Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
NewSun

Questions for Shia

Rate this topic

I have questions for Shia. I have heard many things about the Shia.

None of this is meant to attack the Shia. However, I have heard many things against the Shia and I would like to hear from the Shia point of view. I don't believe that I have ever met a Shia before but what I've heard is as though Shia are basically devils and evil.

I have a few questions.

1- Why are the Shia so much at the forefront of anti-imperialism rather than Sunnis? Is it fake and the Shia are secretly buddies with the Zionists? Why are Shia rather than Sunnis at the forefront of anti-imperialism?

2- Do Shia believe it is halal to kill Sunnis and take their possessions and do they really believe in lying to deceive Sunnis as part of Taqiyyah?

3- Who are the Houthis and why should we support them?

4- Do the Shia hate Aisha and if so why?

5- What exactly is the difference with Shia versus Sunni?????? Why did the Shia split from the Sunni? Or did Sunni split from Shia? What are the origins of the Shia and what do the Shia believe?

6- Is it true that Shia cut themselves on the head with swords?

7- Is it true that Shia practice mutah? Is mutah not zina? If mutah is okay then why is it okay rather than being zina?

Okay, those are questions I have and I wonder what the answers are.

4 minutes ago, Ya Aba 3abdillah said:

Thank you, I have downloaded it. However, if you or anyone else can respond to the questions (even if it's brief or only answers one or a few questions) then I would appreciate it. I come here not to debate or be hostile towards the Shia but to hear from the Shia point of view. I am sure the Shia have probably heard these things before and have responses. The book is 300 pages so it may be a while before I can read it and I assume it does not explain about the Houthis or about the current anti-imperialism that is being displayed by the Shia.

Guest Pschological Warfare

What exactly is the difference with Shia versus Sunni?

It is natural and in our fitra(nature) to start with the basics. 

Principles of Faith (Fundamental of Faith)(Usul al-Din)

Husayn Wahid Khorasani

Grand Ayatullah Husayn Wahid Khorasani (آية الله العظمى حسين وحيد الخراساني‎) is one of the most senior Twelver Shia Marja' living in Iran. He is the current head of Qom Seminary in Qom. He was born in Nishapur, Iran on 1 January 1921. He moved to Najaf, Iraq in 1949 and studied in Ayatollah Khoei Seminary and moved back to Iran in 1972. Currently, he resides in Qom and is considered to be a source of (emulation)*.

https://www.al-islam.org/principles-faith-usul-al-din-husayn-wahid-khorasani

Disclaimer: (emulation)(*) It is Only in Islamic Acts. However, we do research and read the arguments/proof(s) in Fundamental of Faith.

----------

What are the origins of the Shia

Research 

1) Ghadir Khumm : https://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/incident.htm

2) Tragedy of Thursday. https://sunnah.com/muslim/25/29

3) Saqifa

4) Martyrdom of The blessed daughter of Muhammad al- Mustafa ( peace be upon him and his pure progeny). :

https://www.al-islam.org/fatimah-al-masumah-role-model-men-and-women-ayatullah-sayyid-muhammad-husayn-fadlullah/chapter-1-her#1-attack-her-house

5) Battle of Jamal

6) Battle of Siffin

7) Martyrdom of Al-Imam Ahaasan ibn Ali(عليه السلام)

8) Karbala https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf

3 hours ago, NewSun said:

None of this is meant to attack the Shia. However, I have heard many things against the Shia and I would like to hear from the Shia point of view. I don't believe that I have ever met a Shia before but what I've heard is as though Shia are basically devils and evil.

I have a few questions.

1- Why are the Shia so much at the forefront of anti-imperialism rather than Sunnis? Is it fake and the Shia are secretly buddies with the Zionists? Why are Shia rather than Sunnis at the forefront of anti-imperialism?

Probably in large part because many of the leading Sunni countries are in the pocket of the USA and Israel. For example Saudi Arabia depend on America for protection and Egypt are paid huge amounts of money by America to stay on good terms with Israel. I’m sure there would be anti-Imperialist Sunni countries if they weren’t all ruled by Western-backed dictators, but that’s the position they find themselves in.

2- Do Shia believe it is halal to kill Sunnis and take their possessions and do they really believe in lying to deceive Sunnis as part of Taqiyyah?

No in regards to killing and taking possessions. As for taqiyya, that is for protection when there is a fear of persecution.

You don’t have to support them, but you should be disgusted at what Saudi Arabia and their allies are doing in Yemen at the moment. Does any of what they are doing conform to Islamic ethics in warfare?

