Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amina

istikarah from Quran interpretation

Rate this topic

Guest Amina

Salam everyone,

I did an istikhara using the Quran method and got Surah Al Qasas Verse 29 which states: 

And when Moses had completed the term and was traveling with his family, he perceived from the direction of the mount a fire. He said to his family, "Stay here; indeed, I have perceived a fire. Perhaps I will bring you from there [some] information or burning wood from the fire that you may warm yourselves."

I probably should've had a scholar do it for me as now I'm just in confusion. So please don't get mad at me! I just want to know all of your opinions. Since this verse says "Fire" does that mean that the istikhara is bad and that I am going towards fire? What I am confused about that in this specific Surah, Moses (عليه السلام) does go towards that fire but that fire is not hot nor burning it is a fire of light and serenity. But that doesn't come up till the later verse. I also read another interpretation on this verse which states: 

And when Moses had completed the agreed term and set forth with his family, he saw with feelings of warmth of affection and love, a sort of fire (on the way at a place) in the direction of the mount. He said to his family, `You stay (here) I have seen with feelings of warmth of love and affection a fire. I hope to bring you some useful and important information from there or (at least) a burning brand from the fire that you may warm yourselves.´

Here it states that "he saw with feelings of warmth of affection and love, a sort of fire" so this is what confuses me. Do I interpret just this ayat or continue reading it and take it as a good "fire"?

Thank you in advance! 

Ws wr Wbarakatuh,

Your Istikhara came out good and you could be in for a good surprise InshaAllah.

qasas.png

From what I remember about the rules of Istikhara, it is a good sign for the verse to be about a Prophet of Allah, and it is a bad sign for it to be about a kafir (e.g. Pharaoh). In your case it is about Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) so it seems good. And the fire mentioned in the verse is not the fire of hell but rather the fire that initiated Musa (عليه السلام) to prophethood.

But perhaps someone can confirm with a sahih hadith that a verse about a Prophet in istikhara is a good sign. I only remember reading about this but can't remember the source.