Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammadi_follower

Iraqi authorities had arrested shia groups which attacked american embassy

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis(رضي الله عنه) was a national hero to Iraq, the same man that the kafirs in your country murdered and whose money you seem to like more than your integrity. Otherwise you would want them gone, so dont speak of national heros as if you care about them.

I do want them gone, what a foolish accusation. It is your camp that invited them in the first place, now you want them out. Pick and choose.

54 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

If you truly believe that the US regime has partners then I would urge you to study how it treats its "partners" look at recent events with Germany for example. The US does not have partners, only slaves who will be punished if they disobey. I would urge you to think things thru though I think your too stubborn to change you mind about things before the consequences of being wrong is imminent at which point your change of mind will be futile.

I don't think you understand quite well, a partner is different from an ally. I certainly want Iraq to have positive trade relations with every country in the globe, that is an example of economic partnership. Your own beloved Government of Iran has become a beggar regime, taking money from the "kafir" governments of the UK, France and Germany in the form of "aid" and also begging the IMF to give them a  $5 billion loan despite calling it an "imperialist tool". It is all rhetoric at the end of the day. 

Also, may I ask why it is okay to "partner" with the kafir atheist communist regime of China that oppresses Muslims and the kafir oppressive regime of Putin in Russia that scorched Chechnya to the ground, but not the US? I thought Khomeini said "no Eastern nor Western"? lol its all rhetoric

What about Iran's ongoing partnership with the openly terrorist supporting regimes of Qatar and Turkey? And tge partnerships with the corrupt nasibis in Gaza? Your argument is laughable. 

58 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

It seems like you would rahter have your country to live of the sadaqah of kafirs instead of the rizq of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) which is what you receive when you live by haqq, If that is the case then please dont speak ill of those who do wrong for the sake of money ever again. The US will NEVER leave Iraq without force, mark my words.

They left before without force, and whether they do or not is the job of the Iraqi Government, once again, not militias. As for the sadaqah of the kuffar, once again refer to your beggar regime which is begging the EU for a little side cash and the IMF for a tiny little loan. How pathetic.

1 hour ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

You put such levels of faith in your government, it is really amazing to me, as if the governments of Iraq did not have a track record of corruption.

Actually they are all corrupt, and one of the reasons is because of Iran's hands in the Government. But this is the fact: following the Government is obligatory. Weapons being in the hands of the State is obligatory. Following the commander-in-chief is obligatory. As you rant about secularism, I am giving you the literal fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani on the issue of obedience to the authorities on military matters.

If you believe the US government came to iraq in 2014 to help against daesh, then daesh is gone, so what are they still doing in Iraq other than assassinations? Giving out saddaqah to people willing to be their slaves?

Actually coalition airstrikes are still ongoing, but I do agree the US presence is largely because of the American attempts to harm Iran. This is why I want them out, because this is their beef with Iran that Iraq has nothing to do with. Play somewhere else but not on our lands. US troops and the militias should go away at the same time.

Anyone who accepts the wilayah of amirul mumineen(عليه السلام) is my countryman.

There are alot of shias in the land of Iraq as well as some of our Imams, as long as that is the case, I will worry and care for the area of which they live in and there is nothing you can do about that.

It seems to me that over the course of discussing this as well as other similar topics with you, it has become more and more evident that your a secular nationalist and this is a great shame. A muslim should always identify as a muslim first and foremost and as such act in accordance with what is best for Islam which is not always the same as what is best for your wallet and we should strive to establish amr bil maroof wa nahi anil munkar as the state laws, not the secular laws of men but the laws of God. Otherwise we have insulted God and made fun out of our religion.

Lol, and this is the biggest joke of all. Somehow Iran has duped people into thinking it is a country for "all Shi'a", in fact it is one of the most nationalist countries in the world. The way non-citzens are treated in comparison to citzens is a joke, and so when you say every Shi'i is your countryman you are lying to yourself. Iran is just another country that believes in national identity, and that's okay, every country is run that way. But don't act like it is different. Once again, this is just rhetoric.

I am not secular at all in fact I do believe in establishing Islamic Law in Iraq, if the population agrees to it. However I am a nationalist in that I want my nation to think for itself and not let the Iranians or the Americans think for it. You are confusing religion with wilayat al-faqih. I don't want Iraq to be second to Iran and to follow Iran. All I want is an independent country that looks for the interests of its people first and foremost, that's it.

The rest of your comment is again, rhetoric.

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

Iraq protested the action of the Americans and the Americans have handed over most of their bases to the Iraqi Government. 

