Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohamed1993

Clandestine operations inside Iran

Rate this topic

Yikes, now the USAF got too close to an Iranian civilian airliner, I think the aim was to get the Syrian airdefences to shoot it down or something and cause massive Iranian civilian casualties; https://twitter.com/Azodiac83/status/1286401130214445062. If this isn't terrorism I don't know what is. 

4 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

To which I responded: "The Persian gulf is a few dozen meters deep, submarines can not operate there". Of course such people never relent. Ok, fine.

Why is the 5th Fleet's base in Bahrain then?

Cruising depth of US subs is 200 feet which is about 61 meters and more shallow than the central portion of the Gulf.

51 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Why is the 5th Fleet's base in Bahrain then?

Cruising depth of US subs is 200 feet which is about 61 meters and more shallow than the central portion of the Gulf.

I don't believe it I have to do this again? 61 meters is a very bad depth for a submarine when it comes to combat because detection and very effective ASW becomes imminent. Sure it can cruise on surface like a surface vessel or even submerge a little but the absence of enough depth to conceal itself defeats its purpose which is to be a submersible warship. During post 1942 WW2 the German UBoats would go beyond 200m depth to evade the then sonar detection and ASW techs. None of them dared enter the English Channel or similar shallow places anywhere. There being a 61 meter spot means nothing. If it moves to periscope or near periscope depths it will get rammed by surface vessels. There is no place to hide for a sub in the persian gulf. Being stationed in a harbor there does not mean it is meant to fight there. Its purpose starts after reaching the depths of the Indian ocean. Please read about submarines and ASW first.

But of course, you will probably disagree?

15 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Yikes, now the USAF got too close to an Iranian civilian airliner, I think the aim was to get the Syrian airdefences to shoot it down or something and cause massive Iranian civilian casualties; https://twitter.com/Azodiac83/status/1286401130214445062. If this isn't terrorism I don't know what is. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/24/iranian-passenger-plane-forced-to-change-course-as-us-fighter-jets-approached-report

It looks like it was suggested as a standard inspection at some 1,000 meters away.

This got me thinking about the psychological aspects of war.

If you live in an environment, where, for example, just 6 months ago an airline was shot down; as a pilot, and as passengers, you're probably going to be on edge, psychologically. The jet pilot may personally understand the situation and the jet pilot knows that he isn't going to fly into the passenger plane. But the passenger pilot doesn't necessarily know that and could very well be psychologically stressed. 

The passenger pilot could abruptly descend as a response, without it having anything to do with plans of directing anti aircraft fire at the passenger plane (for which I'm not sure such weapons were even in the area, let alone would they be fired). 

Even the consideration that there might be a plan to have anti aircraft shoot the passenger plane, is more likely just a response to the last passenger plane shooting, than it is a feasible consideration.

Overall though, I don't think the US should be in Syria. That passenger plane could have crashed simply as a product of ongoing conflict that, I just don't think we need to be a part of.

22 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

This is what israhell did back in 2018 at Latakia which got 15 russians dead that were flying on a transport airplane.

They went to bomb syria and then deliberately took cover behind the military transport plane which made the anti aircraft missles hit the russian plain instead. This was enough for putin to finalize the S300 delivery to syria as they understood that this was a deliberate action from the israhellis.

I believe they, both the US and israhell, do these cowardly and pathethic actions in order to try and create discord among allies on the opposite side of the conflict.

It is really a desperate move, just as desperate as their assassination of shahid Suleimani and Mohandis. Imagine claiming to have the best intelligent services in the world and then still being outclassed by people from "3rd world countries" to the degree that they feel like murder is the only solution to solve their problems.

They are on their last legs and their time is coming, inshaAllah in our life times we will see them fall.

Edited by Soldiers and Saffron

2 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

This was enough for putin to finalize the S300 delivery to syria as they understood that this was a deliberate action from the israhellis.

That have never and will never be used. 

Several injured after US fighter jets come close to Iranian passenger plane over Syrian airspace

The incident took place on Thursday involving two warplanes and Mahan Air’s Flight 1152 that had taken off from Tehran and was en route to the Lebanese capital, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) News, the Iranian national broadcaster’s news outlet, reported, citing Syria’s civil aviation authority.

The authority specified the airspace over Syria’s hugely-strategic al-Tanf region as the place where the incident had happened.

The aviation body, however, refused to acknowledge any stopover by the Iranian aircraft as a result of the harassment, saying the plane continued en route to its destination notwithstanding.

In response, the US Central Command said a single F-15 had made a “visual inspection” of the Iranian airliner “in accordance with international standards... to ensure the safety of coalition personnel” at the military base in al-Tanf.

The command added that the US F-15 was on a “routine air mission” in Syria and conducted “a standard visual inspection of a Mahan Air passenger airliner at a safe distance of approximately 1,000 meters”.

“Once the F-15 pilot identified the aircraft as a Mahan Air passenger plane, the F-15 safely opened distance from the aircraft.”

https://en.abna24.com/news//several-injured-after-us-fighter-jets-come-close-to-iranian-passenger-plane-over-syrian-airspace_1057573.html