Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Joseph

If Allah is qadir...

Rate this topic

Guest Joseph

I have a question please answer it fast

If allah is qadir and he is able to do anything then is he not able to take form of a human without becoming his creation

I don't Have a direct answer for your question. 

But may be this could be Helpful for you to understand How Allah عزّ وجلّ is Al Qadir.

Although I don't Have a reference for this right now. I've Heard this in a video. so i apologise to whomsoever it may concern.

Once a atheist came to the court of the khalifa (not sure which, but one amongst the first 3) and said to the khalifa that i want to become a Muslim. He asked him should we make you recite the kalma? Atheist replied, first answer my question. 

The atheist said, isn't there a verse in the Holy Qur'an which says,

surely, You are Able upon everything [3:26]

He replied, yes

The atheist asked, Do you believe this is possible?

He replied, yes we do believe. Allah can do whatever He desires.

The atheist said, now lets come to my question.

Atheist asked, Can your Allah (azwj) create another Allah? 

Because He is Laa shareek (with no partners)

Tha khalifa called His rented scholars and asked them to answer the questions.

The scholars said we need 3 days to find an answer for it

He replied, you will get the answer for your question within 3 days.

After 3 days, once again the atheist came to the court and asked, did you get the answer for my question?

The khalifa called his rented scholars and asked them for the answers.

They said, Lets kill him. He Has been disrespectful towards Allah. He is standing in the court of Muslims and asking can Allah (azwj) create another Allah. what can be a greater disrespect then this. He Has made an accusation against our Allah.

the khalifa asked, will the punishment be related to islam?

they said, yes completely related to islam

the khalifa ordered to kill him. The executioner kept the sword on the neck of the atheist.

The atheist said, i will be dead but my question will remain Alive. And till the time my question won't be answered, my name will remain Alive.

Then they decided not to kill the atheist. But they somehow wanted him to go away from the court. So they said, lets remove that verse from the Holy Qur'an and lets say that verse isn't the part of the Holy Qur'an.

Then later Hazrat salmaan (a great companion of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) grabbed the Hand of the atheist and told Him, let me take you to the one who is the inheritor of the Holy Qur'an. Then they reached at the door Of Imam Ali (عليه السلام). Salmaan said peace be upon you Ya Ameer ul Mo'mineen (عليه السلام)

Imam (عليه السلام) replied, peace be upon you too O Salmaan. 

Imam (عليه السلام) asked Him, did you come alone or brought the atheist along?

The atheist tried to return. Salmaan said to Him, take your answers and then go. salmaan aksed Him Why are you returning?

Atheist replied, I've got my answers. The one who knows me without meeting me will also know the answers to my question as well.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said to Him, your question was, whether Allah is able upon all things or not.

Undoubtedly Allah is able upon all things.

Your second question was can He create another Allah.

Because He is Laa shareek (with no partners)

Imam (عليه السلام) said, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) can create not one but one thousand Allah. but As many as He will create, He Himself will remain the creator and others will be called His creation.

Edited by randomly curious

Allah can’t do self-contradictory things. The limitless can’t become limited. Of course, Allah could create a human being out of nothing, and control it like a puppet, which superficially could be said to be ‘taking the form of a human’, but it wouldn’t be true in essence.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, Guest Joseph said:

If allah is qadir and he is able to do anything then is he not able to take form of a human without becoming his creation

2 chronicles 6:18

18But will God indeed dwell with man on the earth? Behold the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You; much less this House that I have built.

what is the benefit of becoming limited? 

On 7/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, THREE1THREE said:

2 chronicles 6:18

18But will God indeed dwell with man on the earth? Behold the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You; much less this House that I have built.

what is the benefit of becoming limited? 

God's presence was actually in the temple, on earth with mankind.  This verse is not seeking to disprove that God can become a man or that his presence could be with us. 

18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, Lord my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

What the writer is asking is, in other words, "Could God really dwell with us humans?" Then he goes on to describe his eternalness and vastness. The fact is that God did dwell among his people, just as he dwells in believers today in the Holy Spirit.  However, God still exists everywhere.   

On 7/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, Guest Joseph said:

Hi!

Good question. 

I believe that God is all powerful as well being a Christian.  I do believe that being all-powerful would allow you to do anything that does not contradict your nature. I'm wondering, does the Qu'ran say that God cannot become a man?  We find in many Muslim sources that he is well described like a man and that people will visually see him in the afterlife.  Could not God choose to do what he wanted to, even if it made no sense to us?  

I don't see why God couldn't be both limited and not limited at the same time without having to be considered a creation of himself.  After all, he's eternal and God.  However, it's a harder concept to grasp in Islam because there is literally one being of Allah and one "person." Human being are one being and one person.  