What the parliament did was a show of opinion that it is time US troops leave, and this led to the current negotiations between the US and Iraq on the terms of leaving, the date, and how the draw down of US troops will happen.

Again, this is the job of Government, not the job of Haji Superman from Basra who wants to be a hero for Iran.

I would look to be a "Haji superman from basra" if I think that American troops will probably never leave your country without force? 

56 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

I am not secular at all in fact I do believe in establishing Islamic Law in Iraq, if the population agrees to it. However I am a nationalist in that I want my nation to think for itself and not let the Iranians or the Americans think for it. You are confusing religion with wilayat al-faqih. I don't want Iraq to be second to Iran and to follow Iran. All I want is an independent country that looks for the interests of its people first and foremost, that's it.

We already discussed all the other points you make so it would be a lose of time to talk about it again so I just want to ask you something about these particular point. How following Islamic law otherwise than we WF? How to do that with so many sunnis?  

But about China and Russia I would just say that contrary to USA they stay in their country. Even if like I said I have doubts about narratives we hear about uyghurs persecution and I think chechen issue is a bite more complicated than what we could think actually. 

Edited by Mohammadi_follower

Guest Sunshine
12 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

@Sumerian @Abu Nur I don't really went to debate with you about this because I know your opinions but I just want to understand something.

You support this action because of the sovereignty of Iraq. Fine. 

But then why you don't do the same with American forces? 

Iraqi parliament said American forces must go but Americans just refused to do that which make them in some way a foreign army occupying Iraq. 

So pmu attacked them because of what they did to Soleimani in Iraq and because they refused to leave Iraq. 

So just for understand if you are so much about Iraqi sovereignty why the Iraqi government do something against pmu but nothing against American forces? 

Thanks for your answers. 

Its not up to PMU to declare war against United state even if they killed their man. PMU is part of Iraqi army division and only government have right to control it but because we are in Iraq nobody give a damn about constitutions or law. We are still in  same old Wild west system where powerful minorities controls the country illegally. They always find way to corruption.

Guest Sunshine
4 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I would look to be a "Haji superman from basra" if I think that American troops will probably never leave your country without force? 

Its up to Iraqi government to declare war against Usa not Haji superman from Basra. You are violating Iraqi constitution and peoples right. If you want declare war against America you need have majority of seats in parliament which means you need have millions of  Iraqi votes and support. The thing you are suggesting is a terrorism  which are serious threat against Iraqi population. 

5 hours ago, Sumerian said:

You said it yourself, that you do not want them out if it will hurt the economy of Iraq, at the same time you wish to maintain partnership with the US regime, as in trade relationships. Please do the math yourself.

If Iraq becomes anchored in the position of being dependent on the US for money, then by your logic you will never want the US out of Iraq because at any point that Iraq would want to throw them out of their country, they will without a doubt suffer financially as the US will hold the "trade partnership" against them like a gun. This is how the US works, they don't do partnerships. Study how it acts towards not only its "allies" but towards its "partners" as well there are several examples from today and even more from the past.

I have to say I am a bit disspointed with your response, instead of actually adressing what I said, your reply was: what about Iran?!

I never mentioned Iran, this is not a thread about Iran, I am not the Iranian government nor am I a representative of the Iranian government. In fact the current government has done several things I do not personally agree with, namely the nuclear deal but perhaps now even the more liberal people in Iran understands that dealing with the slaves of the master when the master is reluctant is a waste of time and a futile effort.

Furthermore, it is beyond my comprehenssion how you cannot see the difference between using an enemy of my enemy in order to weaken both vs being occupied by the armed forces of the enemy. Please put your pride aside for a moment and think about what you are saying.

I can assure you that if seyyed Khamenei wished for money and power then surely the nation would have allied themselves with those who control money with their banking systems and power with their slaves instead of fighting them.

Having a state under the laws of God who abides by the will of God, which does not include submission towards invading kafirs, has nothing do to with the concept of WF. 

This is you and this is me and this our deen, stop thinking in terms of nations, even if it might be difficult for a nationalist to do so, I dont think you will ever understand what I am saying until you do and so you must witness it on a day when you are not resurrected as an Iraqi.

6 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Well then you are going against the fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani which says heavy weapons must be handed to the State.

2 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

You said it yourself, that you do not want them out if it will hurt the economy of Iraq, at the same time you wish to maintain partnership with the US regime, as in trade relationships. Please do the math yourself.

No I didn't, I said I want a drawdown of US troops in a way that both sides can be on good terms with. I want a diplomatic solution, not a military one. The militias are unfortunately trigger happy.

