Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Diaz

Time for combining prayer.

Rate this topic

Salamu Alaykum, someone said it’s not permissible to combine prayer when the azan of Zuhr or magreb passed 15 minute, is that true?

Like let’s say Zuhr prayer is at 12pm, if it became 12:20pm, we can’t combine it with Asr, is that true?

Just now, Diaz said:

Salamu Alaykum, someone said it’s not permissible to combine prayer when the azan of Zuhr or magreb passed 15 minute, is that true?

Like let’s say Zuhr prayer is at 12pm, if it became 12:20pm, we can’t combine it with Asr, is that true?

I know this might sound wrong but once a sheik came 20 mins late for Maghrib and we still prayed together? Allah  (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best 

2 minutes ago, Ali2196 said:

I know this might sound wrong but once a sheik came 20 mins late for Maghrib and we still prayed together? Allah  (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best 

I know, it happened once to me too. 

3 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I know, it happened once to me too. 

I would like some answers but I think it’s fine also I’ve seen on SC that it’s mustahab to leave a gap for example say dua or recite Quran then move onto next salat for example after Maghrib recite Quran 5mins/30mjns then pray Isha. 

Edited by Ali2196

On 7/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, Mahdavist said:

No this isn't the case.

The time for dhuhr starts when the sun is at it's peak. The time for asr starts as soon as the dhuhr prayer is completed.

Both prayers should be completed before sunset.

Similarly the time for maghrib is after the sun has set (and the sky to the east and directly above has become dark) and the time for isha starts once the maghrib prayer is completed. 

Both prayers should be completed before midnight (halfway point between maghrib and fajr)

This is a simple overview, for more details refer to the detailed rulings. 

Prayers should not be delayed and the utmost effort should be made to pray at the earliest time. 

Thanks for the reply but why do we do tasbih or a minor dua and not just go straight into praying the next salat? I get mixed opinions some say it’s mustahab to pray seperate and some same it’s mustahab/sunnah to combine 

10 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

It's just that the time for the asr prayers begins after the dhuhr prayers are completed

Yeah, because when I use to go to the masjid, the imam use to pray Zuhr and then he use to do the sermon after that we pray Asr. 

Edited by Diaz

Shi’as and Sunni’s have different times for fajr prayer as well? Someone said Shia’s should pray 15 minute after fajr azan for Sunnis just like magreb. 

I don't even really know what they mean by "combining prayers".

21 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Praying Zuhr and Asr together, Magreb and Isha together.

What is the proper procedure for this though? You pray all 4/4 3/4 of the two prayers together with just two recitations per?

16 minutes ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

What is the proper procedure for this though? You pray all 4/4 3/4 of the two prayers together with just two recitations per?

You pray dhuhr as normal, then you prayer 'asr as normal. Once you say the salam at the end of the final rak'a your prayer is over, so if you want you can just stand back up, have the intention that you will do whatever prayer (make up a prayer you have missed or a two rak'at recommended prayer, or in the case of the above example the next prayer in the day) - then you do the takbir to start your next prayer and that is it.

But you can only 'combine' the two afternoon prayers and the two evening prayers because they both fall into a shared time frame.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

On 7/7/2020 at 3:19 AM, Diaz said:

Shi’as and Sunni’s have different times for fajr prayer as well? Someone said Shia’s should pray 15 minute after fajr azan for Sunnis just like magreb. 

Anyone?