomeen (ASWS)  Taqleed of Ayt Khamenei (رضي الله عنه) 

Edited by A_KazmiSayyid313

4 hours ago, 786:) said:

Yes, shariah is the same for everyday. It’s not haram to play video games on a certain day. This comes from Hindu influences within the indopak community.

UMMM NO no offense and I dont really belive in sects but Iam  A shia of Imam Ali (ASWS) (FOLLOWER BTW) i'm pretty sure ur sunni so u guys don't belive in imams (ASWS) (Nadhoo billah) (Maaz Allah) so yh srry btw may Allah give you and everyone illm and sense And I pray one day you to see the light and belive in Imamate in shaa Allah and belive in Ahlulbayt as the most superior and most high After God obviously since god created 14 (ASWS) from his own being/light/noor/essence/dhaat/ WHATEVER GOD IS MADE FROM he created the 14 with that own.. whatever it is we don't know what it actualyy is tho basically what God is made of the 14 (ASWS) are created from that very thing it is a part of them

Edited by A_KazmiSayyid313

4 hours ago, 786:) said:

Yes, shariah is the same for everyday. It’s not haram to play video games on a certain day. This comes from Hindu influences within the indopak community.

It's got nothing to do with hinduism. Video games have only existed for a few decades, hinduism is a little older...

The statement 'shariah is the same for everyday' is also inaccurate. The rules for the month of ramadhan are different to those of the first of shawwal, which in turn are different to the rest of the year.

To answer the OP,  yes it's permissible (unless the video game itself is haram due to content in which case it's always forbidden)

Edited by Mahdavist

1 minute ago, Mahdavist said:

It's got nothing to do with hinduism. Video games have only existed for a few decades, hinduism is a little older...

The statement 'shariah is the same for everyday' is also inaccurate. The rules for the month of ramadhan are different to those of the first of shawwal, which in turn are different to the rest of the year.

To answer the OP, no it's not forbidden. 

Thank you for the Answer 

20 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

To answer the OP,  yes it's permissible (unless the video game itself is haram due to content in which case it's always forbidden)

Not sure what your origin is, but in the subcontinent superstitions depending on the day prevail such as cannot clip nails or get haircut on Tuesday. This is just one example, but this idea of dynamic laws depending on the calendar comes from the Hindus as their religion is heavily based off astrology.

Also, Ramadan is the only unique month with such example. This is due to fasting as many activities are prohibited during fasting per se. This also applies on any other Non Ramadan day you fast. If you can prove me that death anniversaries follow the same shariah restrictions as Ramadan then I am all ears. However from my research I have found this is all cultural conservatism observed on such days that have manifested into “religious practices” over time.

It is one thing to say video games should be avoided on death anniversaries out of respect but it is a total different thing to label them haram on that day. Shariah modifications ended with Rasoolallah.

Edited by 786:)

17 hours ago, 786:) said:

Not sure what your origin is, but in the subcontinent superstitions depending on the day prevail such as cannot clip nails or get haircut on Tuesday. This is just one example, but this idea of dynamic laws depending on the calendar comes from the Hindus as their religion is heavily based off astrology.

Also, Ramadan is the only unique month with such example. This is due to fasting as many activities are prohibited during fasting per se. This also applies on any other Non Ramadan day you fast. If you can prove me that death anniversaries follow the same shariah restrictions as Ramadan then I am all ears. However from my research I have found this is all cultural conservatism observed on such days that have manifested into “religious practices” over time.

It is one thing to say video games should be avoided on death anniversaries out of respect but it is a total different thing to label them haram on that day. Shariah modifications ended with Rasoolallah.

seriously man no offence u gettin a bit annoying now ur not my marja so pls stop 

1 hour ago, A_KazmiSayyid313 said:

seriously man no offence u gettin a bit annoying now ur not my marja so pls stop 

Lol it’s an open forum. You have nothing to say besides your broken English. Why are you on here if you’re looking for your Marjah? Sistani is not on shiachat.

If you think death anniversaries have a separate set of shariah then bring your evidence forward. I have an open mind and will be interested in seeing the proof. However, ignoring my input simply because it goes against what mom and dad told you is not sufficient. 

