Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Guest

Hijab - no rude answers

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There isn't anything sexual about it psycological speeking. But it adds to beauty like the lips and eyes does.

People take care of their hair for cleanliness and their family can see and admire it if they wish, but when females leave home they are required to cover it, because people (males and females) will think their hair looks sexy. 

Besides the sexual aspects, there is another very important purpose to it. It is definitely a struggle to wear a hijab in the west, but keep in mind that by wearing it you are making other less courageous Muslim women more and more comfortable which is an amazing good deed. You are helping us establish ourselves in new non Muslim environments. All Muslims in the west would not be as comfortable as they are if it weren't for the hijabis who bravely wear their beliefs on their clothes. Would 25% of Muslim men wear a kufi and thawb even in a place like Dearborn? I don't think so, but you can count on Muslim women to wear a Hijab in America, Britain, Ghana, Argentina, Antarctica, the moon. It may be uncomfortable for you, but the next Muslima who wears it will be slightly less uncomfortable thanks to you. Until ideally wearing it will be as trivial as wearing it in Iraq. 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:26 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for the video. I’ve seen it a 100 times along with all the other shia and sunni videos about hijab on youtube. She’s correct about hijab - but again. Nothing about hair. I agree 110% hijab is wajib. The definition of what hijab is os misunderstood. Some hadiths (sunni) says body, hair, face and gloves. GLOVES for Gods sake. Dis they tailor gloves in the dessert at the time? I would just hope they would be more specific about the hair thing. 

If you watched the video, the word used in the Ayat 'Khemar' means head covering. You have hair on your head ? Right ? (unless you're bald). So if you are covering your head, you are covering your hair. The face cover (niqab) and gloves is not wajib. Some women wear it because they want to or their husbands /  family force them to. That is a cultural issue. It has nothing to do with the Islamic concept of hijab(outward modesty).

There is nothing in the religion that I am aware of that makes it wajib for a women 'not' to cover something (except in certain, very particular and limited circumstances which is outside the scope of this discussion). So if they want to cover other things besides what is wajib, that is their choice. If it is not their choice and it is something that is forced on them by other people and not part of what God requires of us, then this is oppression, and those who did this will be punished, either in this world or the next. Again, nothing to do with hijab.

There are literally hundreds of authentic hadith as well as several ayats in the Quran regarding what is and is not mandatory for a women (and man also, btw) to cover. There is some disagreement with regards to certain issues, minor issues, but there is broad consensus and agreement on this. Your supposition that 'there is no hadith' and 'nothing talks about hair' is just that, a supposition. In order for it to be a theory, you need to bring evidence.

Instead of throwing doubt on a subject of Fiqh(Islamic Law) which is crystal clear, it's better to say 'I don't wear hijab. I know it's wajib (required by God) but I don't have the strength, courage, stamina etc to do it. Then ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to give you the strength, courage, etc to do it. ' 

I hope that wasn't rude. Salam. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Guest selma

Salam I am a woman and completely agree. I was forced to wear hijab at a young age too and it gave me a bad idea of Islam growing up. I still wear it now :(

6 hours ago, Guest selma said:

Salam I am a woman and completely agree. I was forced to wear hijab at a young age too and it gave me a bad idea of Islam growing up. I still wear it now :(

Did you get a bad idea about vegetables, early sleeping times, wearing clothes against bad weather and all other things your parents forced you to as a child because they knew better than a child?

Edited by Soldiers and Saffron

I am not for force hijab. Since eventually they will just take it off if they don't believe in it themself.

But I must also mention that hijab is unanimous amongst all ayatullahs.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:47 AM, Guest selma said:

This is sad indeed. Because most woman don't get the correct education about hijab instead they see it as something being used against them. Oppression and silence etc.

This has to do with how we all been raised and programmed by the east and western world.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Did you get a bad idea about vegetables, early sleeping times, wearing clothes against bad weather and all other things your parents forced you to as a child because they knew better than a child?

