Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaofAli12

Advice regarding marriage

Rate this topic

Salams,

Let us say that someone newlywed comes to you for advice with regards to marriage. Like what should they do for their spouse,  what to do on a regular basis etc. all that stuff. Like any advice for a successful marriage.

Thank You.

Walaikum as salam

I would say keep it simple. Be patient and accepting of each other. Keep in mind that your common objective is to get close to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Try to do your daily activities together if possible, including house chores. 

Make sure you help each other to pray on time. Take some time out each day to recite the Qur'an and to learn about the religion. 

Try and engage in some sports or exercise together. If you don't want to do anything intensive, even going for a daily walk is helpful. 

Finally make sure you give your spouse some time to reconnect with her friends and family. You can use this time to do the same on your side. 

Edited by Mahdavist

On 6/30/2020 at 9:42 AM, ShiaofAli12 said:

Salams,

Let us say that someone newlywed comes to you for advice with regards to marriage. Like what should they do for their spouse,  what to do on a regular basis etc. all that stuff. Like any advice for a successful marriage.

Thank You.

Tell the guy that she's always right.

I have a funny analogy I use for marriage: it's like the Cold War, but in a good way

Each party has a vast army with nuclear weapons, and they can end the whole world if they are challenged

so the husband and wife must view each other as great allies, but also as individuals who could destroy the whole world

so thinking about this analogy, we can say

1. You must always treat your spouse with supreme respect 

2. You must realize that cooperation and a common objective is key to success, not only of your marriage, but the world

3. Both of you you must find Allah and pray, or the chances of those terrible weapons being used increases dramatically

Here's what I will do for my wife.

I respect and cherish her in front of family and recommend kids to do so. Whenever she comes to talk to me, I turn off tv or stop reading my book to address her. Etc.

Do whatever you can to keep her and kids happy. Pious kids come out of a house with religiousness and love generally.

Try to be role model for kids, both parents, and do your best to avoid sin and negative thoughts in their minds especially nowadays with all sorts of Fisad and wrong videos etc.