Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reason for the 2nd Coming of Jesus

Rate this topic

Guest Dan

There is a very popular and modern Mufti called Abu Layth who has many videos on Youtube. He argues that Sunni sources do not confirm the 2nd coming of Jesus in the end times and this idea has been inserted by Christians.  Besides, the majority of Christians are not religious at all. Christianity is gonna decline even more. So it does not make sense for Jesus to come to these people.

Isnt Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the final prophet, why is another coming after him ?

Why isnt Moses coming back forl the jews? Why are the Christians the only one who are gonna be rectified? 

And isnt the Mahdi enough to deal with Dajjal?

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

I don't believe there are any authentic 12er or zaidi hadith confirming is return. But the beleif of his return is mentioned in 12er and Sunni books. And majority Zaidi opinion is that he won't return.

• Veteran Member
On 6/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, Guest Dan said:

There is a very popular and modern Mufti called Abu Layth who has many videos on Youtube. He argues that Sunni sources do not confirm the 2nd coming of Jesus in the end times and this idea has been inserted by Christians.  Besides, the majority of Christians are not religious at all. Christianity is gonna decline even more. So it does not make sense for Jesus to come to these people.

Isnt Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the final prophet, why is another coming after him ?

Why isnt Moses coming back forl the jews? Why are the Christians the only one who are gonna be rectified? 

Christians consider Jesus is god or son of god or even both, Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) return is to confirm the truth. 

• Advanced Member

Qur’an 4:159

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness.

This verse till us that All of Ahl al Kitab will believe in Prophet Isa (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) before his death. If Christians and Muslims do, that leaves out the group that does not believe in him(The Jews) , so they will believe in him before his death which probably signifies he will return.

• Veteran Member

There is a very popular and modern Mufti called Abu Layth who has many videos on Youtube. He argues that Sunni sources do not confirm the 2nd coming of Jesus in the end times and this idea has been inserted by Christians. 

By what measure is he ‘very popular’? He does have many videos, but not that many views. His opinions are mostly very odd, and well outside of the mainstream. He basically rejects anything that doesn’t make sense to him, even things that are in the Qur’an. So for example, he thinks that a lot of the stuff about Isa (عليه السلام) in the Qur’an is just there to appeal to Christians, because he finds the language used about Isa (عليه السلام) to be very strange and not like the language used for other Prophets.

That’s not to say that he might not sometimes have interesting opinions, or that he isn’t sometimes funny, but for the most part he just falls into deviancy.

Besides, the majority of Christians are not religious at all. Christianity is gonna decline even more. So it does not make sense for Jesus to come to these people.

Who says he’s coming specifically for them? He’s the Jewish Messiah, and didn’t fulfil in his mission many of the things expected of him, so he may be coming back to finish his mission.

It’s not the case if a new Prophet coming. It’s an old one coming back to finish his ministry.

Moses (عليه السلام) had a different role to Isa (عليه السلام), and had no need to come back.

It’s not a matter of dealing with the Dajjal. Allah could deal with him in whatever way He sees fit, but it’s a case of what Allah’s plan for the end of history is.

Guest Dan
On 6/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, Labbayka said:

Qur’an 4:159

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness.

This verse till us that All of Ahl al Kitab will believe in Prophet Isa (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) before his death. If Christians and Muslims do, that leaves out the group that does not believe in him(The Jews) , so they will believe in him before his death which probably signifies he will return.

The verse says He(عليه السلام) will be a witness on the day of resurrection, which will occur after the end times and after Mahdi. 

Guest Dan
On 6/26/2020 at 4:34 AM, Haydar Husayn said:

Who says he’s coming specifically for them? He’s the Jewish Messiah, and didn’t fulfil in his mission many of the things expected of him, so he may be coming back to finish his mission.

It’s not the case if a new Prophet coming. It’s an old one coming back to finish his ministry.

Moses (عليه السلام) had a different role to Isa (عليه السلام), and had no need to come back.

It’s not a matter of dealing with the Dajjal. Allah could deal with him in whatever way He sees fit, but it’s a case of what Allah’s plan for the end of history is.

Weren't messengers sent for a particular period in specific nation?Who else would Isa(عليه السلام) come for if not the Christians? Is he coming for the whole of humanity like rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). 

What exactly is Isa(عليه السلام) mission? He is coming back in an era he has no relevance in.

It isnt really clear. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 6/27/2020 at 11:59 AM, Guest Dan said:

The verse says He(عليه السلام) will be a witness on the day of resurrection, which will occur after the end times and after Mahdi. 

Is this verse saying Prophet Isa AS is dead yet? 

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death.

And at the moment do the People of the Scripture (jews and Christians believe in his prophethood)? Sunni tafasir say this verse will say that this verse (and I think it does too) indicates that he will return so that people believe in his Prophethood.

Posted (edited)

Hi

1. Shahr ibn Hawshab said, “Al-Hajjaj said to me, ‘There is a verse in the Book of Allah that has wearied me.’ I said, ‘O Commander! Which verse is it?’ He said, ‘His saying,

‘And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of resurrection he (Jesus) shall be a witness against them. (4:159)’

By Allah! I command a Jew and a Christian to be beheaded, then I look at them with my own eyes, but I do not see them moving their lips when they die.’ I said, ‘May Allah reform the Commander! It is not as you have interpreted it.’ He said, ‘How is it?’

I said, ‘Verily, Jesus will descend to the world before the Resurrection Day, then the people of the Jewish nation or Christian nation will not remain [on the earth] unless they believe in him before their death and will pray behind al-Mahdi.’ He said, ‘Woe unto you! Where did you bring it from?’ I said, ‘Muhammad ibn ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali ibn Abu Talib (‘a) narrated it to me.’ He said, ‘By Allah! You brought it from a pure spring.’”1

Tafsir Al-Qummi, 1, 158

https://www.al-islam.org/jesus-though-shiite-narrations-mahdi-muntazir-qaim/his-second-coming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_Jesus_praying_behind_Mahdi

Edited by Ashvazdanghe