Every piece of advice my father ever gave me was bad advice, because he has a condition that he refuses to acknowledge and seek help for due to how insidious these illnesses are (I likely inherited mine from him, but the difference was that I knew something was amiss and fled to a hospital for help ten years ago).

Not saying that this person has the same situation, but that could very well be a factor in it perhaps. We don't know people's situation without them telling us, and the user you quoted could very well have had parents who put them into negative cultural practices and then used "Islam" as the excuse.

Just sayin'

Guest Rafal

I think hijab needs to be reconsidered by all maraji3 anyway.......... women don’t nedd to suffer because men can’t control themselves.....

On 6/27/2020 at 8:35 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Why ? The issue of hijab affects men as much as it does women. 

In a society where the physical hijab (the headscarf and modest clothing) and social hijab (modesty) is not practiced and actually mocked, which is basically all societies with a few exceptions, you can see the result on both men and women, broken families, slavery to addictions, perversions being the norm and not the exception, absence of justice in society, absence of trust between people, and finally social disintegration and collapse. 

I am not saying lack of hijab is the only thing that causes this, but it is one of the larger factors. 

At the end of the story you’re a man and cant relate. And the main problem with women that aren’t wearing Hijab nowadays is that men lecture women why its important to wear it and how to feel when wearing it. 

When Muslim men lacked the knowledge of the philosophy behind Hijab they made seem as an identity when it isnt. While in reality its an obligatory dress code. And you cant lecture someone about how to abide by a dress code if you cant relate. Keep this for Muslim women to discuss.

1 hour ago, BowTie said:

And the main problem with women that aren’t wearing Hijab nowadays is that men lecture women why its important to wear it and how to feel when wearing it. 

What a flawed argument! Why let other people's opinions or lectures dictate your behaviour? and if you do then the weakness lies within you. 

Hijab is an obligation from Allah. If a woman chooses not to do it she is disobeying Allah. If she is doing it she is obeying Allah. Men or other women can tell a woman to take on or take off her Hijab or smoke pot or burn the house down but it's up to her to choose her actions. 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

What a flawed argument! Why let other people's opinions or lectures dictate your behaviour? and if you do then the weakness lies within you. 

Hijab is an obligation from Allah. If a woman chooses not to do it she is disobeying Allah. If she is doing it she is obeying Allah. Men or other women can tell a woman to take on or take off her Hijab or smoke pot or burn the house down but it's up to her to choose her actions. 

Its not a flawed argument. You were raised in a conservative religious society. Not all Muslims are raised in such societies. And not all Muslims are robots “God said this I’ll do it” many people search for answers. Asking people to follow something blindly isnt exactly the correct way, because you’ll fall into the first trap. 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:21 AM, BowTie said:

At the end of the story you’re a man and cant relate. And the main problem with women that aren’t wearing Hijab nowadays is that men lecture women why its important to wear it and how to feel when wearing it. 

When Muslim men lacked the knowledge of the philosophy behind Hijab they made seem as an identity when it isnt. While in reality its an obligatory dress code. And you cant lecture someone about how to abide by a dress code if you cant relate. Keep this for Muslim women to discuss.

'Relating' to it has nothing to do with the duty of 'Amr bil Maroof wa Nahiya Al Munkhar' (Enjoining good and forbidding evil). These are the halal and haram of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), not my halal and haram. If muslim A sees muslim B drinking alcohol in public, and muslim A has never drank alcohol, does muslim A have a duty to do 'Amr bil maroo...' (given conditions for this laid down by our marjaa' regarding muslim B ? 

A muslim man is not supporting his wife financially even though he can afford to (i.e. has the money) and his wife knows this. Does his wife have a duty to do 'Amr bil Maroof' with regard to her Nafakha (required support from her husband) ? 

I could go on, but I think the point is clear.

43 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

'Relating' to it has nothing to do with the duty of 'Amr bil Maroof wa Nahiya Al Munkhar' (Enjoining good and forbidding evil). These are the halal and haram of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), not my halal and haram. If muslim A sees muslim B drinking alcohol in public, and muslim A has never drank alcohol, does muslim A have a duty to do 'Amr bil maroo...' (given conditions for this laid down by our marjaa' regarding muslim B ? 

