Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest dotdotdot

Astral plane/ projection

Rate this topic

Guest dotdotdot

do you guys believe in the astral plane or projection? Does it contradict religion? Is it real? What are your guys thoughts on this?

As salaamun aleikum,

Please listen to this lecture from 23:20 to 28:00, then agin from 38:00 til the end. 

The sheikh is recounting 1 event of many that Ayatullah HassanZadeh Amoli had from a book the Ayatullah has written. 

I think you will find your answer here.

This whole lecture (and the series in its entirety) is definetly worth a listen, however, if you only want to learn of a grand ayatullah/ariffs personal experience regarding the subject you are enquiring about, the excerpts i have detailed should suffice. 

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl

@shia farm girl  Uhty, what did he say?

l had to go back a look up "astral plane prevarication."

lt is classically based, Mid-Evil pseudo-knowledge.

lf you can, inshallah, begin with a short critical-thinking read: https://evansvilleotters.com/blog/132549-astral-projection-in-islam

Then read this: https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/body-experience-islamic-input/

This should satisfy your curiosity.

@hasanhh

Salaam brother,

Dr Sekaleshfar is reading from a book written by Ayatullah Hassan Hassanzadeh Amoli, who gives an account of his own experience in what i guess could be deemed an out of body experience based on his own description. He (Hassanzadeh Amoli) describes detaching from his body which occurs while reciting a spiritual mantra during a 40 day vigil that he was undergoing at the time.

Was this what you were refering to when you tagged me and asked "what did he say?"

I cant say ive ever astral projected, but ive definetly had lucid dreams before. I dont think lucid dreaming is much more than your mind being between sleep and awake such as to give the effect that "youre awake in your dream and can literally choose what to do next", which is what my experience was, but i dont believe lucid dreaming has anything to do with the soul leaving the body or astral projection.

From what I understand, the astral projection experienced by Ayatollah Hassenzdeh Amoli was achieved through his practice of spirituality, zikr, supplication and devotion to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). If astral projection is real in the sense that there is another realm that these people are tapping into, it's not simply open to people who practice a spiritual regimen, as its been claimed to have occured  by lots of people, many of them who dont even have a belief in God. Not believing in  God wouldnt make an entire realm of existence not exist.

Ayatullah Hassanzadeh Amolis experience was to teach him a lesson, which was that he needed to speak less. Dr sekaleshfar goes into the details of this during the lecture I posted, however I understand some people may not be interested in listening to the entire lecture which is why I chose the Snippets where he's reading ghe account from the Ayatollahs book.

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl

30 minutes ago, shia farm girl said:

Was this what you were refering to when you tagged me and asked "what did he say?"

I cant say ive ever astral projected, but ive definetly had lucid dreams before.

Yes.

We all have lucid dreaming, yet from l read, because our own thoughts can direct this kind of dreaming, most people get that self-misleading "meanings."

l had one of these with a subject person and got so angry whille a-sleepy l had serious chest pains by the time l was fully awake.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:07 AM, hasanhh said:

l had one of these with a subject person and got so angry whille a-sleepy l had serious chest pains by the time l was fully awake.

Oh wow, subhannallah, thats scary! It seemed so real that your body reacted as if it was!?

Sometimes i have dreams where im with certain people that have passed on or are somehow significant and important to me, and when i wake up, theres a weird, lingering feeling of longing thats usually accompanied by a deep sadness that takes a while to disipate. Strange how affected we can become by mere dreams.

Thanks for sharing!

W/s

On 7/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, hasanhh said:

@shia farm girl  Uhty, what did he say?

l had to go back a look up "astral plane prevarication."

lt is classically based, Mid-Evil pseudo-knowledge.

lf you can, inshallah, begin with a short critical-thinking read: https://evansvilleotters.com/blog/132549-astral-projection-in-islam

Then read this: https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/body-experience-islamic-input/

This should satisfy your curiosity.

Those guys are not the authority in Islam (the articles you posted). 1000s of articles like that giving their own theory.

Whatever Farrokh Sekaleshfar has mentioned is true and correct. 

On 7/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, race said:

Whatever Farrokh Sekaleshfar

Beginning at ~9:45 ?

l think he is using the word 'esoteric' incorrectly. Esoteric is akin to 'secret knowledge' as in a club, spy organization and such; and not "animalistic traits."

To add in general remark, 'astral plane' is a form of 'out-of-body-experience.'

On 7/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

Please listen to this lecture from 23:20 to 28:00, then agin from 38:00 til the end. 

The sheikh is recounting 1 event of many that Ayatullah HassanZadeh Amoli had from a book the Ayatullah has written. 

I think you will find your answer here.

This whole lecture (and the series in its entirety) is definetly worth a listen, however, if you only want to learn of a grand ayatullah/ariffs personal experience regarding the subject you are enquiring about, the excerpts i have detailed should suffice. 

W/s

salaam, do you know the name of the book he is reading from?

There are narrations like this one:

Imam al-Baqir (a) said: "When people sleep, their spirits go out into the heaven. Whatever the spirit sees while in the heaven is true, and whatever it sees in the air (between earth and the heavens) is just muddled dreams.

Amali al-Sadooq, p.209

Also in the Sunni tradition the mi'raj wasn't physical, so people who want to argue for this kind of thing can build an argument off these types of narrations. 

It isn't a normalthing to be into, it is most likely mixture of delusion and self deception (rather than a lie) 

Allahu a'lam

1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

As salaamun aleikum brother, i will try to find out..i THINK he may have refered to it as "1001 Points", or something like that, but im not 100% sure.

W/s

13 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

As salaamun aleikum brother, i went back through the video and at 43:54, he (Ayatullah HassanZadeh Amoli) says:

" Attach point number 320 of my book 1001 Points..."

So it appears the book is 1001 Points

W/s

On 7/13/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Allahu a'lam

On 7/14/2020 at 6:08 AM, shia farm girl said:

W/s

On 7/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, A_KazmiSayyid313 said:

YO interesting stuff 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:39 PM, khamosh21 said:

l found this this week:

"Researchers induce out-of-body experiences" Subheadline: "Confusing brain reveals insights about nature of 'self'."

"Researchers in England and Switzerland have figured out ways to confuse sensory signals recieved by the brain, allowing people to seem to be standing aside and watching themselves."

No drugs involved.

"The research is described in today's [Friday, 24 August 2007 -ed.?] edition of the journal Science."

"So seated volunteers were fitted with head-mounted video displays that allowed them to view themselves from behind, using a pair of video cameras, one for each eye."

"A researcher would stand behind them and extend a plastic rod toward the area below the cameras. At the same time another plastic rod, which they could not see, touched their chest."

"The volunteers said they experienced the feeling of being behind their own body watching. Many found it 'weird' and seemingly real, though not scary."

"They felt that their center of awareness 'self' is located outside their physical bodies and that they look at their bodies from the perspective of another person, (Dr. Henrik) Ehrsson reported."

"The idea is to change the visual input and its relationship to the tactile information," he said. "The brain is always trying to interpret sensory information. The brain can trick itself."

The article then describes other experiments. 0ne involved moving a hammer through the cameras' view while measuring skin resistance. The volunteers experience some level of fear.

That's the gist of the article.