Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Attack on Fatima alayha salam

Rate this topic

GermanShia

• Advanced Member

Salam

No,there is no mention of attacking the house in the sahih sittah,but umar threatening to burn the house has been narrated In almost all sunni tarikhs and a few sunni hadiths books(other than sahih sittah).

But if one connects the dots the incident can be proved.

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia/attacking-house-fatimah-sa

Wassalam 

• Advanced Member
On 6/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, GermanShia said:

Salam alaikum

We all know Fatima alayha salam was oppressed. 

..but are there Hadiths supporting the attack of Umar, from ->Sahih SItta(6 authentic Sunnibooks)?

Tabari (Volume II, page 443) , Al-Imama wa’s-Siyasa, Volume I, page 13, Iqdu’l-Farid, Part III, page 63, Ibn Khaziba in his Kitab-e-Gharrar, Ibn Shahna in Hashiyya-e-Kamil of Ibn Athir Volume XI, page 112

Ibn Abi Shayba’s Musannaf

“…From Zayd b. Aslam; he narrates from his father Aslam: "When allegiance was paid to Abu Bakr, after the death of the Messenger of Allah ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), Ali and Zubayr used to go to Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet, for consultation. When this fact was known to Umar bin Khattab, he went to Fatimah and said: ‘O daughter of the Prophet! I did not love anyone as much as I loved your father, nor anyone after him is more loving to me as you are. However, I swear by Allah that if these people (those who have not paid allegiance to Abu Bakr) assemble here with you, this love of mine will not prevent me from setting your house on fire.’"

Here Umar threatend to burn the hosue down,

Kitab-e-Isbatu'l-Wasiyya, compiled by Abi'l-Hasan Ali Bin Husain Mas'udi, author of Muruju'dh-Dhahab. He wrote in great detail about the events of that day: "They surrounded Ali and burned the door of his house. They dragged him out of the house and pressed the best of the women, Fatima, between the door and the wall so forcefully that Muhsin, her unborn son, died of miscarriage." The Shias have not concocted these things. What occurred has been preserved in the pages of history. The miscarriage is a fact.

Here it is said that Umar pressed Fatima (عليها السلام) and Muhsin (عليه السلام) died in miscarriage, 

You may also refer to Sharhe Nahju'l-Balagha, Volume III, page 351. Ibn Abi'l-Hadid wrote that he told his teacher, Abu Ja'far Naqib, that when the Prophet was told that Hubbar Bin Aswad had attacked his daughter Zainab's litter with a lance, because of which Zainab suffered a miscarriage, the Prophet allowed him to be put to death. Abu Ja'far said: 'Had the Prophet of Allah been alive, he would have surely ordered the death penalty for him also who had frightened Fatima so much that her child, Muhsin, died in miscarriage.'

This narration compares Zainab's miscarriage to the miscarriage to Fatima. 

wassalam