Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hasanhh

Will MS "Edge" mess up my computer and S.C. ?

Rate this topic

Salam,

l got tricked into a standard looking "lnstaII Update" and wound up with Microsoft Edge (ll).

l have not yet clicked "accept-continue."

How will this mess up my computer and SC Forums?

Should l accept Edge?

It's just a web browser. It's the improved version of the old and discontinued Internet Explorer. It won't hurt your computer, but if you aren't going to use it you can uninstall if you want. My computer came with it preinstalled. I don't use it but it's still there. 

I observed total design overhaul of MS edge after windows update. The previous one was EdgeHTML but new one is based on Chromium (the same is used by Google Chrome and Opera). It also looks almost same as Chrome and you can import bookmarks, password, favourites from your Google account. 

The new Edge will be head on with Chrome. 

25 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

I observed total design overhaul of MS edge after windows update. The previous one was EdgeHTML but new one is based on Chromium (the same is used by Google Chrome and Opera). It also looks almost same as Chrome and you can import bookmarks, password, favourites from your Google account. 

The new Edge will be head on with Chrome. 

ls there a significant increase in unwanted spyware or hacking?

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

ls there a significant increase in unwanted spyware or hacking?

If you run Windows and install Microsoft updates normally then although third party hackers and spies may have to make a little effort but Microsoft and the big bro literally share your computer and its contents with you down to each keystroke even the ones you delete and as soon as you make them.

I do most of my reading on Microsoft edge, pdf files used to have a built in text to speech feature which was really handy (especially the 2x speed option) but now, since the update happened it's gone and I'm still sad about it.I wish there was a button to go back to the older version.

Edited by Hamdan haider

On 6/24/2020 at 8:18 AM, Hamdan haider said:

I do most of my reading on Microsoft edge, pdf files used to have a built in text to speech feature which was really handy (especially the 2x speed option) but now, since the update happened it's gone and I'm still sad about it.I wish there was a button to go back to the older version.

It will be available in future release.

Here are some features that we’re working on and that you can expect to see in the next few months:

• PDF features like table of contents, page layouts, read aloud, text notes, and highlighter pen

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4537462/microsoft-edge-features-currently-not-available