Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Strong Foundation

If my Iranian/Muslim parents don't pray at all are they kuffar ?

Rate this topic

Please advise me my father 14 years ago even cursed the Prophet out of shameless aggressive anger and never prayed salah and puts blame on the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) . Now he's not anywhere near as deragotory now as he was then and more accepting of muslim people but he doesn't want to give up alcohol and he still doesn't at all pray or ever read The Holy Quran or even value it as an important revelation . He also seems not to care at all if my sister is having boyfriend and committing zina once . Is my father considered Kuffar and should I leave him ? Please advise me

Just now, Strong Foundation said:

Please advise me my father 14 years ago even cursed the Prophet out of shameless aggressive anger and never prayed salah and puts blame on the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) . Now he's not anywhere near as deragotory now as he was then and more accepting of muslim people but he doesn't want to give up alcohol and he still doesn't at all pray or ever read The Holy Quran or even value it as an important revelation . He also seems not to care at all if my sister is having boyfriend and committing zina once . Is my father considered Kuffar and should I leave him ? Please advise me . He doesn't seem to believe anything about what Islam says about afterlife and day of judgement and punishments of alcohol

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem, 

As Salaam wa laikum, 

Sorry to hear about your father and his state of ignorance. Is he in a constant state of intoxication? He could be a believer but his weakness for alcohol has a strong hold over him and the Jinn that is accompanying his constant sin is strong with him, so his actions reflect that of a kuffar and if he were to die in such a state it would not be good for his transition and position in the grave and his position on Yauma Qiyamah. 

You should constantly seek refuge from Shaitan when in the company of your father. You don’t necessarily have to give up on him completely unless he forbids you from obedience to Allah,  but definitely seek refuge and constantly dhikr remembrance of Allah around your father.  It’s probably best not to be around him if he is intoxicated. I’m not sure if you live with your father or how much position you have in your household but if you can keep the alcohol out of the house it would be good. Recite Ayatul Kursi a lot to limit the Shaitan in the house. 

Supplicate to Allah and ask him to give you strength and patience in dealing with the trials of your father. You should Continue to be dutiful to your parents except in case of them wanting you to disobey Allah or worship other than Allah.  The example you set may help your father and your sister. It is all in Allah’s Hand and if there is any belief in your father’s  heart Allah may bring him out of the darkness into the light. 

Surah al-Mu’minun (The Believers)

This Surah was revealed in Makkah and it has 118 verses. The Holy Prophet (S.) has said that the reciter of this Surah will feel great comfort when the angel of death comes to take his soul and he will be given the good news of his position by angels.

It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that whoever recites this Surah on every Friday, he will have a great status in the hereafter and will be in the company of prophets. If this Surah is written (at night) and put on the neck of a drunkard, he will start hating intoxicating drinks and will stop this bad habit.

You can not leave your parent unless they force you to not practice Islam. You can not disrespect them. You must be polite and obedient to them (except in matters where they instruct you to practice something anti-islamic/kufr). You will do this to receive one of the greatest reward in Islam of tending to one's parents, and you will do it to avoid the greater sin of disrespecting one's parents. You can talk to your dad with utmost respect and politeness in the same way Ibraheem (عليه السلام) talked with his polytheist dad (read it in the quran).

Edited by The Green Knight

6 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem, 

As Salaam wa laikum, 

Sorry to hear about your father and his state of ignorance. Is he in a constant state of intoxication? He could be a believer but his weakness for alcohol has a strong hold over him and the Jinn that is accompanying his constant sin is strong with him, so his actions reflect that of a kuffar and if he were to die in such a state it would not be good for his transition and position in the grave and his position on Yauma Qiyamah. 

You should constantly seek refuge from Shaitan when in the company of your father. You don’t necessarily have to give up on him completely unless he forbids you from obedience to Allah,  but definitely seek refuge and constantly dhikr remembrance of Allah around your father.  It’s probably best not to be around him if he is intoxicated. I’m not sure if you live with your father or how much position you have in your household but if you can keep the alcohol out of the house it would be good. Recite Ayatul Kursi a lot to limit the Shaitan in the house. 

Supplicate to Allah and ask him to give you strength and patience in dealing with the trials of your father. You should Continue to be dutiful to your parents except in case of them wanting you to disobey Allah or worship other than Allah.  The example you set may help your father and your sister. It is all in Allah’s Hand and if there is any belief in your father’s  heart Allah may bring him out of the darkness into the light. 

Surah al-Mu’minun (The Believers)

This Surah was revealed in Makkah and it has 118 verses. The Holy Prophet (S.) has said that the reciter of this Surah will feel great comfort when the angel of death comes to take his soul and he will be given the good news of his position by angels.

It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that whoever recites this Surah on every Friday, he will have a great status in the hereafter and will be in the company of prophets. If this Surah is written (at night) and put on the neck of a drunkard, he will start hating intoxicating drinks and will stop this bad habit.

JazakAllah Khair thank you so much for the blessed advice . I will follow everything mentioned . May Allah reward you

3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

You can not leave your parent unless they force you to not practice Islam. You can not disrespect them. You must be polite and obedient to them (except in matters where they instruct you to practice something anti-islamic/kufr). You will do this to receive one of the greatest reward in Islam of tending to one's parents, and you will do it to avoid the greater sin of disrespecting one's parents. You can talk to your dad with utmost respect and politeness in the same way Ibraheem (عليه السلام) talked with his polytheist dad (read it in the quran).

JazakAllah Khair thank you so much for the great feedback . May Allah reward you

7 hours ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

As salaamun aleikum,

Do you know the website you got this from? It looks like its a pretty beneficial site.

W/s

15 minutes ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

Do you know the website you got this from? It looks like its a pretty beneficial site.

W/s

Alhamdulilah, 

Asalaam wa laikum , 

Its called Fawaid e Quran and it is very beneficial because Muhammad SAW and the holy Imams AS detail what certain surahs and verses are good for in all aspects of life. You can find here:

https://www.al-islam.org/fawaid-e-quran-sayyid-mustafa-musawi/benefits-recitation-chapters-holy-quran#surah-al-qiyamah-resurrection

6 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

the same way Ibraheem (عليه السلام) talked with his polytheist dad (read it in the quran)

A bit off-topic but if you're referring to Azar, he was not Prophet Ibrahim's father.

"The forefathers of the Holy Prophet of Islam as well as all other Prophets were pious people who believed in monotheism." 

-Ayatollah Jaffar Subhani

Please scroll down and read the section, "Was Azar The Father of Ibrahim?" from chapter 4 of the book, The Messsage, by Aytollah Jaffar Subhani:

https://www.al-islam.org/the-message-ayatullah-jafar-subhani/chapter-4-ancestors-prophet#was-azar-father-ibrahim

Edited by AStruggler