Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Al-Shahid

If sperm is najis are we made from najasa?

Rate this topic

As salaamun aleikum,

There is a saying i have hear, im not sure if its source. It MAY be Imam Ali(عليه السلام) but not sure.

It says:

You are born from najis (sperm) Throughout your life youre a najis-carrier (feces/urine) And when you die you are najis,(dead body is najis)So try to make the time in between your birth and death taher ( by staying in wudhu as much as possible).

I dont know more than this.

W/s

3 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

Sone najis stuff in islam do become not najis if mixed with other substances.

Blood is flowing in the veins, it isn't mixed

4 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

I was reffering to sperm our origin not the things inside of us.

Yes, but to follow with the reasoning of the brother we still have the issue of blood being Najas and it flows within us.

6 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Yes, but to follow with the reasoning of the brother we still have the issue of blood being Najas and it flows within us.

Doesn’t matter if it’s blood or semen, still najasat. And that’s the question. Are we made from najasat? (blood, semen, urine, etc.)

We aren't immaculate beings, I believe that Najasat in the jurisprudential sense is established to aid us in not only avoiding diseases, but also maintaining cleanliness.

12 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

I was reffering to sperm our origin not the things inside of us.

But most of the materials that grow a human come from food or from the mother. Only half the first cell's DNA is carried by the semen.

@Ibn Al-Shahid

Why are you asking this question? 

The question we should ponder on is how najis is our hearts? If even a dog has a purer heart than us we are in trouble! We better start cleaning before we leave the room and the door is locked.

Edited by Rohani

15 minutes ago, notme said:

But most of the materials that grow a human come from food or from the mother. Only half the first cell's DNA is carried by the semen.

@Ibn Al-Shahid

Why are you asking this question? 

An acquaintance (not religious) thought semen was ‘Tahir and when I corrected him he claimed “Then, what? Are we conceived out of Najasa?”

To me, that was an interesting question. I came her to see if there were narrations or explanation to us developing from Najasah (partly, as you have explained). 

30 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

“Then, what? Are we conceived out of Najasa?”

Yes. The answer to this is definitely yes. 

Najis does not equal evil. Pigs and dogs are still creatures of The Creator, and we are designed to be regularly in proximity to najisat when we go to toilet. It takes actual effort to remain clean. 

3 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

If blood is Najas are we composed of Najasa 

Blood only becomes najis/makes us spiritually impure if it exits the body. Same thing with how we become impure and our wudhu is made batil if we pass gas or use the restroom. 

Its impermissable for us to pray if we have blood on our clothing, and there are special rules we have to follow in the event that we are injured and bandaged in an area that we need to wash duri g wudhu, so the issue of blood becoming najis is when it exits the body, not while it is in us. 

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl

6 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

There is a saying i have hear, im not sure if its source. It MAY be Imam Ali(عليه السلام) but not sure.

It says:

You are born from najis (sperm) Throughout your life youre a najis-carrier (feces/urine) And when you die you are najis,(dead body is najis)So try to make the time in between your birth and death taher ( by staying in wudhu as much as possible).

I dont know more than this.

W/s

4 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

An acquaintance (not religious) thought semen was ‘Tahir and when I corrected him he claimed “Then, what? Are we conceived out of Najasa?”

To me, that was an interesting question. I came her to see if there were narrations or explanation to us developing from Najasah (partly, as you have explained). 

Salam our world & we humans are mixed blessing  because all of good things comes out of bad & impure thing & in reverse corruption in good things mad them impure so if we don't  use our intellect & just stick to our lust then we will be most impure thing than sperm but if we use our intellect  in way of Allah then we become  more pure than angles & we will reside in paradise  that there is no corruption in it & good things inside it.

Hadith n. 454

454. Amir al-mu'minin, peace be upon him, said: What has a man to do with vanity. His origin is semen and his end is a carcass while he cannot feed himself nor ward off death.95

454. وقال عليه السلام : مَا لاِبْنِ آدَمَ وَالْفَخْرِ: أَوَّلُهُ نُطْفَةٌ، وَآخِرُهُ جِيفَةٌ، و َلاَ يَرْزُقُ نَفْسَهُ، وَلاَ يَدفَعُ حَتْفَهُ.