Already the dialogue between the US and Iraq has affirmed the eventual withdrawal of US forces from Iraq:

"The United States reiterated that it does not seek nor request permanent bases or a permanent military presence in Iraq," the statement said, adding that the Iraqi government in turn committed to protect the international coalition forces and their bases in the country.

And in case you thought this was "all talk", US troops have already handed over most of their bases to Iraqi troops, and are only pretty much stationed in their two main bases and in Baghdad Airport.

Please read the news before you open your mouth.

Finally, why do you continue to ignore Sayyed Al-Sistani's statements rejecting heavy weaponry outside the State?

The America hatred on this forum is getting very old.

I'll criticize my country moreso than probably anyone on here, but the militant hatred of America has got to stop. I don't get on here and just slam whatever countries users on this site are from at every given opportunity, so afford the Americans on here the same respect. People like me & @shia farm girl live here, and all we want is the ability to live our lives, go to work, and not have our friends and family overseas killing for the benefit of people like Hillary Clinton & George Soros. Don't you think that if we had the ability to stop these stupid and pointless "wars" that we would?

Our government and the military apparatus don't answer to us, they answer to the elites and they are pretty open about how they don't care what our opinions are and have been since many of us first took to the streets in opposition to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, so try pulling your heads out of your rear-ends and giving us a break. Working class Americans aren't bad people and you aren't making the world or the ummah any better by constantly virtue signaling how pious and intensely "muslim" you are with your outrage over America's intrusion into "Islamic nations".

Grow up

Edited by Abdul-Hadi

Personally I think the arrest of some militant thugs was long overdue.

The ongoing rocket attacks that are continually carried out against the will of the Iraqi government, demonstrate a lack of respect for the Iraqi governments authority over the situation. 

6 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Please read the news before you open your mouth.

I do read the news and even more than that, I also read history.

Thats how I know that what they say is not necessarily what they intend to do, especially now with the tensions in the middle east which is a different scenario than they have faced before.

And them handing back scattered bases and gathering at fewer bases is not a sign of withdrawal to me, rather it's a sign that they are solidating their more permanent presence, as you can see they are bringing in patriot systems most likely to protect themselves as they keep assassinating Hashd and people who do not want them there and to my understanding they will be using Iraq like most of the countries surrounding the Persian Gulf, they will have military bases and military forces there for the foreseeable future and they will use your land in whatever way they seem fit when it's deemed necessary. Of course they will give some nice money to khadimi and company to stay as well.

You believe they will leave, I believe they will not unless forced to.

What will you do if you are wrong and they refuse to leave and khadimi accepts this because he likes dollars? Will you accept it just because someone who you have described as "they are all corrupt" accepts it?

5 hours ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

The America hatred on this forum is getting very old.

I'll criticize my country moreso than probably anyone on here, but the militant hatred of America has got to stop. I don't get on here and just slam whatever countries users on this site are from at every given opportunity, so afford the Americans on here the same respect. People like me & @shia farm girl live here, and all we want is the ability to live our lives, go to work, and not have our friends and family overseas killing for the benefit of people like Hillary Clinton & George Soros. Don't you think that if we had the ability to stop these stupid and pointless "wars" that we would?

Our government and the military apparatus don't answer to us, they answer to the elites and they are pretty open about how they don't care what our opinions are and have been since many of us first took to the streets in opposition to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, so try pulling your heads out of your rear-ends and giving us a break. Working class Americans aren't bad people and you aren't making the world or the ummah any better by constantly virtue signaling how pious and intensely "muslim" you are with your outrage over America's intrusion into "Islamic nations".

Grow up

There is a difference between criticizing the government, military and foreign policy of a country vs criticizing its people.

Everyone knows that the elite rule america and that they in turn are ruled by israeli lobbies so nobody is blaming the normal people living in america just like everywhere else.

Unless you feel like your american identity is dependant to trump and company(the current regime of the US) then I see no reason for you to feel insulted when they and their policies are criticized. The american people living their everyday life is no different from people living their everyday life anywhere else on earth.

Najaf Friday Prayer Leader:‎

Arrest of Popular Mobilization forces dangerous, unacceptable act

In his Friday prayer sermon delivered to a large and fervent crowd of believers in the ‎‎Iraqi city of Najaf’s Fatimah al-Kubra ‎Husayniyah, Hujjat al-Islam Sayyid Sadruddin al-‎‎Qubanchi condemned the mass arrests of officials of the Popular Mobilization Forces by ‎American terrorists and the Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Service and described the move as ‎‎“dangerous and unacceptable.”‎

On the 22nd anniversary of the martyrdom of Allamah Sayyid Muhammad-Sadiq al-Sadr, the ‎Iraqi Shi’ah scholar said, “The martyrdom of Allamah al-Sadr has many messages such as the ‎active presence of religious scholars in the political and cultural fields, the clear enmity of the ‎Ba’athist regime toward the scholars and the Iraqi people’s connection and acceptance of ‎wilayah (guardianship) of the religious leaders and scholars.”‎

Hujjat al-Islam al-‎Qubanchi added, “The arrest of nineteen officials and members of the ‎Popular Mobilization Forces by the Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Service is unprecedented. The ‎duty of this organization is to fight Takfiri terrorism and the hidden nuclei of the Daesh group ‎and isn’t to attack our children in the Popular Mobilization Forces.”‎

His Eminence noted that the government must address the people’s problems, solve the ‎economic crisis and fight the Coronavirus and added, “Government officials know that the ‎Popular Mobilization Forces have waited but will not sell out the homeland.”‎

https://en.abna24.com/news//arrest-of-popular-mobilization-forces-dangerous-unacceptable-act_1050826.html

Tehran, Baghdad need to boost security, peace: Iran's Interior Minister

The Iranian top diplomat expressed the hope that at the upcoming meeting the two sides would ink the security MoU that had been prepared.

He underlined that the two states can cooperate to fight against terrorism, organized crime, and drug trafficking.

He further noted that the police of the countries can collaborate to maintain security of borders.

The Iraqi Minister of Interior, Othman Al-Ghanimi, for his part, said that two states can cooperate in the areas of security, political and economic health.

https://en.abna24.com/news//tehran-baghdad-need-to-boost-security-peace-irans-interior-minister_1050789.html

11 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

Its up to Iraqi government to declare war against Usa not Haji superman from Basra. You are violating Iraqi constitution and peoples right. If you want declare war against America you need have majority of seats in parliament which means you need have millions of  Iraqi votes and support. The thing you are suggesting is a terrorism  which are serious threat against Iraqi population. 

I thought you considered Iraq government as corrupts? As for terrorism I didn't want to advocate that just resistance against those you attacked first. 

Edited by Mohammadi_follower

Guest Sunshine
2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Najaf Friday Prayer Leader:‎

Arrest of Popular Mobilization forces dangerous, unacceptable act

Hujjat al-Islam al-‎Qubanchi added, “The arrest of nineteen officials and members of the ‎Popular Mobilization Forces by the Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Service is unprecedented. The ‎duty of this organization is to fight Takfiri terrorism and the hidden nuclei of the Daesh group ‎and isn’t to attack our children in the Popular Mobilization Forces.”‎

https://en.abna24.com/news//arrest-of-popular-mobilization-forces-dangerous-unacceptable-act_1050826.html

These people dont get it. If they dont follow state order. Anyone in Iraq can easily declare resistance against anything. This means Isis are as legitimate as Qaiz ali or any other militants that are attacking country without state order.  What you think happen when they start to kill Iraqi forces? Yeah escalation. Civil war. Just because you are Shia this does not make it any acceptable. It does not matter if they defended Iraq. This does not  give you any special power.

Guest Sunshine
2 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I thought you considered Iraq government as corrupts? As for terrorism I didn't want to advocate that just resistance against those you attacked first. 

Parliament and government is little bit different concept in Iraq. Government changes depends of PM. If you put puppet PM in government they will just do what Parliament say so. Independent Pm does not follow their order. They create their own plans and actions but they need  Parliament approval if they want create new law which is why Iraq had problem to reform for over 20 years. The parliament is cause of all Iraqi current problems. None of them have ever accepted Anti corrupt or economical reforms. None of their puppet PM have ever suggest any real  good reforms. Kadimi is only PM  that has actually followed the law which is why this Hesbollah riding is unusual and special event. Remember when Abadi tried to fight against corruption? Thats because parliament refused approve it. Sadr forces entering green zone after Abadi failing fight corruption was nothing but cheap  election campaign. These same political parties always use Anti corruption slogan but they are itself pure corrupt. 

Guest Sunshine
4 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Keep in mind that it is members of Hashd al Shaabi (the guys who saved Iraq from daesh) that you are calling thugs here.

It was Iraqi force, Coalition force, Peshmarge and PMU.  PMU did not save Iraqi from Daesh alone. Basically all Iraqis saved Iraq from Daesh but somehow PMU deserve all Praise and power in Iraq. They can suddenly do anything they want without anyone holding them accountable.  It was also created same people that destroyed Iraqi army in first place. I will not give any of my support  or respect for militants that are treating&killing  everyone that are slightly against them. For me they are as bad as any powerful dictator. 

