Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam,

I wanna dedicate this thread to tawhid. Share the sayings of the ma'someen (عليه السلام) when it comes to tawhid. Share some important concepts which we all should know about tawhid, be it unity of divine action, unity of essence, oneness etc.

Here is one hadith from Imam Ali (as):

O Bedouin! The statement that ‘Allah is One’ is of four types: Two types cannot be applied to Allah, the Mighty and High; while the two other types can be applied to Him. As for the two types of statements that cannot be applied to Him, the first is the claim that Allah is One in a numerical sense. Such a statement cannot be applied to Allah, because as the One, He has no second, and He is not subject to mathematical calculation. Do you not see that he who claims that Allah is the third of the three has disbelieved (in Him)?

The second statement which cannot be applied to Allah is the claim that He is One with humankind. Since He derives the species from the genus, He cannot be described through anthropomorphism [tashbih]. Our Lord is Higher and more Exalted than this. As for the two types of statements that can be applied to Allah, the first would be to say that He is the One who resembles none. This is a proper description of our Lord. The second statement which can apply to Allah is the statement that He, the Mighty and High, is Alone, in the sense that He is Indivisible in Existence [wujud], Intellect [‘aql], and Thought [wahm]. That is another dignified description of our Lord, the Mighty and High.

Salam Alykum,

Imam Ali's description of Allah's Tawhid that can be found in his sermons included in the Nahghul-Balagha 

"Praise is due to Allah Whose worth cannot be described by speakers, whose bounties cannot be counted by calculators and whose claim (to obedience) cannot be satisfied by those who attempt to do so, whom the height of intellectual courage cannot appreciate and the depths of understanding cannot reach; He, for whose description no limit has been laid down, no praise exists, no time is ordained and no duration is fixed. He brought forth creation through His Omnipotence, dispersed winds through His Compassion and made firm the shaking earth with rocks. 

The foremost in religion is the acknowledgment of Him. The perfection of acknowledging Him is to testify Him. The perfection of testifying Him is to believe in His Oneness. The perfection of believing in His Oneness is to regard Him Pure. The perfection of His purity is to deny Him attributes because every attribute is a proof that it is different from that to which it is attributed and everything to which something is attributed is different from the attribute. 

Thus, whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognizes His like. Who recognizes His like regards Him as two. Who regards Him as two recognizes parts for Him, and who recognizes parts for Him mistakes Him, and who mistakes Him points at Him, and who points at Him admits limitations for Him, and who admits limitations for Him numbers Him. 

Whoever said in what is He, held that He is contained, and whoever said on what is He held He is not on something else. He is a Being but not through phenomenon of coming into being. He Exists but not of non-Existence. He is with everything but not in physical nearness. He is different from everything but not in physical separation. He acts but without connotation of movements and instruments. He sees even when there is none to be looked at from among His creation. He is only One, such that there is none with whom He may keep company or whom He may miss in his absence."

WS

Edited by YoungSkiekh313

9 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

https://www.al-islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-11-no-1-spring-2010/god-islamic-traditions-glance-al-tawhid-shaykh-al-saduq

There are online pdfs of Kitab al Tawhid of Shaykh al Saduq but I recommend everyone to purchase their own copy in order to support such publications. 

Brother could you kindly link any online sellers? (Preferably U.S) 

I have been trying to get my hands on a tangible copy, but to no avail.

You're right unfortunately it seems to be out of stock. I suppose the online copies are the next best option, although I am always a bit uncomfortable with them because I don't know if they have got the permission of the publisher to share online pdfs. 

18 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

As for the two types of statements that can be applied to Allah, the first would be to say that He is the One who resembles none. This is a proper description of our Lord. The second statement which can apply to Allah is the statement that He, the Mighty and High, is Alone, in the sense that He is Indivisible in Existence [wujud], Intellect [‘aql], and Thought [wahm].

9 hours ago, YoungSkiekh313 said:

The foremost in religion is the acknowledgment of Him. The perfection of acknowledging Him is to testify Him. The perfection of testifying Him is to believe in His Oneness. The perfection of believing in His Oneness is to regard Him Pure.

Thank you both so much for these statements.  It is so helpful for a monotheist Follower of Jesus to understand your perspective.  As a Christian I too believe in God's oneness.  My understanding of Tawhid has been really helped by your comments.  I love the comment that God resembles none

I would join you in a declaration there is none like him.  There is an interesting statement which God gave through the prophet Isaiah over 2500 years ago. (chapter 55:8&9)

‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,’
declares the Lord.
‘As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

However hard we try to talk about God our words will fall short.  When we try to describe God or to comprehend him we will be unable.  The great thing is that God in his mercy has chosen to tell us about himself.  If God hadn't revealed himself then we would never have been able to come to any understanding of who he is.

As we think of God's oneness, I feel we need to move from just talking about God to asking "can this God be known?"  What is the point of knowing that a God exists and that he is worthy of worship and service if we cannot come close to him and have a relationship with him?

In fact that is the context of the revelation given to Isaiah so many years ago and it is still relevant for us. The verses before the two above say:

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake their ways
    and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
    and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Whatever difficulty we have in describing God and his oneness, he has reveled himself as a God who wants to be known and who is merciful.

May we grow in our knowledge of God and be among those who recieve his forgiveness.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:14 AM, YoungSkiekh313 said:

Thus, whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognizes His like. Who recognizes His like regards Him as two. Who regards Him as two recognizes parts for Him, and who recognizes parts for Him mistakes Him, and who mistakes Him points at Him, and who points at Him admits limitations for Him, and who admits limitations for Him numbers Him. 

On 6/7/2020 at 1:53 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

He cannot be described through anthropomorphism [tashbih]. Our Lord is Higher and more Exalted than this.

I have been thinking about what you have posted - sorry I don't have time to read the books:(

These two statements have made me think.  If we cannot attach attributes to God or describe him with anthropomorphism, how can we worship him or even relate to him?  He must remain distant and unknowable.

Yet dispite what you have writen, the Holy books are full of descriptions of God.  There are of course, God's 99 beautiful names - most of which are in the Qur'an.

There is the famous group of verses which give God so many atributes Qur'an Al Hashr 59:22-25

22  He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

23 He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.

24  He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

In the Torah Exodus chapter 34 God describes himself using words that we can understand.

5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

One of the followers of Jesus as they reflected on the God they worshiped wrote an amzing prayer of praise, Romans chapter 11

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.

If our belief in the oneness of God stops us from thinking about what God is like in a way we can relate to, we end up in a sea of unknowns and uncertainty.  That's why God has revealed himself using words we can realte to feelings and emotions which we have - love, kindness, mercy, justice, patience, anger.  Of course all these things when God posseses them go far beyon what we understand from our own unadiquate expresssions of them.

For example, our love is so often weak and conditional.  It fades with time and dependant of a response.  But when we talk of God loving it is so much more than we can think or imagine.  It is a love which is unconditional, never changes, is always there for us, directed toward the unlovely.  Amazingly he has chosen to love each one of us and our families and comunity and our world. What a vast emence and wonderful love!!

45 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

If we cannot attach attributes to God or describe him with anthropomorphism, how can we worship him

Well God makes it clear No is like Him. 

“There is no one like The Lord our God” -exodus 8:10

1 Chronicles 17:20 “O Lord, there is none like You, and there is no god beside You according to all that we have heard with our ears.”

“You are great, O Lord God; for there is non like You, Nor there is any God beside You” -2 Samuel 7:22

Before there was no God formed, And there will be none after me” -Isaiah 43:10

“I am God, and there’s no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me” Isaiah 46:9

Isaiah 46:5 “With whom will you compare Me or count Me equal ? To whom will you compare Me so we are alike?” Says the Lord”

Isaiah 44:6-8 “So said the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer the Lord of Hosts, "I am first and I am last, and besides Me there is no God. 

