Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Haider

Aqeeqa or Aqiqah

Rate this topic

Guest Haider

Hi All,

Allah has blessed me with a baby girl & i am planning to do her aqeeqah. As i live in the UK, I am planning to use an online service (www.world-federation.org) for animal qurbani. They take 3-6 months to process it. If any one knows any other online Shia aqeeqah service, please do let me know.

My main question is, on http://en.wikishia.net/view/Aqiqa

The 5th Ruling/Condition of Aqeeqah states:

5.The slaughtering of the animal and the shaving of the baby's head should be done in the same place.

So if i use an online service, the slaughtering of the animal will be in some other country - and head shaving in UK. Is this allowed? I follow Sistani but do not know what the ruling is.

Can some one please let me know, i am really confused.

thanks,

Haider

Salam,

Congratulations on the baby.

Reading through sayed Sistanis answers to questions on this issue, a reoccurring theme is that it is recommended not obligatory, and then certain things like the slaughter being done on the seventh day, ten people eating from the animal, the type of animal (cow, sheep or camel) the age of the animal, slaughtering a male for a boy and a female for a girl are among the recommend actions relating to it. Things that are disliked are the parents eating the animal or breaking its bones. None of these fall into halal or haram.

I didn't see the issue of the hair being brought up in the conditions.

:salam:

Ah the aqiqah. 

I remember sending a group invite to my Shia friends (Arab natives) for my first newborn's aqiqah. They all politely accepted to come but were like "Aqiqah, what is it btw, never heard of it".

Lol.