5 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I do read the news and even more than that, I also read history.

Thats how I know that what they say is not necessarily what they intend to do, especially now with the tensions in the middle east which is a different scenario than they have faced before.

And them handing back scattered bases and gathering at fewer bases is not a sign of withdrawal to me, rather it's a sign that they are solidating their more permanent presence, as you can see they are bringing in patriot systems most likely to protect themselves as they keep assassinating Hashd and people who do not want them there and to my understanding they will be using Iraq like most of the countries surrounding the Persian Gulf, they will have military bases and military forces there for the foreseeable future and they will use your land in whatever way they seem fit when it's deemed necessary. Of course they will give some nice money to khadimi and company to stay as well.

You believe they will leave, I believe they will not unless forced to.

What will you do if you are wrong and they refuse to leave and khadimi accepts this because he likes dollars? Will you accept it just because someone who you have described as "they are all corrupt" accepts it?

I've read history too. And I do remember US troops leaving Iraq in 2012 only to be begged back to return by the pro-Iranian Maliki government. So yes, America does leave, and has left, via negotiation.

The US presence in Iraq does not pose an ounce of a threat to Iran, it is literally a couple thousand advisors, trainers and some US troops that conduct support missions with the Iraqi Security Forces, don't worry they won't be invading Tehran. In fact, the attack on Soleimani and Al-Muhandis came from Qatar, and the assassinations could have happened even if the US presence in Iraq was zero. It was a drone attack bruv.

Furthermore, Patriot systems do nothing to antagonise Iran or anyone, they aren't offensive missile systems, although I disagree with their presence, and believe Iraq should continue to press the US to let it go. 

This is my thing and you have not responded yet, you just keep ranting about America and you forget one thing.

Whose job is it to take care of the US presence in Iraq, Al-Kadhimi or a group of militias? Who must be in control of all military operations in Iraq, Al-Kadhimi or the militias? Who is the one who must control heavy weaponry, Al-Kadhimi or the militias? Please answer these and remember Sayyed Al-Sistani's fatwas (your marja I suppose) in mind. Otherwise discussion is futile.

I understand better the point of view of Iraqis. After all you are not anti Iran you just want to be independant and not being influenced by others. Which I really understand. But you really think American troops will leave even if Iraqi government insist them to do that? 

Guest Sunshine
3 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

I understand better the point of view of Iraqis. After all you are not anti Iran you just want to be independant and not being influenced by others. Which I really understand. But you really think American troops will leave even if Iraqi government insist them to do that? 

I respect that you try to understand.  We dont know yet  but America has been willing to take their troops from Iraq because it seems they dont want thing to escalate and its not good for both Iraq and America. If Trump is gone in next election it is more possible that America will take their troops in some captivity. I just hope that we are capable of defending our own nation against Isis because our country are very corrupt and we usually have very incompetence people in highest position.  For example  Fadel does  not  have any security related history in his   CV. . Somehow he was appointed as  National Security  council advisor of  and Chairman of PMU.

As I mentioned before, the situation in the middle east is not the same today as it was in 2012, since last time they left to now a shia alliance was created and a land bridge from Iran to Lebanon was established, posing direct threat to the regime of israel. Trust me they will not let any alliance posing a threat to their boss israel be left in peace and so they will not leave, and even if Iran was not a country on earth, as long as Iraq has resources, they will not leave it alone until it is as dead on resources as some of the african countries that they could not care less about.

Let me remind you of who your dealing with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otP-AxlKKTE

"President Erdogan wants to come to the White House. We have a very good relationship. The cease-fire is held very nicely. We've kept the oil. We stayed back and kept the oil. Other people can patrol the border of Syria, frankly, and Turkey let them. They've been fighting for a thousand years. Let them do the border. We don't want to do that. We want to bring our soldiers home. But we did leave soldiers just because we're keeping the oil. I like oil, we're keeping the oil and we're working with the Kurds and we're frankly working with Turkey and we're working with a lot of countries," Trump said.

If the government of a country is corrupt, and we have both agreed that the iraqi one is, then it cannot be trusted to act correctly. If the government was not corrupt, I would agree with you and as far as I can tell what seyyed is saying has a precondition of the government not being corrupt. Or would you say submission towards corruption is something he would recommend? Seyyed could also call for the disbandment of Hashd al Shaabi just like he called for its creation, but he has not.

The governments of Iraq have failed in so many ways, so many times, I do not see why you would think it would be different now. When they failed at its worst, by not even defending the citizen that they govern, it was the Hashd who saved them, keep that in mind, who is more credential to look after the people?

