Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lion of Shia

People say the idea of tawssaul is an belief from Christians!

Rate this topic

salaam

One theory is that tawsaual or intersession was a belife borrowed from christianity and came into islam from Sufis and Shias. Mostly by Salafs and wahabbis.

Whats the refutation on that was it originally allowed in islam?

Salam generally all monotheistic before  Abrahamic  religions  & after it approve asking intercession from pious people & personalities that is proven that have special connection with Allah but in other hand first incident  about rejection  of intercession happened  when Shaytan (la) refused to prostate to prophet  Adam (عليه السلام) that was ordered by Allah to whole of his creation but Shaytan said that I only prostrate to Allah & I don't  prostrate to any mediator .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Do Shias Worship Ahlulbayt? | Shaykh Bahmanpour

Tawassul: Do Shias worship idols? | BISKIT

The irony is Sunnis probably have a stronger proof for tawassul in their books than Shias do. The following hadith is sahih as far as I know.

A blind man came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: "I've been afflicted in my eyesight, so pray to Allah for me". The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: "Go perform ablution (Wudu), perform two Rak’at Salat and then say: "O Allah! I ask you and turn to you through my Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I seek your intercession with my lord for the return of my eyesight, that it may be fulfilled. O Allah! Grant him intercession for me". The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) then said: "and if there is some other need, do the same"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawassul