Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How to stop wasting time

Rate this topic

AliTanjiro

• Advanced Member

I don’t know if it’s just me and I do feel bad but all I do is waste time in a sense that okay I read Quran for 15 mins then go on my phone be lazy do nothing for hours and hours besides working and honestly I don’t know how to just not waste time lol. I always say to myself I want to spend more time reciting Quran learning but my wasting of time is getting out of control what can I do? 

• Moderators

Resting, relaxing, spending time with family or hobbies are not necessarily time wasted. 

Time spent doing things that don't bring you any benefit is time wasted. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

To add: Post notes in the kitchen so you do not forget stuff.

This is helpful.

Plan one or two accomplishments to try to reach each day. Start small - for example "I want to read a chapter of this book" or "I want to choose a spot to plant a garden". There is power in checking off completed tasks. (The tasks should mostly be ones that work toward a goal or plan.)

Guest easy!Monad

Take this task of your parents -

• Clean the bathoom, W.C, Kitchen, ( weekly ) all the rooms in your house.
  • Clean behind and top of cupboards, the cielings, floors, walls, edges, wherever there is accumilated dust. -

That should keep you busy for a week, then come back. I will give you more work to do.

• Forum Administrators
5 hours ago, Ali2196 said:

my wasting of time is getting out of control what can I do? 

Create two lists. A list of things To Do and a list of Things Accomplished. When you cross off each item on your To Do list, write it down on your Things Accomplished list. While your To Do list gets checked off and gets shorter, your Things Accomplished list will grow and you will no doubt feel successful in viewing that list. 

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, notme said:

Resting, relaxing, spending time with family or hobbies are not necessarily time wasted. 

Time spent doing things that don't bring you any benefit is time wasted. 

Idk I feel like I relax too much. my hobbies usually involve in jumping on the Ps4,eating snacks and annoying my younger sisters lol

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Schedule your day or probably the whole week on a notebook or app and determine to follow religiously. Do it for 2-3 weeks and share your experience. 

The key part is scheduling. It should bring discipline in life. 

What I was planning on doing before I made the post is right now some mustahab things keep them on a wall and update it weekly/switch them. Something like reminders even though I’ll say alhamdulliah but say I look at the paper I’ll say it that extra one time. Also I’ve been planning on making up my qadhas quicker in a sense I allow just 30 mins per day 6-7 days a week and I’m sure I’ll make the rest of my 3 years in no time. I just feel like I relax Too much or waste time 

• Advanced Member
On 6/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, Guest easy!Monad said:

• Clean behind and top of cupboards, the cielings, floors, walls, edges, wherever there is accumilated dust. -

Do you do this weekly?

• Advanced Member

What really helped me was

1-Have a strict morning routine

2-Have a strict night routine

3-Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day

4-As for the afternoon and evening you can take some time off for games but not alot and do something productive such as cleaning or helping your parents etc etc

5-Always tidy your bed when you wake up and dont go on your bed until you finish your night routine and are ready to sleep

These things have been working for me and I'll add more stuff to do at afternoon or evening once this qurantine is lifted.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Natsu said:

This would be like strict-nine for me.  (strychnine)

:mod:  "See this? This is my list of goof-off things to do. lt even has a random-sleep schedule."

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Natsu said:

What really helped me was

3-Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day

4-As for the afternoon and evening you can take some time off for games but not alot and do something productive such as cleaning or helping your parents etc etc

5-Always tidy your bed when you wake up and dont go on your bed until you finish your night routine and are ready to sleep

These things have been working for me and I'll add more stuff to do at afternoon or evening once this qurantine is lifted.

Ahahah alhamdullilah ive been blessed with sleeping and waking up my bed sheets exactly in tact fresh and no need to re do it

• Advanced Member
On 6/10/2020 at 12:32 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

Schedule your day or probably the whole week on a notebook or app and determine to follow religiously. Do it for 2-3 weeks and share your experience. 

The key part is scheduling. It should bring discipline in life. 

@Sirius_Bright

The user might also be suffering, in part, from work-related burnout and so ends up wasting “downtime” on frivolity rather than Islamic study.

• Veteran Member
On 6/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, Guest easy!Monad said:

That should keep you busy for a week, then come back. I will give you more work to do.

you must be one of those greek philosophers!

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Northwest said:

@Sirius_Bright

The user might also be suffering, in part, from work-related burnout and so ends up wasting “downtime” on frivolity rather than Islamic study.

Very true. The schedule can also have entertainment slots.