Edited by Soldiers and Saffron

18 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Whose job is it to take care of the US presence in Iraq, Al-Kadhimi or a group of militias? Who must be in control of all military operations in Iraq, Al-Kadhimi or the militias? Who is the one who must control heavy weaponry, Al-Kadhimi or the militias?

Salam from recent activities it seems that Al-Kadimi wants to replace Turkey instead of America & Hashd al Shabi for oil trade with Turkey so he used recent attacks to green zone for get rid of Hashd Shabi as Turkey is taking land from north of Iraq in name of fighting with PKK also there is tension between Iraqis & Turkey in Basra for oil resources but as usual Iran & Hashd Shabi are bad guys .

https://apnews.com/4dd4686c4c62e3bd978cc34901ca87a4

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) said on Wednesday that Turkish and Iranian military interventions violated Iraqi sovereignty. The UAE and Turkey in opposition on several fronts, including in Libya where they back rival sides.

Turkey’s ambassador to Baghdad, Fatih Yildiz, said on Twitter on Tuesday that he had been summoned by the Iraqi foreign ministry over the Turkish operation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-iraq/turkey-plans-more-military-bases-in-north-iraq-after-offensive-official-idUSKBN23P12U

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/06/17/world/europe/ap-eu-turkey-iraq-2nd-ld-writethru.html

https://nation.com.pk/19-Jun-2020/turkey-in-north-iraq

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/17/turkey-launches-major-attack-on-kurdish-militants-in-iraq

"Turkey's armed forces hit separate targets simultaneously this time, the logistics lines run through this area. According to Turkey's defence ministry, some of the strikes were called off at the last minute over concerns of civilian casualties," she said.

Iraq's military denounced the attacks.

"We deplore the penetration of Iraqi airspace by the Turkish planes which - at a depth of 193km from the Turkish border inside the Iraqi airspace - targeted a refugee camp near Makhmour and Sinjar," the Joint Operations Command said in a statement.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/turkish-fighter-jets-attack-pkk-sites-northern-iraq-200615010815936.html

https://www.crisisgroup.org/middle-east-north-africa/gulf-and-arabian-peninsula/iraq/turkey-and-iraqi-kurds-conflict-or-cooperation

At least 4,000 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square in central Baghdad on Saturday, and several thousand more in the oil city of Basra in the south, including Shi’ite militia members who held up banners reading “Death to Turkey. Death to Erdogan”.

“We consider any military presence on Iraqi land as foreign aggression which we should stand against using all possible means,” Hadi al-Amiri, a Shi’ite lawmaker who heads the powerful armed Badr Organisation, told protesters in Baghdad.

The rallies were organized and led by Shi’ite militia groups, which have threatened to use force against Turkey unless it withdraws.

Pointing his pistol towards an image of Erdogan, Amjad Salim, a local commander in the Badr Organisation in Basra, said: “We are on high alert now awaiting orders from our commanders to set fire to the ground beneath the feet of Turkish soldiers.”

In Baghdad, Reuters reporters saw angry protesters trample on the Turkish flag and hit a caricature of Erdogan with slippers in a mark of disrespect.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-turkey/thousands-of-iraqis-in-baghdad-basra-protest-turkish-deployment-in-north-idUSKBN0TV0JB20151212

Iraq is targeting Turkey as one of a possible export route alternatives for oil transportation from the oil-rich Basra region that has seen its exports hamper due to protests in the country, Advisor to Iraqi Oil Minister Falah Alamri Jassim told Anadolu Agency on Monday.

Iraq is calling on Turkish investors to extend pipeline projects from Basra to Ceyhan, and to rehabilitate strategic pipelines, to develop the oil-rich city of Basra, Jassim said.

Iraq places special emphasis on energy corridors with Turkey in its search for alternative export routes, Alamri said.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/energy/oil/iraq-views-turkey-as-alternative-for-basra-oil-exports-/27338

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Why are the PMUs and allies so passive in the face of these attacks? Why do the commanders of the PMUs et al. let the U.S. and other proxies continue activities in Iraq? Theoretically, couldn’t the commanders of the PMUs et al. simply take matters into their own hands and act unilaterally and independently of the Iraqi government? If the commanders of the PMUs are waiting for the Iraqi government and/or Mr. Rouhani’s regime to give approval for anti-U.S. operations, they will never get it and the U.S. and its proxies will continue strengthening their presence in Iraq. From a national-security standpoint, the Iraqi government and the reformist-dominated Iranian government are ineffectual and corrupt, so the popular, armed militias must take matters into their own hands and carry out anti-U.S. attacks regardless of whether the Iraqi and Iranian authorities approve of them. I am speaking as a naturalised American citizen. If someone came into my house/country and took advantage of weakness to establish foreign occupation, I would form an alliance with independent actors to expel him on grounds of my government’s corruption and ineffectuality. I am neither for nor against the PMUs and allies, but I do support their right—and anyone else’s right, including Americans’—right to act in self-defence against foreign occupiers. In this case the occupiers happen to be Americans, but I am not for or against Iran, merely principled on matters of self-defence.

