Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Feel like I’m going to quit prayers

Rate this topic

Guest SB9

Every single prayer I pray My mind insults Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). What’s the point of my worship is probably invalid. I stopped praying nawafil prayers because my mind becomes distracted. Some of the thoughts I have are so bad. I’ve researched psychological tricks to focus. Nothing works. What’s the point, I know it’s wajib but it’s wajib to be focused on your Lord I can’t even do that. 

• Advanced Member

Assalamu Alaikum, 

I know what you mean, I was in the same place as you, my mind is elsewhere during salat and I felt terrible about it. This video helped me alot. One thing you have to do is block out the shaitaan. He wants you to feel hopeless, like God isn't forgive me and so you slowly lose hope. Then you stop your namaz and shaitaan stopped you from worshipping God. Don't stop your namaz and nawafil prayers, its good that you're doing them. but this time try to focus on concentration.

Edited by ShiaofAli12
Link

• Moderators

Be wary of putting up obstacles for yourself and abandoning the obligatory prayers. 

Perhaps you don't feel that you are praying them as you should but to drop them altogether is like dropping a shield and opening yourself up to all sorts of harmful sins. 

Hold on to the habit of praying regularly tightly because this is the only position from where you can improve the prayers. Dropping them altogether will never get you there. 

• Moderators

Calm down and take it easy, just pray even if you can not concentrate or your mind become distracted. Even if the thoughts in mind are bad, let them be and do the wajib. They will go away by time, most of the people will have them but by time they will go away.

• Veteran Member

Salam,

Don't stop praying altogether, just try to pray at the correct time but shorten your prayer as much as you can, read short surahs and do the minimum tasbihs in ruku' and sujud (that way even if it feels like a chore, it won't be a burdensome chore)

There could be any number of reasons that you are feeling this way, combined with a feeling of a sort of burn-out from religion. 

Perhaps try doing some more exercise, spending less time on your phone, taking long walks, reading novels, generally just relaxing your mind and body a little.

Good luck Insha'Allah 

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Thank you all for your replies

its getting bad to worse. I’m starting to break down and cry in prayer I can’t complete them I have to redo them I’m having breakdowns in prayer I’m starting to scream during prayer. Why is it so hard for me to do rev something likes this 

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Guest Sb9 said:

Thank you all for your replies

its getting bad to worse. I’m starting to break down and cry in prayer I can’t complete them I have to redo them I’m having breakdowns in prayer I’m starting to scream during prayer. Why is it so hard for me to do rev something likes this 

Don't throw coal to the fire, getting upset only aggravates it. The less you care, the more this problem will go away. Tell yourself this: "I don't care what my mind says, all that matters now is that my body and tongue go through the motions. I don't care what I think." And it helps to spite the devil who's doing this to you. Say things like "It doesn't matter if every atom in my body rejects God, I'm still going to pray to Him all the same." 

They (devils) rarely do that sort of thing to me now, they know it's a waste of their time. Let them know that their actions are utterly ineffective. 

• Advanced Member

Dear brother, like another brother already said, just do the minimum wajibat right now. (I'm speaking based on hadith)

Brother, know that these bad thoughts are not from you, these are from satan. A lot of people deal with or have dealt with the issue of these bad thoughts. Just take it easy and don't aim for perfection. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is forgiving.

These thought literally come from satan and his forces.

Muhammad ibn Ya’qub al-Kulayni (M) who reports from Muhammad ibn Yahya, from Ahmad ibn Muhammad, from Ibn Mahbub, from ‘Abd Allah ibn Sinan, who said: I mentioned to Abu ‘Abd Allah (A) (Imam Sadiq (a)) a man who was troubled by waswas in his wudu, and salat, adding that he is a man of intelligence. Thereupon Abu ‘Abd Allah (A) said, “What kind of intelligence has he when he obeys Satan?” I said, “How does he obey Satan?” The Imam replied, “Ask him regarding its cause and he will tell you that it is a work of Satan.”1

He (i.e. the Prophet) said, “Satan lays his snout, which is like the snout of a pig, on the heart of the son of Adam, and instigates him to turn towards the world (dunya) and that which God has not made lawful. But when he remembers God, Satan slinks away.” Majma’ al-bahrayn, under “kh.n.s.,” p. 305

• Advanced Member
On 6/15/2020 at 7:51 AM, AStruggler said:

He (i.e. the Prophet) said, “Satan lays his snout, which is like the snout of a pig, on the heart of the son of Adam, and instigates him to turn towards the world (dunya) and that which God has not made lawful. But when he remembers God, Satan slinks away.” Majma’ al-bahrayn, under “kh.n.s.,” p. 305

Hey I like this - yes we can resist satan - he doesn't need to have control over us.

James, one of the followers of Jesus the Messiah, said "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (New Testament James Chapter 4:7)

Here we see that for the devil to flee we need to resist him. How do we do that? By submitting to God.

I'm sure that the words "remember God" in the above quote holds that implication.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:13 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

imagine God is there with me in the room

Doesn’t help if you are a true monotheist.

maybe he is using them to make us aware of something he wants to deal with in our lives. 

When you are praying you are conversing  with God so ur mind shouldn’t wondering. The same way your mind shouldn’t be wondering when you are taking to another person. 

There is a recomendation in the Injil

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philipians 4:8)

That’s Paul’s epistle not injel, injel is the Gospel. 

An imposter is no guide to us the same way Omar, Abu baker and Othman are no guides to us 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Hey I like this - yes we can resist satan - he doesn't need to have control over us.

James, one of the followers of Jesus the Messiah, said "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (New Testament James Chapter 4:7)

Here we see that for the devil to flee we need to resist him. How do we do that? By submitting to God.

I'm sure that the words "remember God" in the above quote holds that implication.

Hello, interesting.

Edited by AStruggler

• Advanced Member
On 6/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, Guest SB9 said:

Every single prayer I pray My mind insults Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). What’s the point of my worship is probably invalid. I stopped praying nawafil prayers because my mind becomes distracted. Some of the thoughts I have are so bad. I’ve researched psychological tricks to focus. Nothing works. What’s the point, I know it’s wajib but it’s wajib to be focused on your Lord I can’t even do that. 

Focus on perfect physical form and good tajeeed. It's not the ideal way to pray.But if you are thinking about correct posture and correct recitation. It's hard for your mind to wonder. Then once it's a habbit build from there.

And do dua. Only Allah can help.

Edited by Warilla