Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hadi5

Why most of shiachat members are inactive

Rate this topic

I have noticed that most members of shiachat are not actively talking part in discussion.

I feel patrons and moderators of shiachat should take note of it.

And they should make discussion fruitful and goal oriented so that everyone will remain interested in it.

One more thing there might be some mechanism which help in reaching the conclusion or logical end of discussion.

So that any quuestion should have some meaningful conclusion based authentic and unbiased standards.

9 hours ago, Hadi5 said:

I feel patrons and moderators of shiachat should take note of it.

Noted. We will start issuing warnings to all those silent lurkers. :itsok:

12 hours ago, Hadi5 said:

I have noticed that most members of shiachat are not actively talking part in discussion.

Salam. Think back to the time when you were absent from ShiaChat (October 19, 2019 through April 22, 2020). Were you busy with school, work, community projects, etc.? 

14 minutes ago, BowTie said:

then they began reviving the forum with muta topics and masturbation topics.

Clearly you haven't been here for long if you think those are new topics. In fact, back in "the good old days" when shiachat was very busy, about 3/4 topics were about the 3-Ms. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

Clearly you haven't been here for long if you think those are new topics. In fact, back in "the good old days" when shiachat was very busy, about 3/4 topics were about the 3-Ms. 

10 years ago? I disagree.

But Today when members get warnings for saying a “word” and topics get locked for no reason. And then mutaa and masturbation topics are out in the public. Yes either failed politics with the mods or bad marketing. 
Not to mention the hunger to be a mod did not exist before.

2 hours ago, BowTie said:

Not to mention the hunger to be a mod did not exist before.

Yes it did. At least it did back in 2006 or so. It seems less now. If you've been here for a while, I suspect you're looking at the past through nostalgia glasses. 

It was much wilder here before, it's definitely different now, but the things you claim are new problems have always been part of shiachat.

6 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam. Think back to the time when you were absent from ShiaChat (October 19, 2019 through April 22, 2020). Were you busy with school, work, community projects, etc.? 

My absence was because ,here were I live govt had blocked net and phones for 8 months.

So it was not possible .

Still I accept every one has personal life and work that might hinder there activity.

My point was that if there is any possibility to make discussion and  more interesting there should be made changes.

And there should be some mechanism which will answer and give best possible answer to complex questions.

6 hours ago, notme said:

Is it true that members get banned in this forum.

6 hours ago, BowTie said:

Because ShiaChat died. All members either got banned or left.

then they began reviving the forum with muta topics and masturbation topics.

Failed politics and bad marketing

I don't know why should shiachat ba member.

We should enough patient and considerate to listen all diagreeing views . But yes using abusive language language should be accepted.

4 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Yes but many topics, for example Can Imam Ali give life and death was ruined by mods while almost everything was related to authority of Imam.

No one likes his posts to get wasted for no reason. 

It is not necessary that everyone would like every Post.

32 minutes ago, Hadi5 said:

It is not necessary that everyone would like every Post.

really? then ask the mods to remove everything from the books as well and start following the sunnat of nasibis.

57 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Yes but many topics, for example Can Imam Ali give life and death was ruined by mods while almost everything was related to authority of Imam.

the things we wrote weren't even thier merits. they (عليه السلام) can rip apart the entire existence by just willing. people nowdays can't accept something about Masoomeen (عليه السلام) which shouldn't even be considered thier merits, i wonder what will Happen when salmaan (عليه السلام) will come back and reveal their real merits

see this

Hz Salman al Muhammadi (عليه السلام)) himself says,

“ If I reveal the very few attributes of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) which have been revealed to me, the people will call me insane and pray for the forgiveness of the one who will murder me.”

Edited by randomly curious

1 hour ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

That doesn't really apply to people who copy paste literally everything from one website and argue based on that. No research or even time goes into that, all those kinds of people do is find anything in Islamic literature that agrees with what they believe and present it as fact. It adds nothing meaningful to the conversation. 

In the past members have been sensored for just copy pasting, copy pasting non-stop. Especially in the format of a dialogue because as they aren't doing any work, they just post so much that you can't even deal with it in a meaningful way without doing all the work that that person was either too lazy or too ignorant to do.

On top of that, those kinds of people always tend to be rude and stupid, so there is very little point in even bothering with them.

21 hours ago, Hadi5 said:

So that any question should have some meaningful conclusion based authentic and unbiased standards.