And who will call [that he is] like Me and will tell it and arrange it for Me, since My placing the ancient people, and the signs and those that will come, let them tell for themselves.”

53 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Holy books are full of descriptions of God.  There are of course, God's 99 beautiful names -

These 99 names are a description of God’s qualities (I.e character) not God’s essence. 

55 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

In the Torah Exodus chapter 34 God describes himself using words that we can understand.

Well that passage is corrupted and contradicts other crystal clear passages even Jews agree with our Tawheed, like I have showed you in Jeremiah 8:8 it says the Torah of Yahweh has been tampered with by the teachers of the scribes. Only the law has been persevered. 

59 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

If our belief in the oneness of God stops us from thinking about what God is like in a way we can relate to, we end up in a sea of unknowns and uncertainty.

No, you just haven’t understood monotheism. The 99 name are an example, the 99 names are manifested in God’s creation, it is through the creation you find the Creator. 

Calling God heavenly is just as blasphemous as calling God earthly since these are a creation of His and God is far beyond His creation, He is transcendent. 

Isaiah 44:24 “Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, ‘I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone’”

On 6/8/2020 at 5:26 AM, Dave follower of The Way said:

As a Christian I too believe in God's oneness. 

You are far from it. I’ve already refuted the trinity in one of the threads and I’ve shown crystal clear how it is irrational and illogical and has no basis at all. 

Also Paul as not a monotheist Paul believe Jesus was also a divine being who also existed with God. Thats dualism. 

On 6/7/2020 at 6:23 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I wanna dedicate this thread to tawhid. Share the sayings of the ma'someen (عليه السلام) when it comes to tawhid. Share some important concepts which we all should know about tawhid, be it unity of divine action, unity of essence, oneness etc.

Here is one hadith from Imam Ali (as):

O Bedouin! The statement that ‘Allah is One’ is of four types: Two types cannot be applied to Allah, the Mighty and High; while the two other types can be applied to Him. As for the two types of statements that cannot be applied to Him, the first is the claim that Allah is One in a numerical sense. Such a statement cannot be applied to Allah, because as the One, He has no second, and He is not subject to mathematical calculation. Do you not see that he who claims that Allah is the third of the three has disbelieved (in Him)?

The second statement which cannot be applied to Allah is the claim that He is One with humankind. Since He derives the species from the genus, He cannot be described through anthropomorphism [tashbih]. Our Lord is Higher and more Exalted than this. As for the two types of statements that can be applied to Allah, the first would be to say that He is the One who resembles none. This is a proper description of our Lord. The second statement which can apply to Allah is the statement that He, the Mighty and High, is Alone, in the sense that He is Indivisible in Existence [wujud], Intellect [‘aql], and Thought [wahm]. That is another dignified description of our Lord, the Mighty and High.

Imam Hussain as.

In order to prove Your Existence how can a thing could be referred as an argument which in itself is dependent upon You? Is there exist any manifestation for other than You which You lack, so that he would make You revealed? When were You absent so that an argument will be required? When were You away so that the indications and circumstances of Your reappearance would be needed? Blind is the eye which does not see You as an Overseer upon his deeds. And how unfortunate looser is your servant, who have been deprived of Your Love.”16

On 6/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, THREE1THREE said:

You are far from it.

Ask any Christian or Follower of Jesus and they will tell you they believe in one God.  That makes us monotheists.

On 6/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, THREE1THREE said:

Thats dualism

I think if you want to missread Paul you would have to call him a Tri-est or have a belief in a tri-ism.  The role of the Holy Spirit in the letters of Paul is emphasised as much as the role of Jesus.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, islam25 said:

And how unfortunate looser is your servant, who have been deprived of Your Love.

This is a really interesting quote.  And I think the end statement is a challenge to us all.  As we seek to think about the One God let's not get so caught up in whether something is a quality or a charicteristic or an essence and miss out on entering into a loving intimate relationship with our creator God.

14 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

you they believe in one God.  That makes us monotheists.