A muslim man is not supporting his wife financially even though he can afford to (i.e. has the money) and his wife knows this. Does his wife have a duty to do 'Amr bil Maroof' with regard to her Nafakha (required support from her husband) ? 

I could go on, but I think the point is clear.

Your example of Amr bel Maarouf and Nahi an el munkar is false since you skipped details of when you may and when you cant. Stating a general subject without going into its details shows the weak argument you have.

But what is weird is that you consider you know better. I think as the typical traditional Muslim man you are, you dont trust that Muslim women can convince other women with women related obligations. But you demand you take it upon yourself. Superiority complex.

47 minutes ago, BowTie said:

Your example of Amr bel Maarouf and Nahi an el munkar is false since you skipped details of when you may and when you cant. Stating a general subject without going into its details shows the weak argument you have.

But what is weird is that you consider you know better. I think as the typical traditional Muslim man you are, you dont trust that Muslim women can convince other women with women related obligations. But you demand you take it upon yourself. Superiority complex.

I skipped the details because the details are not the point. That is a clever way to avoid the question. So I will ask again. In those cases, does the person have the responsibility to do 'Amr bil Maroof...' in way x with y,z, (x, y, and z being the details) ?

BTW, we can discuss x, y, and z. But there is no point in discussing them if we don't agree on the initial premise. That is why I am asking you to answer the original question. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

On 6/22/2020 at 3:53 PM, ShiaChat Mod said:

will think their hair looks sexy. 

[EDIT]....but to answer your question and to give you an perspective, the way a guy sees a girl hair is the sameway the girls see guys hair when he has nice fresh cut and style. The same way girls admire a good looking head likewise with guys it’s not seen as “sexy” in the way you are implying. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Inappropriate statement was removed.

Guest The depressed sis
On 6/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, THREE1THREE said:

[edit]....but to answer your question and to give you an perspective, the way a guy sees a girl hair is the sameway the girls see guys hair when he has nice fresh cut and style. The same way girls admire a good looking head likewise with guys it’s not seen as “sexy” in the way you are implying. 

Wow! Exactly my point. Then why should he NOT COVER? or better: why should she not uncover her head? I’m too tired of this paradox and hypocrisy from men. They are the maraji’, they are the men of religion, they translate and they demand. You’ll never understand this and why I get furious about it because you don’t know how it feels to wear it in a western country where you can’t even stand up fir it because you don’t even believe in it yourself. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is not evil. Humans are evil. I truely believe that the veil is political and not islamical and it makes me depressed that we have to take their fights, bevause they see us as the weaker gender. Otherwise men of religion will consider it again, I can’t take it off. But I so deeply wishes to. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Edit: Mods removed a statement from the quote.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:51 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I skipped the details because the details are not the point. That is a clever way to avoid the question. So I will ask again. In those cases, does the person have the responsibility to do 'Amr bil Maroof...' in way x with y,z, (x, y, and z being the details) ?

BTW, we can discuss x, y, and z. But there is no point in discussing them if we don't agree on the initial premise. That is why I am asking you to answer the original question. 

I’m not avoiding it. Its clear that I dont agree since if speaking about something you lack knowledge about makes no influence, and may cause confusion, misunderstanding and harm, means the principle of Amr bel maarouf and nahi an el munkar drops for this matter

AS 

I want to adress this problem as well. I've grown to like my hijab but I don't quite understand its true meaning. I've alway hated it, especially when I was younger. I never really enjoyed wearing it and it was a nightmare for me to explain why I did so when non-muslim got curious about it. I never truly believe in its relevance and are only wearing it for the sake of my very old parents who would be very disappointed if they saw me outside without it.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, THREE1THREE said:

[edit]...but to answer your question and to give you an perspective, the way a guy sees a girl hair is the sameway the girls see guys hair when he has nice fresh cut and style. The same way girls admire a good looking head likewise with guys it’s not seen as “sexy” in the way you are implying. 

