Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

I believe we are all something of mirrors for each other. We find ourselves, where we stand, when we meet or share our thoughts with each other. It helps us correct our course. A pilot would like to be with elder pilots and learn from them, idolize someone like Chuck Yeager. A general may idolize Rommel and read Sun Tzu. So on.

I come here looking for Shias, believers of highest grade, of the best religion around, a religion whose God chooses the individual for it and not the other way around. I see what they are up to then I understand where I am by their reference markers that I learn here. When they describe their actions I also find some direction and motivation. Ideally it should be something like the other foot that follows. Where else am I supposed to find Shias and communicate with them if not on "ShiaChat"?

8 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Do you also have the motive to convert people to Christianity?

Thanks for asking that question.  I have no power or ability to convert anyone to Christianity.  God is the person who works in our hearts to reveal the truth about himself.  I an happy to share my experiences and understanding and to read about other's perspectives.  My motivation is to learn and to share.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, Dave follower of The Way said:

on this site – what is your journey?

it is better to be moderated than to be banned. The thing is, it sitting in place of the self, is not the one banned. So journeying towards Him(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) with that understanding it simply wants to remove the self from the self & replace it with...        whatever & it without blame, it's nature through all forms.

here @ SC alhamdulillah, just chatting by...

:discussion: you see he's good that old man locked down, lifts spirits alhamdulillah

Edited by Mzwakhe
lockdown

2 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Thanks for asking that question.  I have no power or ability to convert anyone to Christianity.  God is the person who works in our hearts to reveal the truth about himself.  I an happy to share my experiences and understanding and to read about other's perspectives.  My motivation is to learn and to share.

Do you hope your posts on here will assist people in their conversion to Christianity?

2nd question: Do you believe Prophet Muhammad {s} was a liar?

I appreciate your questions

23 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Do you hope your posts on here will assist people in their conversion to Christianity?

I have a living relationship with God.  This relationship sustains and motivates me.  I hope that something of my experience and friendship with God will be apparent in what I post.  As a follower of Jesus, I also feel this is a forum where I can help people understand something about what I believe.  In my experience thare are many missunderstandings about what people who follow Jesus believe and why we believe it.  If I can help, even in a small way, to clarify these missunderstandings I hope if will be helpful to some.

Assist people in their converstion to Christianity?  Do you hope that what you write and do and say will assist people in their converstion to Islam?  Is your experience of God one that you can't help sharing with others and inviting them to enjoy?

My desire is that people will meet with the One God, creator of heaven and earth, who wants to walk with them as a friend, love them as a father and transform them as a mentor.

23 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

2nd question: Do you believe Prophet Muhammad {s} was a liar?

What an important question!

I have studied the life and teaching of Muhammed and read about his life from many Muslim and Non-Muslim sources.  The conclusion I have come to is that he was a man who tried to sincerly follow The One God Lord of the Worlds.  He saw God as merciful and compasionate and therefore wanted to transform the unjust, immoral and courupt society around him.  As far as I can see he was true to this desire throughout his life.  A liar is someone who knows the truth and says the oposite. I do not think that Muhammed fits this definition.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

My desire is that people will meet with the One God, creator of heaven and earth

salam alykum wrwb,

'we' all have desires insha'Allah i'd like to ask whether was there a moment in time where people were without God(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

Edited by Mzwakhe

On 6/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mzwakhe said:

was there a moment in time where people were without God(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

Hey - what an interesting question! There are a number of ways we can engage with God and God can engage with us.  Of course because God has always existed and sustans the universe and is omnipresent there has never been a time when people were without God.  However, if we talk about knowing God that is a different level.

We can 'know' God like I know the president - I recognise his face or have information about him.  But I can 'know' God like I know a close friend or family member - I have an intimate relationship and share my heart and life with him.

I'm sure God wants us to meet him and know him not just as a sustaining force or as a distant being but as a lover.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

My desire is that people will meet with the One God

this here suggests that people are without God(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or 'One God' as you put it so you desire that they meet with Him(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

27 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

We

who is 'we'? why don't you say 'you'?

28 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

recognise his face

God(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) doesn't have a face.

Wherever you turn is the face of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 2:115images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5wz6p3L6K_RXVKen-BQm

38 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

I'm sure God wants us to meet him and know him not just as a sustaining force or as a distant being but as a lover.

sufficient is Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for me, am not interested in meeting & knowing your god or him.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, Mzwakhe said:

Wherever you turn is the face of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 2:115

This is a beautiful way of saying we can see God's handiwork in creation, This verse uses a figure of speech like I did.

But however much we recognise God in creation we may not know him intimately.  It's great that your knowledge of God is sufficient for you.  That must mean you have a closer experience of him than just seeing his work in the beauty of creation.  It would be great if you could share something of that experience.