Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

The answer to this question is obviously “NO” as @THREE1THREE clearly knows from his other posts and comments. I’m not sure why he has even bothered to ask the quest.

As this person wants an answer

The phrase in Exodus 7:1 is part of a discussion between Yahweh (The Jewish name for God – Like Muslims call God Allah as a personal name) and Moses about his role as a prophet and spokes person on behalf of God.

Exodus 6:29 -7:2 he said to him, "I am the LORD. Tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything I tell you." But Moses said to the LORD, "Since I speak with faltering lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?" Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country.

It is a repeat of an earlier conversation in Exodus chapter 4:16.

Exodus 4:14-16 Then the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses and he said, “Is there not Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Behold, he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. You shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth, and I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and will teach you both what to do. He shall speak for you to the people, and he shall be your mouth, and you shall be as God to him.

The word used for “god” in both of these passages is ELOHIM which is the Hebrew word very much like the English word ‘god’.  It can be translated ‘God’, talking about the One True God – Yahweh.  Or ‘god’ referring to a pagan god or a godlike being.  It is in fact a plural word so is sometimes translated ‘gods’ referring to angels or supernatural beings or forces.  See Psalm 82:1

God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment.

Both God and god in this verse are ELOHIM showing how the context helps us understand the meaning.

It is clear from the passages in Exodus 4 and Exodus 7 that God is using a figure of speech to describe the role of a prophet and how God, Moses, and Aaron will relate to pharaoh.

The exciting this a bout this passage is that God is concerned for his people and delivers them from evil and oppression.  This is what God wants to do for us.  He is in the deliverance business.  If you feel overwhelmed by fear, worry, temptation or darkness, call out to him as the Israelites did at the time of Moses and he will deliver you.

Edited by Dave follower of The Way

2 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

e answer to this question is obviously “NO” as @THREE1THREE clearly knows from his other posts and comments. I’m not sure why he has even bothered to ask the quest.

Because of your double standards.

you misinterpret the same idioms elsewere. 

The answer is “I have made you a judge” 

Moses was using God’s judgement. Moses was not “like” God that’s shert (i.e shirk)  in Judaism. 

See Psalm 82:1

Jesus says Pslams 82:6 is about messagers of God.

Then the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses

God doesn’t get angry as His representatives, He is not a hotheaded Israeli/Bedouin. 

like I’ve clear shown the prophets are infallible. 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:40 AM, THREE1THREE said:

God doesn’t get angry as His representatives,

Anger is a very appropriate response for God to people who are stuborn, or lack faith in his mighty power - as Moses was in this situation

I'm sure he is angry with me sometimes and what about you?

Isn't the whole idea of God's rightious anger a keystone of the day of judgment?  What does the Qur'an teach about God's anger?

Humans may have unrightious anger stirred by pride, fear, or hate but God's anger is not like that.  We too may reflect God's just anger when we see injustice in the world and want to rise up against it.

2 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

as Moses was in this situation

Prophet Moses is a representative of God on earth who is a role model to us, God being angry at His representative is stupid because His representatives are infallible. like I have shown you from the gospel and gave you a parable the prophets are infallible meaning they can sin but they wouldn’t sin because of their God consciousness it is part of year theology to believe prophets of God are infallible.

in the long reply I’ve covered infallibility go give it a read. 

The passages showing God’s representatives committing sins are corrupted. 

God only gets angry to the disobedient and the arrogant as we can see in the Tanakh.