Many do hate her, yes. For others, it ranges to indifference to string dislike. As for why, it is because of her hated of Imam Ali (عليه السلام), culminating in waging war on him for absolutely no valid reason.

5- What exactly is the difference with Shia versus Sunni?????? Why did the Shia split from the Sunni? Or did Sunni split from Shia? What are the origins of the Shia and what do the Shia believe?

It’s a long story, but in a nutshell it revolves around who the rightful successor to the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was supposed to be. The Shia believe that Imam Ali (a) was the designated successor, while Sunnis believe that Abu Bakr was appointed, or in any case the most deserving.

Unfortunately some do, yes. It’s a sad state of affairs.

7- Is it true that Shia practice mutah? Is mutah not zina? If mutah is okay then why is it okay rather than being zina?

Mut’ah was practiced during the time of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). Do you believe the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) allowed zina?

As for the difference between mut’ah and zina, then they have nothing is common. Mut’ah is almost identical to permanent nikah, except that it’s temporary.

By the way, do you even wonder why haram meat isn’t ok but halal meat is? After all, there is hardly any difference...

I hope the responses you receive are useful to you.

4 hours ago, NewSun said:

I don't believe that I have ever met a Shia before but what I've heard is as though Shia are basically devils and evil.

Shias are not devils or evil, our belief is pure and not deviant. We follow the Quran and the purified household of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) 

The Hadith al-Thaqalayn, also known as the Hadith of the two weighty things, refers to a saying (hadith) of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. According to the hadith of Muhammad, the Qur'an and Ahl al-Bayt ("people of the house", Muhammad's family) had been described as the two weighty things.

www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia/quran-and-ahlul-bayt

Please do take time reading the website above, it will give you a better clarity about our beliefs. 

4 hours ago, NewSun said:

I have a few questions.

1. As for Shia being friends with Zionists, No.

2. I'll look more into this topic.

3. Houthis are a Zaydi Shia movement in Yeman, I don't care if you follow them or not.

4. Most Shia hate Aisha because of rejecting Imam Ali (عليه السلام), being jealous of the other wives of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), and rejecting the commands of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

5. The "sunni" vs Shia split happened because a few people decided to reject the Caliphate of Imam Ali (عليه السلام), Hadith al Thalayn, Tragedy of Thursday, and the killings of Ahlulbayt by the people who call them selves "Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a".

6. The practice of Tatbir is done by people who follow the Marja who says to do so, I follow Khamenei (may Allah bless him) and he says it's Haram.

7. Yes they do.

I do not understand Shia theology. I am also sort of..... not easy at the idea of reading Shia accounts of history because I have been taught that Aisha is the mother of the believers. The idea of reading a historical account against her makes me uneasy.

However, I definitely don't want to give the impression that I am against the Shia. I was told even that the Shia are kuffar, that the Shia are kuffar who are in league with the yahud.

I don't claim that I was given the objectively true picture but I ask questions because I'd like to know more about the Shia. As I said, I don't think I've ever actually met a Shia in real life.

It is very difficult for me to understand the Shia in terms of theology. For example, as I have been taught, Ibn Taymiyyah is Sheik-Ul-Islam. However, I learned recently that the Shia are not in favor of Ibn Taymiyyah and consider him as a precursor of Sheikh Muhammad ibn Wahhab, whom the Shia (if I understand correctly) are against (the Shia disagree with what they call as "Wahhabism" but is also known as Salafiyyah).

Now I do think it is true that Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab does resemble Protestantism in a certain way. I think Salafiyyah does follow a "sola scriptura"-like approach.

However, why exactly do the Shia disagree with Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab? What did he teach that the Shia see as wrong?

However, I sort of quietly very much respect you Shia for your anti-imperialism. If the Shia are such bad guys and the Sunnis are the heroes then why are the Shia the anti-imperialists? I believe in anti-imperialism and I believe that humanity must stand up against imperialism. I love Islam but I am convinced that Islam is not only a set of rituals but that Islam must be implemented beyond just the rote repetition of rituals.

I do not understand your theology but I really like that the Shia are known to be anti-imperialism.

I thank and appreciate very much all the people who have written to explain their point of view.

Aisha and Hafsa were specifically told not to pour "medicine" into the mouth of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), They did so anyway and tried to blame it on his uncle Abbas (رضي الله عنه),

Narrated `Aisha:

We poured medicine in one side of the Prophet's mouth during his illness and he started pointing to us, meaning to say, "Don't pour medicine in my mouth." We said, "(He says so) because a patient dislikes medicines." When he improved and felt a little better, he said, "Didn't I forbid you to pour medicine in my mouth ?" We said, " ( We thought it was because of) the dislike, patients have for medicines. He said, "Let everyone present in the house be given medicine by pouring it in his mouth while I am looking at him, except `Abbas as he has not witnessed you (doing the same to me).