On 7/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, 786:) said:
On 7/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, 786:) said:

If you think death anniversaries have a separate set of shariah then bring your evidence forward. I have an open mind and will be interested in seeing the proof. However, ignoring my input simply because it goes against what mom and dad told you is not sufficient. 

Lol it’s an open forum. You have nothing to say besides your broken English. Why are you on here if you’re looking for your Marjah? Sistani is not on shiachat.

1. I don't do taqleed of sistani

2. Muharram and safar sad, it's haram to dance, sing buy stuff wear perfume makeup or dress up. All 6 Eids (shuja, milad, fitr, adha, ghadeer, mubaihla) it is haram to purposly be sad and make others sad. SO YH and we got sunnis fasting on ashura (maaz Allah) That's muawiah (la behaviour) just like abu sufyan the dumb idiot (May Allah's curse be upon Abu sufyan and all his sufyanis )

1 hour ago, A_KazmiSayyid313 said:

1. I don't do taqleed of sistani

2. Muharram and safar sad, it's haram to dance, sing buy stuff wear perfume makeup or dress up.

It is arguably haram to dance and sing year round and not just in those 2 months.

also bring forth your proof about buying stuff, wearing perfume etc.

^ you can make a case that these acts are not recommended during this time but no one can say haram as Rasoolallah did not label them haram. I hope you understand that.

Edited by 786:)

On 7/15/2020 at 3:28 PM, A_KazmiSayyid313 said:

Is permissible to play video games on martyrdom of Imams (ASWS) excluding Imam Hussein (Peace  be upon him) since I know that is not right in general but besieds ashura is it permissible?? ALSO HOW to read namaz E SHADAT ON DAY of martyrdom of Masoomeen (ASWS)  Taqleed of Ayt Khamenei (رضي الله عنه) 

Ofcourse its not allowed to play video games:rolleyes:!! while there are sad moments.. that isnt respectfull..try to talk about hussain instead of playing games.. I see alot of youth using social network (instagram,tiktoksnapchat etc) to inspire lots of people about the ahlalbayt and trust me you will learn alot from those things..and it can also be fun if you see how ignorant lots of muslims are these days:woot:...It makes you feel soo proud of being a shia follower.

there are lots of shia groups  forming on social network maybe you can join them..

say bye bye to video games:byecry:... AND say selam aleykum on preparing for the reaperance of imam al mahdi and getting closer to the ahllabayt

6 hours ago, ShiaLuma said:

It is makrooh to play. But on Ashura it is absolutely haraam.

Said who? You cannot override the halal and haram of Rasoolallah. Even the Imams followed this and did not make any alterations to this. A historical event after shariah has been completed does not alter shariah. I’m not understanding where you guys are getting false notion from.

You can say it is better to not do X on certain day out of respect but you cannot change the halal and haram of Rasoolallah.

9 hours ago, 786:) said:

Said who? You cannot override the halal and haram of Rasoolallah. Even the Imams followed this and did not make any alterations to this. A historical event after shariah has been completed does not alter shariah. I’m not understanding where you guys are getting false notion from.

You can say it is better to not do X on certain day out of respect but you cannot change the halal and haram of Rasoolallah.

It would be better to say: You cannot overrides Allah laws. 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:03 PM, Mahdavist said:

For the people claiming that it is haram (which it isnt) please bring forward your evidence. 

If there isn't any kindly retract your statements. 

Maybe not neceserally haram but..disrespectfull cause when you play you feel really happy and those emotions arent matching with a month where we mourn for imam hussain AS. also since when is it allowed to spend your time to video games instead of using youre time to gain knowlede.. 

Allah will ask you about time when you die!!! he will ask : What have you done with youre time?

imagine standing there and trying to explain Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that you were addicted to video games......:sorry:

On 7/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Mahdavist said:

For the people claiming that it is haram (which it isnt) please bring forward your evidence. 

If there isn't any kindly retract your statements. 

yes it is makrooh on other days but pretty sure it's haram on ashura and shaam e gharibaan