Edited by Northwest

Guest Sunshine
5 hours ago, Northwest said:

Why are the PMUs and allies so passive in the face of these attacks? Why do the commanders of the PMUs et al. let the U.S. and other proxies continue activities in Iraq? Theoretically, couldn’t the commanders of the PMUs et al. simply take matters into their own hands and act unilaterally and independently of the Iraqi government? If the commanders of the PMUs are waiting for the Iraqi government and/or Mr. Rouhani’s regime to give approval for anti-U.S. operations, they will never get it and the U.S. and its proxies will continue strengthening their presence in Iraq. From a national-security standpoint, the Iraqi government and the reformist-dominated Iranian government are ineffectual and corrupt, so the popular, armed militias must take matters into their own hands and carry out anti-U.S. attacks regardless of whether the Iraqi and Iranian authorities approve of them. I am speaking as a naturalised American citizen. If someone came into my house/country and took advantage of weakness to establish foreign occupation, I would form an alliance with independent actors to expel him on grounds of my government’s corruption and ineffectuality. I am neither for nor against the PMUs and allies, but I do support their right—and anyone else’s right, including Americans’—right to act in self-defence against foreign occupiers. In this case the occupiers happen to be Americans, but I am not for or against Iran, merely principled on matters of self-defence.

Thats funny because the resistance militants are itself corrupt and very hated by majority of population. None of their  their leader  can go in street without someone treating to kill them or beating them down. Thats how much loved they are by population. Many have  tried to Assassinate Sadr many times. Thats why they are all hiding bunker and giving orders to their militants. If you want self defense your need ask from majority of population what they feel about Usa. You cannot just do actions without approval of people. Some Anti American protest   movement by elite party  is not opinions of all Iraqis.

Guest Sunshine

PMU is failed organisation. According to the Iraqi law they are supposed be part of Iraqi army and PM is commander of chief but somehow militants group  like Katabhisbollah can choose who will lead PMU and they have full control of General Security Directorate. What they can do is literally destroy any evidence against violation of human rights  or other  law abuses. Its also absolutely bonkers that these same members can freely treating commander of chiefs which is alone violating of law according to Iraqi constitutions. This literally means they are not loyal to Iraqi state. They are literally militants group that have Coup d'état one part of Iraqi army force. None of  Katab Hisbollah members are part of the government and none of them have been voted by the people but some reason they control almost whole PMU. 

Releasing 13 arrested from Shia group of PMU 

799bad5a3b514f096e69bbc4a7896cd9_432.jpg  156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_828.jpg  f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_614.jpg d0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef_534.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-غربی-و-خاورمیانه/آزادی-۱۳-عضو-بازداشت-شده-مقر-۴۵-حشد-شعبی_771872.html

Head of Iraq’s Shia Waqf Office appointed

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Haider Hassan al-Shimri was named the new head of Iraq’s Shia Waqf (endowment) Office.

The office of Prime Minister Mustafa Mustafa Al-Kadhimi said in a statement and al-Shimri has replaced Ghani al-Khaqani, the Baghdad Post reported.

After the dissolution of the Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs in former Baath rule, the Iraqi Governing Council created the Sunni Endowment Office in 2003, separating from it the religious endowments of Shias and non-Islamic religions.

The Shia Waqf Office’s function is the administration of the mosques and other endowments of Shias in Iraq.

https://en.abna24.com/news//head-of-iraq’s-shia-waqf-office-appointed_1051465.html

On 6/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, Guest Sunshine said:

Thats funny because the resistance militants are itself corrupt and very hated by majority of population. None of their  their leader  can go in street without someone treating to kill them or beating them down. Thats how much loved they are by population. Many have  tried to Assassinate Sadr many times. Thats why they are all hiding bunker and giving orders to their militants. If you want self defense your need ask from majority of population what they feel about Usa. You cannot just do actions without approval of people. Some Anti American protest   movement by elite party  is not opinions of all Iraqis.

You are not the official representative of the Iraqi people, so please avoid speaking as if your speaking on behalf of the entire population.