I think Christianity provides a more logical approach to this from what scripture has revealed to us, that God also has one being (he is who he is and does not share this with anyone else who is not by nature God).  Jesus and the Holy Spirit share this one being, being each a distinct person within this being and each equally God.  So, when Jesus becomes a man (not by God having relations with Mary which is heresy) but by the Father impregnating Mary through the Holy Spirit by placing him in her womb miraculously, he takes on a body like ours and dwells among us.  The Bible teaches he was fully human, although not conceived in the same way as us even though he experiences pain, suffering, emotions etc.  

Why would God do something like this people ask? Out of love.  Out of mercy.  To relate to us in our pain.  To be close to us, heal us, and restore us to God.  Just as God walked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day in the garden of Eden, so Jesus, our God, walked among us.  What a beautiful picture!

Have a good one!

Just now, tdawg626 said:

We find in many Muslim sources that he is well described like a man and that people will visually see him in the afterlife. 

I think the Wahabis believe that God has arms and legs for some reason.
I believe that he might show him self like that to people. He sometimes show him self to me in dreams like that, but I understand that it is just a "masque" for the courtesy of my limited understanding. The true God "behind the masque" is limitless and beyond comprehension. That is what I believe anyway.

2 hours ago, tdawg626 said:

Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 

You sound absolutely stupid i don’t know why did you attempt that.

God is everywhere (omniPRESENT), so when a servant of God rises his hands and humbled self and supplicate to God he is obviously standing before God. 

We find in many Muslim sources that he is well described like a man and that people will visually see him in the afterlife

Many metaphors are used. God is not discribed as man in the Quran clearly you haven’t read the parts of the Quran which are clear regarding God.

I don't see why God couldn't be both limited and not limited at the same time without having to be considered a creation of himself. 

You can’t be Omnipresent and not omnipresent at the same time. 

You can’t even call your comment a “logical fallacy” because it’s not logical in the first place. 

Jesus and the Holy Spirit share this one being, being each a distinct person within this being and each equally God

In other words three Gods.

since they are DISTINCT persons who share the same essence.

the trinity is illogical and yous fall into 6 heresies while explaining. 

Just as God walked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day in the garden of Eden,

You must be drunk. Go ask a Jew how is it read in Hebrew, I’m not even gonna answer that for you. 

not by God having relations with Mary which is heresy)

I thought the Holy Spirit is God? What happened. 

Edited by THREE1THREE

7 hours ago, tdawg626 said:

To relate to us in our pain.  To be close to us, heal us, and restore us to God.

God did all of these without limiting Himself all in the OT. 

You distance yourself from God by not obeying God commands through His  messangers. And by not understanding Him the way He is meant to be understood.

@tdawg626 

surah 3:7

“It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. ...”

7 hours ago, tdawg626 said:

But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 

The verse is pretty clear. if God connot dwell in heaven what makes you think He can dwell on earth? The moment you have confined God you have given Him a form (which limits Him) and a likeness.

you keep on trying fit in a pagan doctrine and overlook every clear verse. But fail miserably. And go a step further to take metaphors from the Quran out of context. How arrogant must you be?  You expose yourself again and again.  

Exodus 20:3-4

“You shall have no other gods upon My Face. 

You shall not make for yourselves a graven image or any likeness which is in the heavens above, which is on the earth below, or which is in the water beneath the earth.”

2 chronicles 2:5 Tanakh.

“5And who can gather up strength to build Him a House, for the heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him, and who am I that I should build Him a House, only to burn incense before Him.”

if God cannot be contained in a temple which is on earth what makes you think He can be contained within a human or in earth ? There is no benfit at all for God to become a human, just like their is no benefit for a human to become a piece of wood. 

1 hour ago, Revert1963 said:

I think the Wahabis believe that God has arms and legs for some reason.
I believe that he might show him self like that to people. He sometimes show him self to me in dreams like that, but I understand that it is just a "masque" for the courtesy of my limited understanding. The true God "behind the masque" is limitless and beyond comprehension. That is what I believe anyway.

What do you see in your dreams? Are they usually the same or different every time? What does he look like in your dreams.

5 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

The verse is pretty clear. if God connot dwell in heaven what makes you think He can dwell on earth? The moment you have confined God you have given Him a form (which limits Him) and a likeness.

you keep on trying fit in a pagan doctrine and overlook every clear verse. But fail miserably. And go a step further to take metaphors from the Quran out of context. How arrogant must you be?  You expose yourself again and again.  

Exodus 20:3-4

“You shall have no other gods upon My Face. 

You shall not make for yourselves a graven image or any likeness which is in the heavens above, which is on the earth below, or which is in the water beneath the earth.”

2 chronicles 2:5 Tanakh.

“5And who can gather up strength to build Him a House, for the heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him, and who am I that I should build Him a House, only to burn incense before Him.”

if God cannot be contained in a temple which is on earth what makes you think He can be contained within a human or in earth ? There is no benfit at all for God to become a human, just like their is no benefit for a human to become a piece of wood. 

