Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

One of the titles of God in the torah is

for I am the LORD, who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)

There are many stories of the prophets in the Old Testament praying to God and seeing healing.

The Gospels contain many incidents of Jesus healing all sorts of deseases - some verses say that all who were sick came to him and he healed them all.

I believe that God doesn't change - He is still the God who heals.

I often pray for friends and people I know, asking God to heal them. I believe God is at work answering my prayers.

Do you think God is still healing people miraculously today?

Hi yes absolutely  "God is still healing people miraculously today" that we still see healing of people in shrines of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) & Imam Reza (عليه السلام) by god/Allah.

Miraculous Healing by Imam Reza((عليه السلام).)

https://www.imamreza.net/old/eng/imamreza.php?id=6809

Disabled Boy Miraculously Healed at the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (عليه السلام)

| Miracle Imam Reza | Iranian Desires to Marry a Western |#AYCTube

A Miracle of the Shrine of Imam Redha (A) | Shaykh Usama Abdulghani

Miracle of Imam Hussain's (عليه السلام) Intercession

Healing Miracle of Imam Husain and Hazrat Abbas that healed the disabled boy

Miracle(Mojaza) of Imam Musa Kadhim(عليه السلام). Shaikh Azhar narrates a story of his own family.

A miracle of Imam Mahdi (atf) told by Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

Mojeza at Roza e Hazrat Abbas as with this Girl at Karbala Iraq | Mashallah Must watch

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Miracle soil's Imam Hussain turns to red

Imam Hussain Museum Karbala, Iraq 2018

You will never come back empty handed from Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)

Healing Miracle of Imam Hussain caught on Tape. Imam Hussain Healed The disabled girl

Healing Miracle of Imam Hussain that healed the disabled girl

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 7/14/2020 at 6:10 AM, Dave follower of The Way said:

The Gospels contain many incidents of Jesus healing all sorts of deseases - some verses say that all who were sick came to him and he healed them all.

I like your manipulation, but remember Prophet Elisha also healed the blind and the one with lyprosy. 

On 7/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, THREE1THREE said:

I like your manipulation, but remember Prophet Elisha also healed the blind and the one with lyprosy. 

Sorry

No manipulation - if you read my original post I said

On 7/13/2020 at 9:10 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

There are many stories of the prophets in the Old Testament praying to God and seeing healing.

Don't you want to acknolage God's power at work through Jesus the Messiah - what is your issue?  Can't you acknowledge that in Jesus there was someone special on the earth?

13 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Don't you want to acknolage God's power at work through Jesus the Messiah - what is your issue?  Can't you acknowledge that in Jesus there was someone special on the earth?

Yes, we acknowledge that Jesus (peace be upon him) was a special man. We only disagree with the Christian view that a man can also be a god. 

But as for the original question, yes of course God can and does heal people; Muslims, Christians, and probably even polytheists and atheists sometimes. What Allah wills will come to pass. 

43 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

I do acknowledge God’s power and healing being manifested through prophet Jesus just like the previous prophets, an example when a women touched the cloak of Christ was healed similar to the incident of when prophet Yosef’s cloak healed the eyes of his father in the Quran. 

16 hours ago, notme said:

yes of course God can and does heal people; Muslims, Christians, and probably even polytheists and atheists sometimes.

15 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

I do acknowledge God’s power and healing

Hey this is great we agree that God has healed people in the past through the work of his chosen people.

And that he heals today

On 7/14/2020 at 6:22 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

we still see healing of people in shrines of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) & Imam Reza (عليه السلام) by god/Allah.

These stories are similar to the stories from Lourdes in France

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/its-a-miracle-lourdes-healing-officially-declared-supernatural-84194

What about in other places not these special venues?  Does God heal through our prayers among our friends and relatives?

For example, I prayed for a friend some months back who had bad pain in his back.  I spoke to me the following week and told me it had gone and he was able to move freely.

In our services there is often a time to pray for the sick and seek healing.  Is this a regular part of your local Mosque service?

3 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Is this a regular part of your local Mosque service?

No. Nor is it part of most Christian worship services. Catholicism has a separate ritual, Anointing of the Sick, which is conducted by a priest, the aflicted person, and the family and friends of the sick person. Though I was raised Catholic, I've never seen this ceremony so I don't know the details, I only know that it exists. In most Protestant denominations and in Islam, any person can pray for the healing of any other person, and if God wills, it will be. 

I used to be a part of a Protestant church that had "faith healing". I'm not saying it doesn't work, but one can't help but notice that the same few people get "healed" over and over. In fact, my neighbor had a new illness or injury every week. When I picked her up to drive her to church, she'd be hobbling on crutches, and after the service and her "faith healing" she'd be skipping like a schoolgirl. Every Sunday like clockwork. At least it made her feel good until her next injury or illness. 

But yes, God still can and does heal people when they or someone requests via prayer. 

Yes, I believe that God heals people, but I’m intensely skeptical of the ‘faith healing industry’, in any religion, which I see as little more than an attempt to manipulate people into believing, or worse, to make money and gain fame.