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith #4458, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/64/474

Now lets look at a few things,

1. If the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) wanted the medicine he would have taken it while he was awake.

2. When the hadith says "we" this means Aisha and Hafsa.

3. Aisha disobeyed the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and lied and said Abbas (رضي الله عنه) did it.

4. This hurt the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). (For example if you told your wife, or someone else not to do something and he/she did it than you would be angry/hurt)

5. What does Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) say about some one who hurts the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)? Quran says in Surat al Ahzab, verse 57,

"Indeed, those who abuse Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter and prepared for them a humiliating punishment."

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

اِنَّ الَّذِيۡنَ يُؤۡذُوۡنَ اللّٰهَ وَرَسُوۡلَهٗ لَعَنَهُمُ اللّٰهُ فِى الدُّنۡيَا وَالۡاٰخِرَةِ وَاَعَدَّ لَهُمۡ عَذَابًا مُّهِيۡنًا

6. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) most likely told them not to pour medicine in his mouth because it probably wasn't medicine, it was probably poison.

People will ask if the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) knew this was going to happen, than why didn't he stop Aisha or why did he marry Aisha?

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) warned them (his wives) about not to do after he dies, The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) can't force them to do anything, the Holy Quran says:

فَذَكِّرْ إِنَّمَا أَنْتَ مُذَكِّرٌ

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder.

88:21

قُلْ إِنَّمَا الْعِلْمُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ وَإِنَّمَا أَنَا نَذِيرٌ مُبِينٌ

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Say, "The knowledge is only with Allah, and I am only a clear warner."

67:26

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia/who-are-ahlul-bayt-part-8 <-------This link has some of the stuff said below. The jealousy against Imam Ali (عليه السلام)

Aisha also knew that her father had returned defeated (at the Battle of Khaybar) with the forces who were with him on the day of Khaibar, and that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was pained by this and said: "I will give the standard tomorrow to a man who loves Allah and his Prophet, and whom Allah and his Prophet love, (a man) who will be steadfast and will not flee".

The next day Allah’s Apostle gave ‘Ali the flag and Allah granted victory under his leadership. (See Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English version, Traditions 5.52, 5.520). After ‘Ali had captured Khaibar, he returned with Safiyya Bint Huyayy who the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) married. This descended like a flash of lightning upon the heart of Aisha.

She also knew that the Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had sent her father to proclaim the Chapter al-Bara’a (Ch. 9) to the pilgrims, but then had sent ‘Ali after him, to taking back the responsibility from him. Her father returned in tears and asked the reason for this action, whereupon the Prophet of Allah (S) responded: "Allah commanded me that none should proclaim this except me or someone from my Ahlul-Bayt". and thus he sent ‘Ali for this mission.

Sunni references:

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v2, p183, v5, pp 275,283

• Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 3,151, v3, pp 212,283

• Fadha’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p562, Tradition #946

• al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p51

• Khasa’is al-Alawiyyah, by al-Nisa’i, p20

• Fadha’il al-Khamsa, v2, p343

• Sirah al-Nabi, by Shibli Numani, v2, p239

Abu Bakr once came to the Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), and sought permission to enter. Before he went in, he heard Aisha’s voice raised, saying to the Prophet (saw): "By Allah! I surely know that ‘Ali is dearer to you than me and my father", she repeated this twice or three times".

Sunni reference: Musnad Ahmad Hanbal, v4, p275

The horns of Satan (la) come out of Aisha's house in "Sahih" Muslim.

Ibn `Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood by the door (of the apartment of) Hafsa and, pointing towards the east, he said:

The turmoil would appear from this side, viz. where the horns of Satan would appear, and he uttered these words twice or thrice and `Ubaidullah b. Sa`id in his narration said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) had been standing by the door of `A'isha.

https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/59

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came out from the house of 'Aisha and said:

It would be from this side that there would appear the height of unbelief, viz. where appear the horns of Satan, i.e. the east.

https://sunnah.com/muslim/54/61

Aisha Jealous of Khadija (عليه السلام)

Narrated `Aisha:

I never felt so jealous of any woman as I felt of Khadija, for Allah ordered him (the Prophet (ﷺ) ) to give Khadija the glad tidings of a palace in Paradise (for her).