This is why I believe that there is a lot of misunderstanding regarding this issue. Males and females have the same understanding of things more or less. Psychological men get attracted to high level of energy just as much as they find big glossy lips sexy. In this modern day we should stop demanding without fully understanding why we should do so (from a scientific aspect, as everything in Islam should be logical) and look around us to see what really is true and what is not. I believe that Ulamaa should look deeper into this. Telling 9 y/o girls to wear the hijab because of the uncovered lollipop story is just sad. They get it all wrong an twisted as if men are insects. We should teach our daughters how to dress properly and strengthen their inner social hijab. Social hijab is just as important as the outer hijab (not talking about the headscarf, but the body as a whole). Never will I ever force my girls to wear the headscarf nor tell them that they will go to hell to scare them to do it (as my parents did, which is fundamentally wrong because they are not Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) so they can't know) and also because they should be raised to think for themselves not just be told to do things. I think  the headscarf has taking too much space in the picture of hijab. It's valued so much that it measures most young womens strength of faith even though the most religious girls and women I know has nothing on their head but so much love and deen in their hearts. I wish we could all be like that and not judge nor demand something that is so personal and so hard to keep on in a non-islamic country. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless us all and let us be the best versions of ourselves. 

WS

Edited by Hameedeh
Edit: Mods removed a statement from the quote.

For those who wear hijab, enjoy it while you can. For those who don't wear it, I am sorry because you are missing out. Within some few years, there most likely won't be any hijab, the future technologies that will be out to public will be able to scan through your clothes.

So how will the future hijab look like? will the fatwas change? or are we supposed to keep our sisters in faith very limited in their social interaction to prevent any attack against their hijab.

16 hours ago, Guest The depressed sis said:

why should she not uncover her head? I

That doesn’t give you the license to remove hijab though. 

Look at history. Mary((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) wearing hijab, the Jewish practicing girls wear hijab. Hijab has been well established in the time of Moses. 

Ask the so called “Christian” is God oppressive? He likes it when Mary wore the hijab....

16 hours ago, al3alwiya said:

Never will I ever force my girls to wear the headscarf nor tell them that they will go to hell to scare them to do it (as my parents did, which is fundamentally wrong because they are not Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) so they can't know) and also because they should be raised to think for themselves not just be told to do things. 

1. Hijab is an obligation like salah. 

2. Not wearing a hijab will give you a ticket for ride called divine punishment, which no human can escape except with God’s mercy.

3. That’s why it’s your duty to explain to them hijab the same way why they should eat more chicken and greens. Otherwise they would be brainwashed by a this corrupted society that were in. 

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

1. Hijab is an obligation like salah

2. Not wearing a hijab will give you a ticket for ride called divine punishment, which no human can escape except with God’s 

No way you can compare salah and hijab?! Salah is one og the five pillars in islam - hijab is a divine! All salah must be the same but hijab can vary from place to place. I don’t see how these cab even be held up against each other?! They are not even close.

Please stop telling people how Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is going to punish them. There are few punishments mentioned in the Quran - everything else is mans interpretation.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, Guest Guest said:

hijab can vary from place to plac

It doesn’t. Any girl who acts contrary to what is THE HIJAB is not doing it right and subject to judgement.

and yes it is an obligation like salah. You can cry and chuck a tantrum all you want but the truth is the truth. 

The Quran makes one part clear on the reasons behind the hijab, so you don’t get abused as much. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, Guest Guest said:

There are few punishments mentioned in the Quran - everything else is mans interpretation.

Not complying with God’s law equals punishment you can cherry pick which punishment you want (although it’s not up to you) 

On 6/21/2020 at 12:11 PM, starlight said:

Out of the box thinking is not the parameter for following a scholar.

Thank you. In all the academic reasons.

The impression l get from its usage, "out of the box" has become the new l Ching; lay out a problem (hexagram) and toss ideas (sticks) and see what is "revealed."

