Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
danielaguiar

death before accountability age destiny and freewill

Rate this topic

Salam, brothers and sisters

I guess that the destiny of children that dies before the age of accoutability ( i think the word is muqalif) is  paradise; but at the same time is said that we were created to exercise our freewil.

so some will receive paradise without exercise freewill.

how harmonize both things ?

11 hours ago, danielaguiar said:

I guess that the destiny of children that dies before the age of accoutability ( i think the word is muqalif) is  paradise; but at the same time is said that we were created to exercise our freewil.

In your opinion, why would God create us to “exercise freewill”?

What is “exercising freewill” according to you?  What is the nature of “freewill”? 

5 hours ago, danielaguiar said:

Walaykum as Salam, 

I don’t see any contradictions. Shia belief is that some things are predestined, and some are influenced by the person’s free will, while Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can alter both whenever. Newborns, babies and little children are pure and innocent, born on fitra, and they “don’t have enough time” to exercise free will, therefore they go automatically to paradise. 

Salam Alykum,

I don't really understand your question, however, I will try to answer it as best as possible. 

Children who die before they reach the age of baligh, or baligha ( age range from 1 to 14), are not accountable for the sins they may have committed as they are not at the level to distinguish from right, and wrong. Children are also evolving, learning, and understanding the world around them between the ages of 1 to 14, and Allah enables this period for them to learn (even if its through sinning such as stealing candy from a store, and learning from their parents that this is wrong behaviour). Therefore, if a child passes away young, they are essentially pure, and have not committed sins due to not understanding right from wrong. For example, if you asked a 5 year old child what the sin of not praying is, the child would most likely not comprehend the concept of praying, nor its rewards. Similarly, those who have severe mental illnesses that interfere with thought such as severe autism will go to heaven even if they reach the age of 60 . This is Allah's justice, and Allah will not punish those who unfortunately do not have the capacity to practice free will, or understand the difference between right and wrong. The same can be said about converts, who when they convert are like a new born baby. If someone converted for example at the age of 50, then essentially all of the sin they committed under 50 are not counted. 

Sometimes, a Childs death may be a tribulation for its parents. Sometimes parents forget that a child is a gift from Allah, or that to Allah we will all return. Maybe taking away a child at a young age is to remind its parents that death is always near, or that we must always trust in Allah and his plan. 

Similarly, if one is over the age of Balagh, and has the capacity to distinguish between right, and wrong, and does not know he is committing a sin.... then allah will not punish him, however, after he has committed a sin, and learned that it is a sin, and does it again, then allah will punish him for that sin..

Yes, some parts of our lives are predetermined by Allah, and constantly changing, while, a large chunk of our life is passed on our free will and the actions we put out to the world. 

One aspect of our life that is consistency changing by Allah is the time of our death. Imam Jafer As Sadiq has narrated that those who disrespect their parents and family will have a shorter lifespan, while those who honour their family/parents will see a lengthy life. Good deeds also lengthen ones life, but again this is constantly changing. For example, if you become an aalim in your community, and Allah had predetermined your death at 60, he may lengthen it to inshallah 100 due to your good deeds, and importance in the community. 

We are created to praise allah,and worship him alone. Free will, and aqal is a tool that enables us to understand Allah, distinguish what is right from wrong, and become successful believers in this dunya, barazkh, and the hereafter. 

Edited by YoungSkiekh313

12 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

In your opinion, why would God create us to “exercise freewill”?

What is “exercising freewill” according to you?  What is the nature of “freewill”? 

1 -to fulfill our potentiality of a perfect human being whose models

are the prophets and imams

2 - the capacity to act accordingly with our best judgements

so, the children have not time to fulfill the potentiality and have not the capacity to act accondingly with he/she ponder is the best way. the question is: will they have a time in the hereafter ? if just fitra is enough we Allah gave us this time here to fulfill some potentiality ?

6 hours ago, YoungSkiekh313 said:

Salam Alykum,

I don't really understand your question, however, I will try to answer it as best as possible. 

