Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Allama Talib Johri passed away

Rate this topic

Prominent Pakistani Shia scholar passes away

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Pakistani prominent Shia scholar and religious speaker Allama Talib Jauhari passed away on Monday in southern city of Karachi at the age of 82.

The scholar, widely respected by all school of thoughts in Pakistan had been under treatment at the intensive care unit of the hospital for the past 15 days. He left behind three sons to mourn his death.

Known for his powerful oratory, Allama Jauhari was not only a religious scholar but also a poet, historian and philosopher as well. He also authored many books.

Allama Jauhari was born in Patna, British India, on August 27, 1938. His father Maulana Muhammad Mustafa Jauhari was a prominent scholar and an Urdu poet known for his exceptional poetry, according to media reports.

Allama Jauhari studied Islamic theology in Najaf, Iraq, under Ayatollah al Uzma Sayyid Abu al-Qasim al-Khoei and late Ayatullah Sayyid Baqir Al Sadr. He was also awarded the Sitara-e-Imtiaz by the government of Pakistan.

Prime Minister Imran Khan sent his message condolence to the bereaved family, paying rich tributes to the late scholar. He expressed grief over the passing of Allama Jauhari and his condolence to the family.

Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafri, the central secretary general of the Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen Pakistan (MWMP), said that the country had lost a great religious scholar. “His scholarly services will never be forgotten,” Jafri said in a statement, adding that late Allama Jauhari spent his entire life promoting sectarian harmony.

https://en.abna24.com/news//prominent-pakistani-shia-scholar-passes-away_1048893.html

Prominent Pakistani Shia scholar passes away

https://www.bbc.com/urdu/amp/pakistan-53041954?__twitter_impression=true

کیا کہا؟ ان کا خلا ایک طویل عرصے تک پر نہیں ہو سکے گا۔ مجھے تو شک ہے وہ خلا بھی اپنے ساتھ ہی لے گئے

One of the iconic personalities of pak television 

the most illustrious Bihari in Pakistan for a long time.His accent was priceless!

I attended in person many of his majalis with my dad [ very nostalgic] 

Although I disagree with almost everything he said nevertheless I deeply appreciate his dedication to his cause the artistic talent and oratory skills he possessed.

Edited by Panzerwaffe

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Hey I have gained like 20 pounds but how dare u call me fat ? You fatist 

Loll.

But wow kardeşim (google translate it), you disagree with not just a few things he said, not just some things he said, but SubحَـاnAllah "almost everything he said".

The marhum Allama was a disciple of the great faqih of Islam, the late Ayatollah al Udhma, Sayyid al Khoi (r) {insert thunder sound effect here}. Furthermore, he was also a disciple, close friend, and close confidant of an unmatched genius man who once walked the earth, another heavyweight 'alim and faqih of the great Ja'fari madhab, the late and great Ayatollah al Shaheed, Sayyid Baqir as Sadr (r) {insert thunder sound effect here again}. Finally, he was also the classmate of our esteemed marja al 'alam in the world today, the great Ayatollah Sayyid Hussaini al Sistani {insert thunder sound effect here again for the last time}. 

Disagreements are find and all if they're justified with solid evidence, but it's not always necessary to express them.

However, mA, you must surely know things which we all don't.

--

Haha my apologies if I was a little extra, just had to :D.

Edited by AStruggler

16 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Loll.

But wow kardeşim (google translate it), you disagree with not just a few things he said, not just some things he said, but SubحَـاnAllah "almost everything he said".

The marhum Allama was a disciple of the great faqih of Islam, the late Ayatollah al Udhma, Sayyid al Khoi (r) {insert thunder sound effect here}. Furthermore, he was also a disciple, close friend, and close confidant of an unmatched genius man who once walked the earth, another heavyweight 'alim and faqih of the great Ja'fari madhab, the late and great Ayatollah al Shaheed, Sayyid Baqir as Sadr (r) {insert thunder sound effect here again}. Finally, he was also the classmate of our esteemed marja al 'alam in the world today, the great Ayatollah Sayyid Hussaini al Sistani {insert thunder sound effect here again for the last time}. 

Disagreements are find and all if they're justified with solid evidence, but it's not always necessary to express them.

However, mA, you must surely know things which we all don't.

--

Haha my apologies if I was a little extra, just had to :D.

Ofcourse he was a heavy weight Alim and disciple of great Ulema but I disagree with a lot of things that jewish scholars believe in that does not mean I should not respect them.

You think I'm somehow putting myself in the same level as them, heaven forbid, I'm not even equal to " the dust in the nostril of the horses of their slaves" their knowledge was deeper than oceans and understanding higher than mountains what comparison between them and likes illiterate people like me.

I just rely on different scholars for my opinion which may not share many ideological commitments of your scholars.

No apologies needed my friend and yes you were cheeky alright! 

Edited by Panzerwaffe