I have not said that God was all contained in the temple. It’s not like God left heaven and stayed in the temple fully and completely. Like you say, he’s omnipresent -he’s everywhere at all times. The temple was unique, though, in that it was both deeply symbolic and there was a special sense of the presence of God. No one could just barge in there and do whatever they pleased. If a high priest went into the Holy of Holies, for example, and did not have a right heart before God, he could be struck dead right there. I’m not saying even that God was partially there and everywhere else. No building can contain all of God,  nor can the universe.  But we see a display of his glory in the temple in a special way, again, not the fullness of it as if it were only there and not anywhere else. In the Christian the Spirit of God loves in us fully, yet is fully everywhere at the same time. 

God’s logic goes beyond our logic. Just because I cannot fully understand something about God does not mean that belief is wrong. It does not always have to be logical to humans to be true. It can be logical to God and mysterious to humans. I do not limit God to what he can do as long as it does not go against who he is or against what he says he cannot do. 

If you fee like looking at this article regarding the temple, here it is:

https://carm.org/the-glory-of-the-temple-and-the-deity-of-christ

To me, this is like saying can Allah become a rock (Nauzubillah)? Can Allah die (nauzubillah)?

It is a rational impossibility.

The infinite cannot become finite. 2+2 can never be 5. Day and Night cannot occur at the same time. Salt cannot be sweet. Sugar cannot be salty. By its very essence, sugar is sweet and not salty.

20 minutes ago, tdawg626 said:

I have not said that God was all contained in the temple. It’s not like God left heaven and stayed in the temple fully and completely.

Not even consistent.  

2 chronicles 2:5 Tanakh.

“5And who can gather up strength to build Him a House, for the heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him, and who am I that I should build Him a House, only to burn incense before Him.”

which part did you not understand?

The temple was unique, though, in that it was both deeply symbolic and there was a special sense of the presence of God.

All temples are God’s houses, the Jews call the synagogues God’s house and Muslims also call the mosque’s God’s house.

You cannot feel God but you can know His with you through the certainty of your heart and logical mind. 

God’s creation is a manifestation of His glory (qualities). So God’s glory is displayed everywhere.  Isaiah makes that clear , can’t remember which chapter exactly atm but it’s in the 40’s. 

Go read the thread “The essence of Allah” 

God’s logic goes beyond our logic. Just because I cannot fully understand something about God does not mean that belief is wrong

That’s when your delusional and try to justify something that’s illogical and irrational. the Unitarian theology diffrentiates being finite and stupidity. Right now your being stupid. Their is no purpose for God being human it only blasphemes Him in everyway possible. 

The scripture makes it clear God cannot be contained in heaven and you arrogantly deny it. That verse is clear you can’t just ignore it. It’s either you accept it or disbelieve in it. You can’t make up your own rubbish baseless conclusion when God through His Messengers and prophets has made it clear to you regarding Himself.

Edited by THREE1THREE

3 hours ago, tdawg626 said:

the Spirit of God loves in us fully, yet is fully everywhere at the same time. 

You have no idea what is the spirit of God. This shows your ignorance of scripture, which you have displayed many times, I’ll give a hint, it is divided into two and they are completely different from each other.

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

believe that he might show him self like that to people

God has no form and plus you’re blaspheming God by saying that. You can only God through divine revelation through dreams by God making your spirit conscious enough to know that your experiencing a divine revelation. 

3 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

think the Wahabis believe that God has arms and legs for some reason

Wahabbies (aka Salafi’s), hanballies and hanafis believe in that because they take some of the metaphors in the Quran literally. they have definitely deviated from the soundness of the way. 

surah 3:7

“It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. ...”

On 7/8/2020 at 1:21 AM, Guest Joseph said:

Did you ever consider a holographic projection?

On 7/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, Guest Joseph said:

Allah is qadir with along being wise. Why would he want to become a lesser being which is sign of being unwise ?

Edited by Flying_Eagle

On 7/23/2020 at 4:49 AM, THREE1THREE said:
On 7/23/2020 at 1:28 AM, Revert1963 said:

believe that he might show him self like that to people

God has no form and plus you’re blaspheming God by saying that.

The true God "behind the masque" is limitless and beyond comprehension. That is what I believe anyway. He is though also able to do what ever he wants. I certainly do not mean to blaspheme against God. I say astagfirullah if I have ever done so.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:15 AM, tdawg626 said:

What do you see in your dreams? Are they usually the same or different every time? What does he look like in your dreams.

A number of years ago Jesus came to my dreams, but he is definitely separate from God. This ended after God gave me a vision where he showed me that there is no other true god but him and that he is the only one capable of bringing salvation. I do not claim to have prophetic revelations.(astagfirullah) When God speaks to me it is only because he wants to guide me out of my ignorance or to warn me of my inattentiveness.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, tdawg626 said:

I don't see why God couldn't be both limited and not limited at the same time without having to be considered a creation of himself.

Other than what is created -or can be created- what is there?