People here arguing about the logic behind it, if Allah(stw) told me to wear sock on my left foot every sunday at 9pm for 15 minutes, I would do exactly that no matter how ridicilous I look.

why? Because I found Allah(stw) logically, because I know he exists and these are the rules he gave and if I follow them I will have a happy ending when I die, I could not care less about the laws.

Before someone tells me that I don't understand the struggle, I litterally pray in my college in public and every now and then people laught at me or they just stare at this "stupid moron praying to a wall" point is, I know how this will end ,so I don't care.

Now as for the hijab being a hair thing, well what do you think? Every scholar for 1400 years have had this conspiracy of forcing women to wear a headscarf on their head and NONE(one or tow only) of them bothered to study or question, if hijab was not a hair thing and only the opinion of this one immam, who "thinks outside the box" and contradicts the consensus and so happens to be the only true or reasonable perspective on the subject?

From my personal knowlege, the word khimar in the quran includes the hair.

This video for example, nouman ali khan, althought he is a salafi, he argues the word khimar from a linguistic/historical point of view and gives the defenition:

Edited by HusseinAbbas

On 6/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, BowTie said:

I’m not avoiding it. Its clear that I dont agree since if speaking about something you lack knowledge about makes no influence, and may cause confusion, misunderstanding and harm, means the principle of Amr bel maarouf and nahi an el munkar drops for this matter

If you know that hijab is wajib, and this knowledge is based on your study of Fiqh, then you have enough knowledge to do Amr bil Maroof... in this instance.

We are responsible for the knowledge that we have, not the knowledge we don't have. If you don't know if something is haram / wajib, then you don't have the responsibility in this case. But if you know, then you have the responsibility (and again this knowledge is based on a solid foundation of your knowledge of Fiqh, and not just speculation or supposition). You don't need to be a Fuqaha (one who is generally considered by the society as knowledeable in fiqh) to know the basic things. That is why I brought up those two cases of alcohol and nafakha, because almost all muslims know that drinking alcohol is haram and that the man is responsible to give his wife the nafakha (basic support) if he is able. Again, when you are talking about 'makes no influence' this is the details (x, y, and z). I am simply asking if you have the duty to do Amr bil Maroof... in whatever way is appropriate give the details of the particular case. That was the question. 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, Guest Guest said:

There are few punishments mentioned in the Quran - everything else is mans interpretation.

Hahah are you serious, you're just going to sweep everything else away as "man's interpretation"?

Idk bout you, but I don't recieve direct revelations from God in my every day life, so this "man's interpretation" you seem to be badly discrediting, is pretty much the word of God for me.

Edited by AStruggler

6 hours ago, HusseinAbbas said:

People here arguing about the logic behind it, if Allah(stw) told me to wear sock on my left foot every sunday at 9pm for 15 minutes, I would do exactly that no matter how ridicilous I look.

why? Because I found Allah(stw) logically, because I know he exists and these are the rules he gave

6 hours ago, HusseinAbbas said:

I could not care less about the laws.

Ahsant, Subhanallah, it's honestly as simple as that. 

Edited by AStruggler

10 hours ago, HusseinAbbas said:

This video for example

:dwarf:Aaaahhhh . . . She has eyebrow pencil on. ERGO, her wudu is no good."

Besides, :book: , hijab is a standard of decent dress. :muslima: <--"Hey, l finaIIy got to use this. :yahoo:"Yeah . . . another success point."

Guest The depressed sis

Nothing makes sense in this website. People compare socks to the hijab (very weird that womens clothing is ALL about socks and candy) well what if it was supposed to be your dress that was supposed to cover your ankels and not your socks? 

Anyway - WOMEN and MEN have the same hair on their head. Women don’t have hair made of sexual organs. And its a FACT that women get very attracted to mens hair. Maybe a new fatwa should regard mens hair. We all know that they used to cover their hair in the time of the Prophet just like women did out of cultural purposes. So cover up brothers or hell might catch you. Stupid right? Well.........