You were doing pretty well, until you said that.

1 hour ago, randomly curious said:

really? then ask the mods to remove everything from the books as well and start following the sunnat of nasibis.

Every person has right too disagree which one believes is weak or inauthentic or out of context.

So someone's post will be deleted if other person disagrees

1 hour ago, Ali_Hussain said:

That doesn't really apply to people who copy paste literally everything from one website and argue based on that. No research or even time goes into that, all those kinds of people do is find anything in Islamic literature that agrees with what they believe and present it as fact. It adds nothing meaningful to the conversation. 

In the past members have been censored for just copy pasting, copy pasting non-stop. Especially in the format of a dialogue because as they aren't doing any work, they just post so much that you can't even deal with it in a meaningful way without doing all the work that that person was either too lazy or too ignorant to do.

On top of that, those kinds of people always tend to be rude and stupid, so there is very little point in even bothering with them.

I don’t disagree, but isn’t most of religion just a matter of copying, pasting, and repeating? After all, no one is expected to put things in his own words, lest he go astray or become a deviant (or deviate even further than he already has). People repeat holy Scripture and certain phraseology all the time. That in itself isn’t a bad thing per se. Besides, there is a lot of fluoride in the water these days that leads to mental illnesses such as autism as punishment for a person’s actions in the World of Particles prior to entering this world. A lot of people these days, including yours truly, simply lack the intellectual capacity to properly follow religion without resorting to wholesale plagiarism, because unless something is presented literally and in “fine print,” they will inevitably misunderstand just what is required of them.

16 minutes ago, Hadi5 said:

What was wrong in it

There are no 'authentic' and 'unbiased' standards - that everyone can agree on. Hence the debate and when the views are strongly held the rancour.

That doesn't really apply to people who copy paste literally everything from one website and argue based on that.

didn't shaykh sadooq, Allama majlisi, shaykh mufeed, shaykh kulayni and Hundreds of Muhaddiseen did the same i.e copy paste? or do you desire a religion full of opinions?

or do you wish i should start doing qias like your mujtahids? 

No research or even time goes into that, all those kinds of people do is find anything in Islamic literature that agrees with what they believe and present it as fact

because those are actually some"Facts

It adds nothing meaningful to the conversation. 

didn't i post verses from the Holy Qur'an along with the Hadeeths i presented?

if you got some guts, prove me wrong using Qur'an or Hadeeth

Especially in the format of a dialogue because as they aren't doing any work,

i think those were some islamic dialogues. tell me, what do you do when we debate against sunnis? do we present opinions or argue with Qur'an and Hadeeth? if you think vice versa, then you should probably agree with sunni beliefs.

It has been narrated from Ibn Marouf from Hammad Bin Isa from Raba’I from Fudhail 
who said that he heard

the Holy Imam Ja’far As Sadiq (عليه السلام) that:

‘Whatsoever that does not come out from this Household is void.’

BIHAR UL ANWAAR – VOL. 2 CHAPTER ON TAQLEED H32

so there is very little point in even bothering with them.

No doubt, this always Happens when you run out of references

7 hours ago, Hadi5 said:

Is it true that members get banned in this forum.

Yes, of course people have been banned. People have been getting banned since at least 2005 when I first joined. We have a set of rules. Every member should read and understand them. Repeated or flagrant rule violations result in many warnings and short-term suspensions before moderators are forced to resort to a permanent ban. Obviously we don't like to permanently ban people, but sometimes those people leave us no option. If we didn't have and enforce rules, shiachat would just be chat. 

Edited by notme

3 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

In the past members have been sensored for just copy pasting, copy pasting non-stop. Especially in the format of a dialogue because as they aren't doing any work, they just post so much that you can't even deal with it in a meaningful way without doing all the work that that person was either too lazy or too ignorant to do.

We all copy paste. Even your marjas copy paste.

No one obtains hadith by revelation. 

Everyone copy pastes each other.

But yes reading carefully and reading everyhting on topic under discussion is important and thatd why threads are opened. One can easily present his arguments and get counter arguments.

