Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ansur Shiat Ali

Turbah of Karbala

Rate this topic

This post was made because I want people to post Hadith of the Importance of the Turbah of Karbala, I will start,

• Umm Salama (عليها السلام) says: I saw Husayn (عليه السلام) sitting in the lap of his grandfather, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), who had a red block of soil in his hand. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was kissing the dust and weeping. I asked him what that soil was. The Prophet (عليه السلام) said: "Gabriel (عليه السلام) has informed me that my son, this Husayn, will be murdered in Iraq. He has brought this earth for me from that land. I am weeping for the suffering that will befall my Husayn." Then the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) handed the dust to Umm Salama (عليها السلام) and said to her: "When you see this soil turn into blood, you will know that my Husayn has been slaughtered." Umm Salama (عليها السلام) kept the soil in a bottle and kept watch over it until she saw on the day of Ashura, 10th of Muharram 61 A.H., that it turned to blood. Then she knew that Husayn bin Ali (عليه السلام) had been martyred.

[al-Hakim, al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 398]
[al-Dhahabi, Siyar a`lam al-nubala', vol. 3, p. 194]
[Ibn Kathir, al-Bidayah wa'l-nihayah, vol. 6, p. 230]
[al-Suyuti, Khasa'is al-kubra, vol. 2, p. 450; Jam` al-Jawami, vol. 1, p. 26]
[Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Tahdhib al-tahdhib , vol. 2, p. 346]

• 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام), passed by Karbala after the battle of Siffin. He took a handful of its soil and exclaimed: 'Ah, ah, on this spot some men will be slain, and will enter Paradise without reckoning!'

[Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Tahdhib al-tahdhib , vol. 2, p. 348]

• After the martyrdom of Imam Husayn (عليه السلام), his son Imam Zayn al-'Abidin (عليه السلام) picked some up, declared it to be sacred dust, and kept it in a bag. The Imams (a) used to perform prostrations on it and make a tasbih out of it, and recited Allah's praises on it.

[Ibn Shahrashub, al-Manaqib, vol. 2, p. 251]

• The Imams (a) insisted that prostration before Allah must be on clean earth only and that it was preferable if it was performed on that earth of Karbala.

[al-Tusi, Misbah al-Mutahajjad, p. 511]
[al-Saduq, Man la yahduruhu'l faqih, vol. 1, p. 174]