And it's interesting to see you ascribing the "peaceful protests" such traits as assaulting people of different opinions and treating to kill them. So which one is it, are they peaceful protestors or violent people?

Why don't you ask this child who they peacefully lynched?

Sure there are also those who are not violent among them likewise you will find the worst of scum among them who is ready to whatever, especially for the promise of a green card.

Edited by Abu Nur

18 hours ago, Guest Sunshine said:

Without denying anything of what you said do you have polls saying how much % Iraqis are for/against pmu and how much % are for/against protestors? 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

You are not the official representative of the Iraqi people, so please avoid speaking as if your speaking on behalf of the entire population.

And it's interesting to see you ascribing the "peaceful protests" such traits as assaulting people of different opinions and treating to kill them. So which one is it, are they peaceful protestors or violent people?

Sure there are also those who are not violent among them likewise you will find the worst of scum among them who is ready to whatever, especially for the promise of a green card.

We often talk about people killed by officials and pmu but that would be also interesting to see how many people had been killed by protestors. 

Edited by Abu Nur

On 6/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

As I mentioned before, the situation in the middle east is not the same today as it was in 2012, since last time they left to now a shia alliance was created and a land bridge from Iran to Lebanon was established, posing direct threat to the regime of israel. Trust me they will not let any alliance posing a threat to their boss israel be left in peace and so they will not leave, and even if Iran was not a country on earth, as long as Iraq has resources, they will not leave it alone until it is as dead on resources as some of the african countries that they could not care less about.

And what if Iraqis as a people could care less about this "land bridge"? What if Iraqis would rather a functioning state that is functional and prioritises its own citzens and their wellbeing than being part of any alliance? Have the Iraqi people been given a choice on whether they want to be part of this alliance or is it being imposed on them by armed militias on foreign payroll?

On 6/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

If the government of a country is corrupt, and we have both agreed that the iraqi one is, then it cannot be trusted to act correctly. If the government was not corrupt, I would agree with you and as far as I can tell what seyyed is saying has a precondition of the government not being corrupt. Or would you say submission towards corruption is something he would recommend? Seyyed could also call for the disbandment of Hashd al Shaabi just like he called for its creation, but he has not.

The governments of Iraq have failed in so many ways, so many times, I do not see why you would think it would be different now. When they failed at its worst, by not even defending the citizen that they govern, it was the Hashd who saved them, keep that in mind, who is more credential to look after the people?

This is qiyas. A government being corrupt does not mean obeying its orders isn't an obligation, we all live in what Islamically are corrupt nations but we are still obliged to follow their laws based on our contractual obligations as citzens. Likewise, Sayyed Al-Sistani has always said that following the Iraqi State is wajib and never has he said this only applies if we have a uncorrupt government.

Submission towards civil law is something natural whether the government is corrupt or not, it's the same reason why you follow the speed limit and other traffic laws. This is the exact same thing bruv. Follow the government, that's all I say to these militias.

And finally on a personal answer, the most person I trust in Iraq is our hero Al-Saa'edi, may Allah give him a long life.

Guest Sunshine
On 6/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Yes Im talking about behalf of the entire population. The big amount of population does not want live in poverty. They dont want live  in society that does not give them  basic rights. They dont want life in society that have dysfunction healthcare system. They dont want live in society with institutions that  are filled with high corruption. They dont want live in society that does not have rule of law and corrupt judiciary.  Population dont want live in such country that does not  have sovereignty. Population  dont  want live in county where minority militants group loyal to another state controls it. If people show their frustration against these problem by protesting.. They are faced with 1000 death unarmed protesters.30.000 injures.Thousand of Kidnapping torturing spree.. At least this boy got justice unlike 1000 unarmed protester that was killed for no reason other than protesting for better country. How you can blame millions of people for death of one child that was murdered by couple of  criminals? That does not make any damn sense. We are not political party. We dont have an ideology.  This protest was long and very peaceful compared to American protest movement that are supported by Pro Iranians. . None of protester used arms... Only one civilian died in hands of some thugs who does not represent us. If you cannot see people frustration. Then you cannot understand current Iraq. The Pro Iranians are  so out of touch with Iraq that they think they are still some unstoppable force which nothing will could touch. Somehow we need reward these political parties because their supporter fought against Isis but regular Iraqis where  sleeping in bed.

Edited by Abu Nur

Guest Sunshine
15 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

We often talk about people killed by officials and pmu but that would be also interesting to see how many people had been killed by protestors. 

Only this boy was killed by couple of protester mostly because he had AK4 in roof top and he was treating them with it. This event happened after militants group started butcher 20 unarmed protester in middle of  night.