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/97/110

Aishah narrated:

"I was not jealous of any wife of the Prophet as I was jealous of Khadijah, and it was not because I saw her. It was only because the Messenger of Allah mentioned her so much, and because whenever he would slaughter a sheep, he would look for Khadijah's friends to gift them some of it."

https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/27/123

She told Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) he pretended to be the Prophet.

Once she angrily said to the Messenger of Allah (S):

"It is you who pretend to be a prophet from Allah."

Sunni references:

• Ihyaa al-Ulum, by al-Ghazzali, Chapter 3, v2, p29, The Book on the Etiquettes of Marriage

• Mukashifat al-Qulub, by al-Ghazzali, Chapter 94

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia/who-are-ahlul-bayt-part-5

So this is clear jealousy from Aisha, insulting and hurting the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), and the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said her house is the place where the horns of the devil (la) poke out.

Hopefully this answers some questions.

Edited by Ansur Shiat Ali

11 hours ago, NewSun said:

It is very difficult for me to understand the Shia in terms of theology. For example, as I have been taught, Ibn Taymiyyah is Sheik-Ul-Islam. However, I learned recently that the Shia are not in favor of Ibn Taymiyyah and consider him as a precursor of Sheikh Muhammad ibn Wahhab, whom the Shia (if I understand correctly) are against (the Shia disagree with what they call as "Wahhabism" but is also known as Salafiyyah).

Salam

A Strife-free Dialogue (A Step towards Understanding)

Isam al-Imad

This book aims to establish a suitable method of communication with Wahhabis to familiarize them with Shi‘ism, and to prepare a proper ground for their conversion to the school of thought of the Household of the Prophet, peace be upon them.

https://www.al-islam.org/strife-free-dialogue-step-towards-understanding-isam-al-imad

Familiarity With The Life of The Founder of Wahhabism

https://www.al-islam.org/wahhabism-ayatullah-jafar-subhani/familiarity-with-life-founder-wahhabism

Wahhabism Has Historical Roots

https://www.al-islam.org/all-solutions-are-prophets-progeny-muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi/wahhabism-has-historical-roots

The Life Account of Shaykh Ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab and Ibn Sa‘ud

A cursory glance at the life account of Shaykh Ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab

https://www.al-islam.org/new-analysis-wahhabi-doctrines-muhammad-husayn-ibrahimi/life-account-shaykh-ibn-abd-al-wahhab-and

https://www.al-islam.org/wahabism-crossroads-naser-makarem-shirazi

Wahhabism is merely a political movement that emerged within a religious-ideological framework, and it has brought about a particular social outcome. Of course, the final view must be expressed by social and political scientists.

Explanation of some points
Wahhabism has been labeled with many various names among which is the appellation, ”Salafiyyah”. This name is used because they believe that for the reformation of their religion and beliefs, the present Muslims must go back to the early period of Islam (”salaf” means the past or preceding one). Ibn Taymiyyah has introduced the issue of ”salaf” and his statements are a source of Wahhabi doctrines.

By “Wahhabism” it means that Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab must be followed in socio-political and religious issues because he has taught his followers the way to reform religion and society. The members of these two sects, Wahhabism and Salafism, are followers of the madhhab {school of thought} of Ahmad ibn Hanbal. This group can also be called the ”Zahiriyyah” because in interpreting the passages of the Qur'an and traditions, they content themselves with the outward {zahir} content of the texts. For example, when the Qur'an says:

﴿وَجَاءَ رَبُّك وَالْمَلَك صفًّا صفًّا﴾

And Your Lord and the angels arrive in ranks,3

They interpret it as saying that God will also arrive on the Day of Resurrection in such a way that the people can see Him!

This writing contains subjects that explain the above headings and expresses the Shi`ah Imami beliefs regarding those subjects.

https://www.al-islam.org/new-analysis-wahhabi-doctrines-muhammad-husayn-ibrahimi/introduction

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

The Ahl al-Sunnah View of Ibn Taymiya and his Works

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia/ahl-al-sunnah-view-ibn-taymiya-and-his-works

Ibn Taymiyyah’s defence of Yazid

https://www.al-islam.org/uprising-ashura-and-responses-doubts-ali-asghar-ridwani/ibn-taym

13) Hadith Al-Qital, Ibn Taymiyyah Charges Imam ‘Ali With Mass Murder

https://www.al-islam.org/khilafah-ali-over-abu-bakr-toyib-olawuyi/13-hadith-al-qital-ibn-taymiyyah-charges-imam-ali-mass

14) Hadith Al-Thaqalayn: Clarifying The Confusions Of Ibn Taymiyyah (Part 2)

https://www.al-islam.org/hadith-al-thaqalayn-deposed-will-last-prophet-humanity-toyib-olawuyi/14-hadith-al-thaqalayn

21 hours ago, NewSun said:

I have a few questions.