They claim to be but they’re aren’t. A monotheist does not believe in a trinity. 

The trinity is the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit who are one who share the same ESSENCE but are DISTINCT.

Paul is a dualist and Paul saw the Holy Spirit as a gift. 

1 Thessalonians 4:8

“...the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.” 

1 Corinthians 8:6 

“6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live”

Paul makes it clear that “the Father” is God not the Son nor the Holy Spirit. If Paul was a trinitarian he would say, “there is but one God, the Father  the Son The Holy Spirit,...” Paul calls God “the Father” the same way Prophet Ezra and Daniel called God “Allah”. Now if you’re gonna day Paul attributes the similar things right after. You can clearly see Paul is distinguishing God,the Father, from Jesus and my argument still stands. 

Romans 15:6

“so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Paul is clearly distinguishing Jesus from God and believes Jesus has a God and that God is the father of Jesus. 

Ephesians 1:3

“3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ”

Again we can clearly see that Paul is distinguishing God from Jesus and that Jesus has a God and that God is the father of Jesus. 

Colossians 1:3

“3We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ”

Now in verse 5 Paul is telling the people to have the same mindset as Jesus amongst each other then he continues on in verse by saying 6 “who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage” and he go’s in verse 7 by pretty much saying jesus took on a form of a human. 

In verse 6 Paul says “Who being very nature God” over here Paul believes Jesus to be God but then as we continue on in verse 6 Paul says “did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage”  Now over here Paul is distinguishing Jesus from God Almighty but he also believes jesus was also a God beside God Almighty but Jesus who is the second God manifested himself in a human form ,as verse 7 shows, so that he is no longer equal to God Almighty rather he is limited. 

Now this is obviously a heresy and dualism since Jesus is a God beside God Almighty, despite jesus manifesting himself in a human form because in nature he is a God beside God Almighty except he is a limited God beside God Almighty. This is obviously not Monotheism at all and contradicts the Law and the prophets.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, THREE1THREE said:

They claim to be but they’re aren’t. A monotheist does not believe in a trinity. 

On 6/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, THREE1THREE said:

In verse 6 Paul says “Who being very nature God” over here Paul believes Jesus to be God but then as we continue on in verse 6 Paul says “did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage”  Now over here Paul is distinguishing Jesus from God Almighty but he also believes jesus was also a God beside God Almighty but Jesus who is the second God manifested himself in a human form ,as verse 7 shows, so that he is no longer equal to God Almighty rather he is limited. 

Hi There thank you for your input on this topic.  Christians who believe in the trinity would all believe in One God.  So we have the challenge which you are very clearly grapling with - how can a person belive and worship one God and still see The Father, Jesus and The Spirit as beings within the one God.  You rightly interpret Philipians 2 so say that Paul believes Jesus to be God. (In fact the majority of people think that this is not something that Paul wrote but is a pre Pauline song of praise to God)  You also correctly understand it to say that Jesus, who is God, chose to become human. 

As we read the whole of the New Testament we see that these early Followers of Jesus who were strongly monotheistic Jews had to come to terms with what Jesus had said about himself and the historic reality of Jesus' resurrection.  As they struggled with these issues the conclution which the early diciples came to was that the One God they worshiped and served was revealing himself to us as three persons.

Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost (50 days after Jesus' resurrection) which can be read in Acts Chapter 2

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts+2&version=NIV

Shows Peter declairing very clearly that Jesus is someone special and different and who deserves following.  We see too that Peter talks about the Holy Spirit as God active in people's life.

Do read that Chapter and respond to what Peter says.

6 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

You rightly interpret Philipians 2

You know very well Paul was distinguishing Jesus who is divine from the Divine. Any you neglected Ephesians 1:3, Colossians 1:3, Romans 15:6, 

Paul believes (1 Thessalonians 4:8)  the Holy Spirit is a gift from God not a God or a divine person at all. It is simply God’s gift to strengthen.