Children who die before they reach the age of baligh, or baligha ( age range from 1 to 14), are not accountable for the sins they may have committed as they are not at the level to distinguish from right, and wrong. Children are also evolving, learning, and understanding the world around them between the ages of 1 to 14, and Allah enables this period for them to learn (even if its through sinning such as stealing candy from a store, and learning from their parents that this is wrong behaviour). Therefore, if a child passes away young, they are essentially pure, and have not committed sins due to not understanding right from wrong. For example, if you asked a 5 year old child what the sin of not praying is, the child would most likely not comprehend the concept of praying, nor its rewards. Similarly, those who have severe mental illnesses that interfere with thought such as severe autism will go to heaven even if they reach the age of 60 . This is Allah's justice, and Allah will not punish those who unfortunately do not have the capacity to practice free will, or understand the difference between right and wrong. The same can be said about converts, who when they convert are like a new born baby. If someone converted for example at the age of 50, then essentially all of the sin they committed under 50 are not counted. 

Sometimes, a Childs death may be a tribulation for its parents. Sometimes parents forget that a child is a gift from Allah, or that to Allah we will all return. Maybe taking away a child at a young age is to remind its parents that death is always near, or that we must always trust in Allah and his plan. 

Similarly, if one is over the age of Balagh, and has the capacity to distinguish between right, and wrong, and does not know he is committing a sin.... then allah will not punish him, however, after he has committed a sin, and learned that it is a sin, and does it again, then allah will punish him for that sin..

Yes, some parts of our lives are predetermined by Allah, and constantly changing, while, a large chunk of our life is passed on our free will and the actions we put out to the world. 

One aspect of our life that is consistency changing by Allah is the time of our death. Imam Jafer As Sadiq has narrated that those who disrespect their parents and family will have a shorter lifespan, while those who honour their family/parents will see a lengthy life. Good deeds also lengthen ones life, but again this is constantly changing. For example, if you become an aalim in your community, and Allah had predetermined your death at 60, he may lengthen it to inshallah 100 due to your good deeds, and importance in the community. 

We are created to praise allah,and worship him alone. Free will, and aqal is a tool that enables us to understand Allah, distinguish what is right from wrong, and become successful believers in this dunya, barazkh, and the hereafter. 

it looks like the last paragraph touch something of the answer. i just don't know how pricesly. i must ponder about

22 hours ago, danielaguiar said:

Some reports indicate they will have a kind of test on the day of judgment 

There is a hadith not sure if I can find it perhaps someone else can bring it. Regardless there are some diffrent views about this 

1 view is that they will become the servants of paradise

2 is that they will be tested on the day if judgment and those who sucessful will enter paradise. 

Edited by Rohani

i just recall that there is a theory about a test before we come to this world. This theory is based in the quran verse that said that Allah asked us if we recognize Him as our Lord. Maybe this theory could help sove the question

15 hours ago, danielaguiar said:

1 -to fulfill our potentiality of a perfect human being whose models are the prophets and imams.

And what is that point of this? 

It is like someone who creates a virtual gaming system and in this game there is the character that can be played who can reach level 100 / 100 (what you call "being a perfect human").  Like any other game there are challenging hurdles one must go through (there are rewards of points and loss of points).  My question to you is what is the point of even creating such a game in the first place?  

2 - the capacity to act accordingly with our best judgements.

But isn't a judgment itself an act (it can be the act of deciding)?  Would the judgment then be based on another judgement?  

so, the children have not time to fulfill the potentiality and have not the capacity to act accondingly with he/she ponder is the best way. the question is: will they have a time in the hereafter ? if just fitra is enough we Allah gave us this time here to fulfill some potentiality ?

So before we attempt to answer this theological question, we need to first understand what we are assuming in the very question we ask.  What are our assumptions about the way free will works, and why did God create us?  etc...

Edited by eThErEaL

34 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

And what is that point of this? 

It is like someone who creates a virtual gaming system and in this game there is the character that can be played who can reach level 100 / 100 (what you call "being a perfect human").  Like any other game there are challenging hurdles one must go through (there are rewards of points and loss of points).  My question to you is what is the point of even creating such a game in the first place?  

But isn't a judgment itself an act (it can be the act of deciding)?  Would the judgment then be based on another judgement?  

So before we attempt to answer this theological question, we need to first understand what we are assuming in the very question we ask.  What are our assumptions about the way free will works, and why did God create us?  etc...

Ok. so help us