Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul-Hadi

My employment woes may finally be over...

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

I would even go so far as to try and figure out how to start your own business / get your own clients in the industry.

Well there is a balance to be struck between not being overly reliant on someone to making the other person feel that you might be undermining their business and that leads to a break-up!

So he'd have to do the above carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Well there is a balance to be struck between not being overly reliant on someone to making the other person feel that you might be undermining their business and that leads to a break-up!

So he'd have to do the above carefully.

If you maintain the terms of your employement contract with them, I don't see why they would feel that you are undermining their business. They (the owner / employer) has the advantage in this situation. They can set the terms of the employement contract and you have to stick by them. If despite that (huge) advantage, they still try to control your activities outside this contract / agreement, that is considered 'bullying' and the friendship would probably not last long anyway. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be a part owner of this company when he has to renew the LLC & will be putting up half the money to do that. This is essentially a "family business" because this guy is, for all intents and purposes, my brother from another mother. If he had to worry about relying on someone else, he likely wouldn't even have set up the company to begin with. He's going to be doing the majority of the installation work himself, I am going to be his apprentice in this trade.

He put in his two weeks notice today at the glazing firm he currently works for, we should be ready to go in about two weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

I'm going to be a part owner of this company when he has to renew the LLC

Just make sure that the paperwork is done properly and you use an accountant.

I've come across too many instances of people telling me that they don't need anything in writing because they trust each other. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Just make sure that the paperwork is done properly and you use an accountant.

I've come across too many instances of people telling me that they don't need anything in writing because they trust each other. Lol.

Very Good Advice. I will second that. Have an independent party (lawyer or accountant) look over the agreement to make sure that everything is fine and your interests are protected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 5:59 AM, Abu Hadi said:

If you maintain the terms of your employement contract with them, I don't see why they would feel that you are undermining their business. They (the owner / employer) has the advantage in this situation. They can set the terms of the employement contract and you have to stick by them. If despite that (huge) advantage, they still try to control your activities outside this contract / agreement, that is considered 'bullying' and the friendship would probably not last long anyway. 

One of my responsibilities is going to be taking cards around to different home builders and drumming up more work for us.

We're probably not going to hire on any other people for about two years. He already can glaze entirely by himself, he's just bringing me in to teach me a trade because he's sick of seeing me floundering & because he doesn't trust anyone else to actually work hard (He knows that I personally invest myself into the work I do)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...