Acts 1:8 “8But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes in you”

Luke 1:

35The angel answered, “The Holy spirit will come in you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.

the Holy Spirit is also a title to Gabriel. 

The book of Acts is historical book and obviously since Paul did a good job being terrorist and put every original believer in jail and getting them killed and they were also killed by the Romans later on, the ones who are in the upper hand will write his own interpretation of history by adding words and removing and add a bunch pagan teachings for political reasons to it the same way sunni’s Add a bunch of rubbish to history in the prophets time. 

An example of this pagan silly teaching is

Acts 2:

3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues a as the Spirit enabled them.

jesus was a Messenger like the previous ones 

Acts 2: 22“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth WAS A MAN accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Acts 3: “13The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.”

Acts 2: “33Exalted(lifted up) to the right hand of God(highest heaven), he(jesus) has received from the LORD the promised Holy spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.”

again we can see the Holy spirit being a gift from God to strengthen, and to the give enables prophets messengers and imams(disciples in ur case) to perform miracles and reach a high spiritual state from the get go. 

Peter definitely didn’t believe the Holy Spirit is another divine being or God took on the mode of being the Holy Spirit as you are implying. 

8 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

As they struggled with these issues the conclution which the early diciples came to was that the One God they worshiped and served was revealing himself to us as three persons.

They definitely didn’t as I have proven. Right now. And that’s Modalism.

8 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost (50 days after Jesus' resurrection) which can be read in Acts Chapter 2

Jesus went to heaven on the third day which was sabbath. 

Go to the thread that you made about the bible being discredited and read my reply to leslie P about Jesus being saved. 

Jesus also hinted out that he would be saved to the disciples.

Mathew 17:

1After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. 7But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,”he said. “Don’t be afraid.” 8When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.

9As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised.”

10The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

11Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

Prophet Elijah was saved from his death and was lifted up to heaven, jesus makes it clear that he will go through what prophet Elijah went through. 

Verse 13 has been added by Paulines and so is the extra part in verse 9. The pauline epistles predate the 4 Gospels so it is obvious that they would be influenced by the Pauline teachings since Paul had the upper hand due to his terrorist attackes and threats to the original followers of Christ.

Simon peter did preach that Jesus was saved but obviously like I said since the Paulines had the upper hand they would twist history to suit their own beliefs and politics. 

We can see all the parts where the heretics added words or removed words from Simon peter. An example is this 

Acts 2:23-24

23This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross 24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

original words would be

23This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death 24But God raised him freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

then Simon peter quotes Pslams 16 Which shows that Jesus will be saved from the crucifixion.

Pslams 16:1-11

1...O God, guard me for I have taken refuge in You.

2You should say to the Lord, "You are my Master; my good is not incumbent upon You.

3For the holy ones who are in the earth, and the mighty ones in whom is all my delight.

4May the sorrows of those who hasten after another [deity] increase; I will not pour their libations of blood, nor will I take their names upon my lips.

5The Lord is my allotted portion and my cup; You guide my destiny.

6Portions have fallen to me in pleasant places; even the inheritance pleases me."

7I will bless the Lord, Who counseled me; even at night my conscience instructs me.

8I have placed the Lord before me constantly; because [He is] at my right hand, I will not falter.

9Therefore, my heart rejoiced, and my soul was glad; even my flesh shall dwell in safety.

10For You shall not forsake my soul to the grave; You shall not allow Your pious one to see the pit.

11You shall let me know the way of life, the fullness of joys in Your presence. There is pleasantness in Your right hand forever.

verse 10 says “For you shall not forsake my soul to the grave; You shall not allow Your pious one to see the pit”

weather it was 1 day 1 month  1 year 1 thousand years or 1 million years or 1 billion year the fact that Paul says Jesus DIED and was RESURRECTED on the third day, contradicts this verse because going by Paul jesus did see the pit and and was forsaken to the grave, the crystal clear verse says otherwise. 

Acts 2:

29“Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to [eternal] life(heaven), and we are all witnesses of it.

the original passage of verse 31 would be 

“Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the ascension of the Messiah, and he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead(the grave) , nor did his body see the pit.”

