Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammad313Ali

What Is Your Purpose

Rate this topic

What is your purpose in life and what are you doing to move towards that purpose?

39 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

What is your purpose in life

Ubudiyyah.

39 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

what are you doing to move towards that purpose?

Trying to develop God consciousness and doing every action with the niyyah of Qurbatan ilallah.

In ʿIlal al-Sharāʾi' by Shaykh al-Sadūq (d. 991) , he quotes Imam al-Ḥusayn as saying to his coimpanions, "O people! Allah mentioned that He did not create the servants except so that they may know Him. When they know Him, they will worship Him; and when they worship Him, their worship of Him replaces the worship of others."

From brother Qa’im 

My purpose... to be honest? It is to smoke hashish, wear a zulfiqar necklace, chant Ya Ali as I stare at the prettiest of women, to do matam with the best of haircuts, a nice goatee and all body hair waxed, to find girls willing to have mutah with me, and you know, being a very admiring servant of the household so I get pardoned (by listening to lots and lots of nohas during muharram and saying ya Ali as loud as possible), and to walk on a red carpet into heaven after death as my jealous non-shia friends watch me strut towards eternal bliss with a big smile on my face.~ :cool: Yeah I am a way cool Shia like that.

1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

My purpose... to be honest? It is to smoke hashish, wear a zulfiqar necklace, chant Ya Ali as I stare at the prettiest of women, to do matam with the best of haircuts, a nice goatee and all body hair waxed, to find girls willing to have mutah with me, and you know, being a very admiring servant of the household so I get pardoned (by listening to lots and lots of nohas during muharram and saying ya Ali as loud as possible), and to walk on a red carpet into heaven after death as my jealous non-shia friends watch me strut towards eternal bliss with a big smile on my face.~ :cool: Yeah I am a way cool Shia like that.

Unnecessary.

9 hours ago, Shahrukh K said:

Purpose is to realize that i am only a witness.

Could you elaborate brother JazakAllah

On 7/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, Mohammad313Ali said:

Could you elaborate brother JazakAllah

I will try my best.

You must have the firm conviction that ‘I am not the body’. The thought ‘I am the body’ is the deceptive device that makes us desire the world as though it were real. The world appears only due to the confused belief ‘I am the body’ which is said to be the ‘satan’ (delusion or ignorance) that projects names and forms (ilah). The delusion that causes the name and form appearance to 
be seen separate from Self is that which insists that the world is real. It begins in the primal ignorance ‘I am the body’, so you must develop the firm conviction ‘I am not the body’ .
You must completely abandon the ‘I am the body’ idea (satan), only then would you realize and witness the unceasing, ever-present Allah. 
In this thought ‘I am the body’ there are two components, one is ‘the body’, the other is the ‘I’ (or ‘I am’). The body (ilah: anything with name and form) is something that appears and disappears. It keeps changing all the time and is dependant on outside materials such as food. 
The characteristics of the ‘I’ (or ‘I am’) are directly opposite to the component ‘the body’. The ‘I am’ exists all the time. That which truly exists, must exist all the time, which is not so for ‘the body’ therefore it cannot be real. 
All that we see (the world) and do (as a body) is based on the idea ‘I am the body’ which is false. Thus how can all that we see (the world) and do (as the body) be true when its basis is false? 
Only those who know the real nature of hell, the evil mistake - the idea ‘I am the body’- will devise means to end it and will surely reach the state of truth.

Ash hadu anla ilaha illalah
I witness there is no ilah except Allah.

7 hours ago, Shahrukh K said:

The thought ‘I am the body’ is the deceptive device that makes us desire the world as though it were real.

What makes you 'you', your nafs, is separate from both body and mind.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:55 AM, The Green Knight said:

109306030_10217182068000171_7426783406213371469_o.jpg