Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

How to start learning Arabic from stratch? Where to learn Arabic?

Recommended Posts

As salam o aliakum

Can anyone guide towards the best approach in learning arabic?

I can't join an institute since i study, game, read etc

But i at least want to start learning arabic. Also i speak urdu so would that benefit me?

I realized there are many things, that require knowledge of arabic so anyone who can guide?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam,

The simplified version would be to start learning grammar (Pakistanis are really good grammarians so check on YouTube for videos in Urdu), along with some sarf and pick up vocab as you go along. Your Urdu will come in handy because it contains many Arabic words.

Alternatively there are free courses available, such as the Medina Arabic book set, which has online videos as well. It is a very popular book.

Good luck insha'Allah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Salam,

The simplified version would be to start learning grammar (Pakistanis are really good grammarians so check on YouTube for videos in Urdu), along with some sarf and pick up vocab as you go along. Your Urdu will come in handy because it contains many Arabic words.

Alternatively there are free courses available, such as the Medina Arabic book set, which has online videos as well. It is a very popular book.

Good luck insha'Allah

Yes InshaAllah 

I would prefer lectures to be in urdu.

I normally waste my time at night playing games from 9 to 1 so instead, if i give sometime to arabic, i might be able to learn some of it in a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Madinah Arabic books are quite good.

https://abdurrahman.org/arabic-learning/madina-arabic/

(The main books are in Arabic, but there is an associated English or Urdu Key to help you understand what is going on)

There also seem to be Urdu lectures on Youtube:

 Or English ones:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haydar Husayn said:

The Madinah Arabic books are quite good.

https://abdurrahman.org/arabic-learning/madina-arabic/

(The main books are in Arabic, but there is an associated English or Urdu Key to help you understand what is going on)

There also seem to be Urdu lectures on Youtube:

 Or English ones:

 

Lol i just listened to half of 1st urdu lecture and noted down things. It seemed good.

All i need is help of Allah to learn this. The only problem i face learning things is that, i am lazy. I want to do it, but actually i sit idle just thinking about it. Today i decided to make a time table.

Like 10-1 for studies.

1 - 9 for gaming and youtube

Then some time say half an hour or an hour daily to arabic at night but with concentration. And by making notes.

I hope i would be able to learn some arabic in 4-5 years like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

I will be learning Arabic too, I know how to read little, still don’t know how to write.

Exactly. I mean, i can get meaning sometimes and understand words like min fi la fa inta qala etc  and many words of urdu have been taken from arabic it makes it way more easier for an urdu guy to learn arabic since even huruf match each other.

I love to look at arabic hadith books.

This just came to my mind when i saw debaters debating against sunnis and they don't know Arabic and get ridiculed by them.

I think i can make arguments way better than them, but reason i never did this was, because i hate when they abuse and make fun of each other over the internet and ridicule each other.

And thats why, i don't get into these things. The only possible way is to learn arabic since i would be able to read a wide range of books with actual matn and no translation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Lol i just listened to half of 1st urdu lecture and noted down things. It seemed good.

All i need is help of Allah to learn this. The only problem i face learning things is that, i am lazy. I want to do it, but actually i sit idle just thinking about it. Today i decided to make a time table.

Like 10-1 for studies.

1 - 9 for gaming and youtube

Then some time say half an hour or an hour daily to arabic at night but with concentration. And by making notes.

I hope i would be able to learn some arabic in 4-5 years like this. 

Here's your mission: Get to lesson 8 by the time summer ends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 6:01 AM, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

As salam o aliakum

Can anyone guide towards the best approach in learning arabic?

I can't join an institute since i study, game, read etc

But i at least want to start learning arabic. Also i speak urdu so would that benefit me?

I realized there are many things, that require knowledge of arabic so anyone who can guide?

Thanks in advance!

This will probably be the best resource you'll come across online if you're interested learning in Arabic :

https://www.imamsadiq.tv/en#

Register for their online seminary. The have full online recorded video lessons on Arabic, classroom style with a whiteboard. The instructors are shia and are really nice too and you can contact them via whatsapp for extra help. You can download the necessary books straight from their site after you make an account and go into their online portal, if it doesn't work, pm me as I have them downloaded already. They teach other Islamic courses too, based on books of classical scholars. However, the language of instruction is in English. 

Once you enter their portal, you see the course titles "Sarf" and "Nahw". You are supposed to start with Sarf first as Sarf is learning how the words work. Nahw is learning how to put together the words together to create sentences.

For dictionaries, a friend on this site suggested to me to download the Hans Wehr dictionary from the app store on your phone (I know it's on Google Playstore for sure, didn't check for apple). Another great app is "wikisurfer 4 wiktionary",

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salaamun aleikum,

I used 2 apps to get started. TengGo Arabic and Quran Learning. Both helped me ALOT and are free to download. You can pay a few dollars for advanced lessons, but the introductory information is very good. I only speak english and these 2 apps brought me along way with just the free features. Now i can pretty much read arabic, but i need to improve on vocabulary.

W/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shia farm girl said:

TengGo Arabic and Quran Learning

I can’t find it in app store, is it available in iOS?

Edited by Diaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Diaz said:

I can’t find it in app store, is it available in iOS?

To be honest, im not sure. I use an android so i dont know whats available for iOS:(

I just realized i spelled yhe first one wrong..its TenguGo...sorry about that!

Edited by shia farm girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diaz said:

I can’t find it in app store, is it available in iOS?

Salaam brother,

I opened my app and went to FAQ and this is what i found:

 

 

If you have any questions or problems with TenguGo Arabic Script please email us: 
 

arabic@tengugo.com


Please let us know the platform (Web, Android, iOS) and details (Version, device, browser, etc..). 

Thank you, 

The TenguGo Arabic Team

 

In sha Allah this helps you somehow.

w/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...