1. Both shias and sunnis are at forefront of anti-imperialism. Zionists are not human and Shias aren't in secret collaboration with them. Is there anything common between them as regards belief or way of life that they might be collaborators? 

2. Shias believe that killing any human not only sunnis but any human unjustly and due to evil wishes, is as if killing whole humanity. Taqqayih does not mean lying but it means cutting the cause of fighting between two innocent human beings. 

3. Houthis are humans who are made to suffer in their homeland so we shall help every deserving human being who are fighting for their rights.

4. We hate every deed and action done against divinly appointed vicegerents by Allah (عزّ وجلّ). We disagree with Hazrat Ayesha due to her battle against Caliph of time whom people choose by their free will. Thus, she brought war to the door of Prophet who was Ali (عليه السلام). Will you praise the person who bring enemies at your door to fight your father? Even if he is your uncle?

5. We Shias maintain that Caliphs are appointed by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and sunni brothers say that after Prophet left this to people.

6. Some do in love for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) to feel how it would have felt to Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) in Karbala or to eradicate their fear of being cut by swords so when Imam zamana comes they might not be afraid of blades and blood. like some people out of love for their beloved write name on the skin with blades. People in love are sometimes carried away by their emotions while the one whom they love would dislike his lovers to hurt themselves.

7. Mutah has nikah, after nikah the woman observe iddah and therefore child is legitimate. While zine has no nikah and woman dont perform iddah and child born out of it might have multiple fathers and thus child is illegitimate and can become cause of quarrels.

23 hours ago, NewSun said:

I have a few questions.

Shias have been at the receiving end of Sunni muslim imperialism for so long , so let's just say we are used to it 

Imperialism is not just European 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Ibn Taymiaya had a big hatred towards Ahlulbayt (عليهم السلام), most of all Imam Ali (عليه السلام),

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/ibn-taimiyah/hatred-towards-ahulbayt.html

While comparing Abu Bakr with Ali bin Abi Talib (عليه السلام), Ibn Taimiyah states in Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 7 page 331:

وان ولايته الأمة خير من ولاية علي وان منفعته للمسلمين في دينهم ودنياهم اعظم من منفعة علي

“His reign is better than Ali’s reign and his benefit to Muslims in their religion and life is greater than Ali’s”

Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 8 page 230:

وعلي يقاتل ليطاع ويتصرف في النفوس والأموال فكيف يجعل هذا قتالا على الدين

“Ali fought to secure obedience and rule the people and money, so how can that be deemed as fighting for sake of religion?”

We read in Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 8 page 205:

وأما إسلام علي فهل يكون مخرجا له من الكفر على قولين

There are two opinions as to whether Ali’s conversion to Islam released him from kufr or not”

Minhaj al-Sunnah, Volume 4 page 137:

وعلي رضي الله عنه كان قصده أن يتزوج عليها فله في أذاها غرض

“Ali intended to marry so as to hurt her (Fatima) on purpose.”

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/ibn-taimiyah/hatred-towards-ahulbayt.html

On 7/6/2020 at 10:25 AM, Panzerwaffe said:

Shias have been at the receiving end of Sunni muslim imperialism for so long , so let's just say we are used to it 

Imperialism is not just European 

what is Sunni imperialism?

what is Sunni imperialism?

Salam Umayyad & Abbasid  caliphates & somehow Ottomans and KSA Al-Saud family kingship .

On 7/6/2020 at 4:01 AM, NewSun said:

I have a few questions.

1. Sunnis should be too, anyone who cares about this planet should be. It's not particularly a Shi'i view per se, for me at least, but something I am very vehement about.

2. No that is haram, but as we know self-defense is permitted in Islam. Taqiyyah is not lying about what you believe in the way you probably think and it plays practically a non-existent role for me because I'm not under threat of death for being a Muslim. 

3. No idea.

5. She was not a good person. Some people hate her, I don't condone what she did. To me she is to Muhammad what Jezebel was to Samson. 

6. Big topic, since you're asking for differences and not similarities, well the raison d'etre is Imamate which is the wisdom and knowledge (gnosis) of the revelation passed through the Progeny of Muhammad. The spirituality is far more deeper than in Sunnism too, the metaphysics is more complex as well. 

7. Mutah is in the Qur'an, but most Muslims whether Sunni or Shia don't practice it, it's not very necessary in most circumstances and has to be carefully distanced from becoming Zina (which would be a total abuse of the right Allah has given in certain situations).