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings/selections-sayings-and-preaching-amir-al-muminin-ali#hadith-n-454

وَإِنَّ لَكُمْ فِي الْأَنْعَامِ لَعِبْرَةً ۖ نُّسْقِيكُم مِّمَّا فِي بُطُونِهِ مِن بَيْنِ فَرْثٍ وَدَمٍ لَّبَنًا خَالِصًا سَائِغًا لِّلشَّارِبِينَ ﴿٦٦﴾

There is indeed a lesson for you in the cattle: We give you a drink pleasant to those who drink, pure milk, which is in their bellies, between [intestinal] waste and blood. (66)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/16:66

إِنَّ شَرَّ الدَّوَابِّ عِندَ اللَّـهِ الصُّمُّ الْبُكْمُ الَّذِينَ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ ﴿٢٢﴾

Indeed the worst of beasts in Allah’s sight are the deaf and dumb who do not exercise their reason. (22)

The Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) quoted the Commander of the Faithful (عليه السلام) as saying: God has set the intellect for the angels without lust (sexuality, etc.) and has placed lust for the animals without intellect, and for the son of Adam he has placed both intellect and lust, so each Whoever's mind overcomes his lust is more superior than the angels, and whoever overcomes his lust is more inferior than animals.

بحارالانوار، جلد60، باب 39 روايت 5، صفحه 299

Bihar al Anwar , v 60 , chapter  39 narration  5 p 299

https://hawzah.net/fa/Hadith/View/50013/برتری-انسان-بر-فرشتگان

شیخ صدوق، علل الشرائع، ج‏1، ص 4- 5

Sheikh  Saduq , Ilal al-sharāyi , v 1 , p4-5

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ سِنَانٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ جَعْفَرَ بْنَ مُحَمَّدٍ الصَّادِقَ (ع) فَقُلْتُ الْمَلَائِکَةُ أَفْضَلُ أَمْ بَنُو آدَمَ فَقَالَ قَالَ أَمِیرُ الْمُؤْمِنِینَ عَلِیُّ بْنُ أَبِی طَالِبٍ ع إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ رَکَّبَ فِی الْمَلَائِکَةِ عَقْلًا بِلَا شَهْوَةٍ وَ رَکَّبَ فِی الْبَهَائِمِ شَهْوَةً بِلَا عَقْلٍ وَ رَکَّبَ فِی بَنِی آدَمَ کِلَیْهِمَا فَمَنْ غَلَبَ عَقْلُهُ شَهْوَتَهُ‏ فَهُوَ خَیْرٌ مِنَ الْمَلَائِکَةِ وَ مَنْ غَلَبَتْ شَهْوَتُهُ عَقْلَهُ فَهُوَ شَرٌّ مِنَ الْبَهَائِم»

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa24447

11 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

If blood is Najas are we composed of Najasa 

Yes humans! Get over it. Our body started from a Najis things. Allah breathed his 'Ruh' into humans(15:29) that made the human worthy of being prostrated to by Angels and Jinns.

When the 'Ruh' leaves the bodies the corpse that is left behind is again Najis.

Take home message: Focus on the soul, not the body.Allah gave you a pure soul.Take care of it.

Edited by starlight
Typo

Is this an unwarranted assumption? What evidence is there that it is najis when inside the human body? I don't think we can really use that term without evidence.

Is transfused blood najis? Does the blood go from being tahir to najis to tahir? Is it even correct to use the notions of ritual najasah and ritual taharah on essential components inside the body?

5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

What evidence is there that it is najis when inside the human body

Don't know if this applies to sperms too but as far as the organs go, an organ taken outside the body(for transplantation) is najis and remains so until it becomes part of the recipient's body by rejuvenation,provided the recipient is muslim. So if this can be applied to sperm, so sperm becomes part of the woman's body after implantation and that's about 10days after conception. 

5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Is this an unwarranted assumption? What evidence is there that it is najis when inside the human body? I don't think we can really use that term without evidence.

Is transfused blood najis? Does the blood go from being tahir to najis to tahir? Is it even correct to use the notions of ritual najasah and ritual taharah on essential components inside the body?

As salaamun aleikum,

When a muslim receives a transplant from a non muslim, eventually after the transplanted tiisue becomes a part of tbe muslims body through use. At this point, the tissue/body part becomes pure. It is PROBABLY the same with a blood transfusion, but im not 100% on this. 

Ws

12 minutes ago, starlight said:

So if this can be applied to sperm, so sperm becomes part of the woman's body after implantation and that's about 10days after conception. 

How do we know what Islam teaches in this regard? Perhaps to Islam it doesn't need that level of integration to be considered not najis. Maybe it was never considered najis at all in the whole process.

I don't know. And my only reason to post was to point that perhaps we can't make such assumptions in general.