4 hours ago, randomly curious said:

didn't shaykh sadooq, Allama majlisi, shaykh mufeed, shaykh kulayni and Hundreds of Muhaddiseen did the same i.e copy paste? or do you desire a religion full of opinions?

or do you wish i should start doing qias like your mujtahids? 

because those are actually some"Facts

didn't i post verses from the Holy Qur'an along with the Hadeeths i presented?

if you got some guts, prove me wrong using Qur'an or Hadeeth

i think those were some islamic dialogues. tell me, what do you do when we debate against sunnis? do we present opinions or argue with Qur'an and Hadeeth? if you think vice versa, then you should probably agree with sunni beliefs.

It has been narrated from Ibn Marouf from Hammad Bin Isa from Raba’I from Fudhail 
who said that he heard

BIHAR UL ANWAAR – VOL. 2 CHAPTER ON TAQLEED H32

No doubt, this always Happens when you run out of references

Like I said, what would be the point?

If I showed linguistical problems in what you post, would you accept it?

If I showed the narrations were weak, would you accept it?

If I showed the opinions of commentators of the Qur'an of the verses in question, would you accept it?

If I showed narrations that say the opposite of what the narrations you post say, would you accept it?

The answer is obviously no, any time I have looked into anything that you post it has always fallen into one of the above categories. There is just no point me posting a link to the Arabic because this is an English language site, and to be honest, literally not a single person believes in the kind of madness you believe in, you are so far outside of the fold of the mainstream that there is no point replying, even the nasiba know that Shias don't believe in what you are pushing so it would be a complete waste of time.

42 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

If I showed linguistical problems in what you post, would you accept it?

doesn't matter

If I showed the narrations were weak, would you accept it?

go ahead mate, i am telling this scince the very first day.

If I showed the opinions of commentators of the Qur'an of the verses in question, would you accept it?

5 hours ago, randomly curious said:

If I showed narrations that say the opposite of what the narrations you post say, would you accept it?

aqeeda should be derived by keeping all the sahih Hadeeth in front.

lets say in the Holy Qur'an Allah azwj says eesaa (عليه السلام) created the bird. then Allah azwj also says, He is Ahsanal khaaliqeen. then Allah azwj also says He is the creator of all things.

in other verses Allah azwj says, He gives death, then Allah azwj also says Angel of death gives death.

Would you call this contradiction? (Nauzubillah)

Mawla (عليه السلام) also explained that Allah azwj is so elavated and magnificent to do this, it is inappropriate for Him to do these things. and Allah azwj refers  to thier acts as His acts.

and to be honest, literally not a single person believes in the kind of madness you believe in,

7 hours ago, randomly curious said:

Hz Salman al Muhammadi (عليه السلام)) himself says,

“ If I reveal the very few attributes of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) which have been revealed to me, the people will call me insane and pray for the forgiveness of the one who will murder me.”

readers, do you see this now?

even the nasiba know that Shias don't believe in what you are pushing so it would be a complete waste of time.

attach, combination of  Muqassir and ignorant before writing shia. so you exclude the real ones and include yourself 

you are so far outside of the fold of the mainstream that there is no point replying,

then why did you reply Here twice? instead of wasting your time Here, you Would've already replied if you would've Had some references to refute on that thread.

maybe we should upgrade shiachat. like more websites maybe instagram page? and trying to keep everyone motivated to keep the shia community alive. 

49 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

We have a Vets forum.

that is exactly what I mean i did not know about that.. we have to make shiachat more attractive and easy and making it more interesting.. 

-interesting topics 

-using social media to promote "shiachat"

-building a large network (maybe inviting some well known ullemah or seyeds who can make it more interestig)

to be honest in general forums aren't populair anymore but we can bring it back to live with maybe more colors, known seyeds which we can ask directly in a forum etc.. just making it more attractive to create a huge shia network trough this site..

Back in late March, l expected activity on S.C to pick-up with so many in lock-down.

SUGGESTION: Can the Mods/Admins send out re-invites to old members' email addresses, asking them to bring new topics and themes?

They deleted brothers and sisters and imam mahdi section, and replaced it with brother and sister and imam mahdi club. which barely anyone visits anymore.

That's why we are seeing topics about mutah, homosexuality and masturbation in the public section.

We are seeing replies that are less offensive than the replies in the "mutah, homoseuality and masturbation threads" which get deleted.

There is sometimes to much "political correctness" going on.

Threads that the moderators are not in view with are getting deleted etc.

The moderators are sometimes online bullying certain members in public threads, yet if the "victim" member would have given the same reply, their reply would either get deleted or they would get warning/banned.

I am not the only one who have noticed this, several others members have too.

This is the reason I believe many members have left.