Acts 3:

13The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. 14You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. 15You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.

The original passage of verse 14-15 would be 

“You disowned the holy and the righteous one and asked that a murderer be released to you. But God raised him, we are witnesses of this.”

Galatians 1:6

“6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.”

in the time of Paul there was a another gospel that exisisted that gospel was the true gospel while the gospel that Paul had was fabricated by him which had Hellenistic/ pagan beliefs mixed with truth. Paul was desperately trying to turn people away from the true message of Christ and decieve them. So it is obvious that since Paul & the Paulines has the upper hand their pagan beliefs would be in the gospel(s) and in historical books.

“8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

No angel of God from heaven will deceive people, if God wanted to test His people he would send deceivers like Paul, read Deuteronomy 13, it’s either a dreamer (which is Paul) or a false prophet, some people knew Paul was a false disciple of Christ. Paul is desperately trying to win their approval in a clever way and lead them astray from the true path forever which is his main goal.

The disciples definitely did not believe in a trinity nor were they dualist’s nor did they believe jesus was crucified and died for your sins. These are all pauline and pagan teachings. 

10 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Shows Peter declairing very clearly that Jesus is someone special and different and who deserves following. 

No one is denying that. 

34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“ ‘The Lord said to my Lord:

“Sit at my right hand

35until I make your enemies

a footstool for your feet.” ’ 

36“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

peter quotes Pslams 110:1

which I’m hebrew it says 

“Yahweh said to adoni(Not ADONAI)”

“adoni” means “my master” the same way a student calls his leader Master in the ancient times or a slave calls his leader Master. 

Adonai on the other hand is God’s name which means “the LORD”

God’s name “Adonai” appears in the Sheme 

“Shema Yisroel ADONAI eloheinu ADONAI Echad” 

the original passage of verse 36 is 

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus both Master and Messiah.”

simon peter was pointing out that Jesus is the Messiah sent to Israel and the master of whole of Israel and the believers.  

And the proper interpretation of the psalms that is quoted is “the LORD said to my master”

On 6/13/2020 at 7:37 AM, THREE1THREE said:

simon peter was pointing out that Jesus is the Messiah sent to Israel and the master of whole of Israel and the believers.

Simon was pointing out that Jesus was the Messiah - Yes - not just for Israel but to the whole world.  The amazing thing about Pentecost was that there were people there from all over the world and Simon call on them all to respond See Acts 2:

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

Peter sees that joining into the fellowship of the Messiah is the way to recieve forgiveness of sins.  What an amazing claim.  Where do you go to get assurance of the forgiveness of sins?

What was it that had made Peter so confident to proclaim Jesus as someone special earlier in his sermon he states

32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Peter had lived and walked with Jesus for many years and now things were coming together for him.  He was staring to understand.  The person who had been killed and raised to life was someone special.  Someone who demanded following and service.  Someone who was the fulfilment of who the Jews were waiting for. - The Lord and Master.

1 hour ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Peter sees that joining into the fellowship of the Messiah is the way to recieve forgiveness of sins.  What an amazing claim.  Where do you go to get assurance of the forgiveness of sins?

The sameway a person joins Islam(i.e follows Muhammad) and his past sins are forgiven, likewise with this. 

1 hour ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

What was it that had made Peter so confident to proclaim Jesus as someone special earlier in his sermon he states

I’ve already shown how the winners would write his own interpretation of history, since paul did a great job at terrorising the followers of  jesus and and killing them and then also same happened when they faced the Romans. 

2 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Are you following Jesus?

I’ve shown the Unitarian theology are you following it?  Mathew 5:17

all Prophets preached the same message so yes. 

5 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Simon was pointing out that Jesus was the Messiah

No he wasn’t he was adressing the Israelites and telling them that he is the Master(king) of Israel and the chief of the believers. I’ve Already have an explanation about all of these which you skipped. 

Edited by THREE1THREE