Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

will Allah forgive you if you've sexually abused your sibling when you were small?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I know someone that has made her little brother that was at that time 4 years old and has down syndrome touch her in her private parts. That girl was at that time 12 years old. She did this because of her own pleasures but now she is almost 20 years old and it's one of the worst regrets of her life she told me. She is a very good muslim now and prays for a lot of forgiveness but she isn't sure if Allah can forgive someone like her. Everyone also thinks of her like a good girl and she helps the poor, she never skips her prayers, is very devoted to her religion etc. She can't ask her little brother for forgiveness because he does not understand and she wants to make it up with him but she thinks she will go to Hell anyways and this makes her get discouraged and depressed. Please be considerate in your replies and do your best not to judge, this sister needs advice and I don't know the answer myself. Can she be forgiven? Because as far as i know some sins never can get forgiven ? Also at the age of 12 years old she started becoming more serious about her religion.

• Advanced Member

At 12 years old, sanity at that age is questionable since we are still learning and reaching the next step very soon I guess she was ignorant at that age so considering that she would be forgiven and the four old has no blame at all and also putting in to consideration his state. But I would encourage her to give charity on her behalf and her brother as a seal. 

• Advanced Member

Is there a sin bigger than God? Don't underestimate God's mercy, every Ayah doesn't begin with "In the name of God, the most Merciful, the most Compassionate" for no reason. He's so merciful that he'll even forgive her if she killed her brother, there is no sin too big for God to forgive

5 hours ago, itachi said:

Because as far as i know some sins never can get forgiven ?

After death. While you're alive you can rob 1000 banks and get forgiven 

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

At 12 years old, sanity at that age is questionable

Salam anyway the age of 9 is age of puberty for women so she must face consequence  of her action but because she is really  repented &   trying to fix her mistake so inshaAllah , Allah will forgive  her.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
41 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

age of 9

Yes I agree; I do tho find it strange that she was delayed in her sanity, when I was 12 I knew that was wrong and immoral before I started to attend to classes at the mosque. 

I guess she was at the exploring phase this were the mosque when at this would address all sexual stuff or even at school although the school is rubbish at it.  I remember the mosque I went to was  teaching us about all sexual stuff and what’s haram and etc many of us were at puberty even I at 12. 

The sin is not a major sin but a minor since it didn’t go to extent of penetration. So I would guess most likely Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has forgiven her since she is repentant and Allah is the most Merciful and He has has written that upon Himself as the Quran states.