There is nothing sadder than seeing someone who is convinced they will be healed by some charlatans, come back disappointed. Of course, God can heal whoever he wants, but He is under no obligation to, and I don’t particularly believe His choices are influenced by saying this or that prayer, or visiting this or that shrine. Rather, it probably has more to do with the sincerity of the prayer and whether or not it fits in with God’s plans.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

45 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Yes, I believe that God heals people, but I’m intensely skeptical of the ‘faith healing industry’, in any religion, which I see as little more than an attempt to manipulate people into believing, or worse, to make money and gain fame.

Hope you're doing well Haydar!

The "faith healing industry" is just that - an industry, a business.  It's terrible.  It's all tied to the "prosperity gospel" which is basically a way to manipulate the Bible to get rich.  Many poor and hurting people have given to false ministries and teachers like this hoping they will receive a big blessing in return, only to realize that this was not the way to be blessed by God.  It's very sad how they misquote scripture to make money.  This, however, has been happening since the beginning.  Healing definitely is real and you don't have to go too far to find a medical miracle.  I have heard many stories in areas where there is not a strong presence of the gospel (or no presence) of people getting healed and coming to Christ.  I have read many testimonies of Chinese believers who, through being healed, come to believe in Jesus. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

I used to be a part of a Protestant church that had "faith healing". I'm not saying it doesn't work, but one can't help but notice that the same few people get "healed" over and over. In fact, my neighbor had a new illness or injury every week. When I picked her up to drive her to church, she'd be hobbling on crutches, and after the service and her "faith healing" she'd be skipping like a schoolgirl. Every Sunday like clockwork. At least it made her feel good until her next injury or illness. 

But yes, God still can and does heal people when they or someone requests via prayer. 

There have been a lot of faith healers called out and even investigated, usually because it's tied to money in some way.  I agree healings are real, but like you I have heard of those getting healed over and over.  They have actually found actors in some false ministries that play the part and pretend to get healed.  I have watched videos of some famous prosperity healers who prayed over people and walked away from them without anything even happening, but they still claim a healing had taken place.  

Did you ever ask her about this? What denomination were you part of?

3 minutes ago, tdawg626 said:

I have heard many stories in areas where there is not a strong presence of the gospel (or no presence) of people getting healed and coming to Christ.  I have read many testimonies of Chinese believers who, through being healed, come to believe in Jesus. 

Mathew 7:

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Master, Master,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my LORD.22Many will say to me on that day, Master, Master, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 minute ago, THREE1THREE said:

Mathew 7:

21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Master, Master,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my LORD.22Many will say to me on that day, Master, Master, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Yeah, many of them really believe that what they are doing is God's work.  I think this verse sums it up...

16 minutes ago, tdawg626 said:

Did you ever ask her about this? What denomination were you part of?

Oh she absolutely believed that she was injured or sick, and she absolutely believed that she had been healed by the pastor's touch and prayer. I'm confident that the injuries or illnesses were psychosomatic. Nobody breaks their leg or comes down with cancer every week. 

The church was a Pentecostal Holiness Church, but a calm, quiet one, not one where people were "speaking in tongues" and rolling in the aisles. The pastor of this church is the one who pushed me toward Islam. (Unintentionally, of course.)

Edited by notme

23 minutes ago, tdawg626 said:

Yeah, many of them really believe that what they are doing is God's work.  I think this verse sums it up...

You misunderstood. not everyone who gives healing is with the truth. Read Deuteronomy 13 as an example.

Edited by THREE1THREE

1 hour ago, THREE1THREE said:

How did he push u  to Islam ? 

By telling hateful lies about Islam and Muslims, but this is off topic. This topic is meant to discuss healing by God's will. 

Just now, THREE1THREE said:

Theological ? 

Specifically, he stated during a worship service that "Islam is Satan worship and Muslims are Satan worshippers." I was shocked - I knew that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all worship the God of Abraham. But the rest of the congregation did not react in any way. I decided to meet with the pastor to ask him to clarify his statement, but first I needed to read the Quran to be absolutely certain that he was wrong. Reading the Quran caused me to be unable to avoid coming to Islam. 

42 minutes ago, notme said:

Specifically, he stated during a worship service that "Islam is Satan worship and Muslims are Satan worshippers." I was shocked - I knew that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all worship the God of Abraham. But the rest of the congregation did not react in any way. I decided to meet with the pastor to ask him to clarify his statement, but first I needed to read the Quran to be absolutely certain that he was wrong. Reading the Quran caused me to be unable to avoid coming to Islam. 

Oh, l was hoping he would come with Arguments. little does he know his own bible says “Allah” In the book of Daniel, Ezra, Jeremiah and Nehemiah. 

Thanks for your input and replies on this topic.  Maybe I go to a strange church but healing ministry is regularly part of the service and different people come for healing.  Sometimes even when there isn't a special focus on healing people get healed.

I agree that our prayers don't twist God's arm and force him to heal.  I agree too, that God doesn’t heal every one, his plans and purposes are more than we can understand.  Having said that God is a healing God and he has always been a healing God and is still a healing God because he doesn't change.  However many false stories and imposters there are it doesn't take away the fact that God heals.

Matthew 7:21-23 doesn't say that everyone who does miracles will be sent away it says 'many'  That means there will be some who Jesus will accept and welcome into his kingdom.  Some people, who in the name of Jesus pray for healing from the Almighty healing God and see healing, will be declared to be true followers of Jesus.