Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Dr Xick Marshall

Is mutaa halaal or haraam

Rate this topic

I have read hadith in Al-istabrar and man la yadur Hu Al fiqh 

The two authentic books of usool

Hadith is from mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) with golden chain or narrators of ahle-bayt ((عليه السلام))

Where mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) says

On the day of conquering the Khyber

Rasool Allah((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).w) ordained for meat of domestic donkeys and mutta to be haraam

Now I found this and I am shocked why our people don't know this

3 hours ago, Dr Xick Marshall said:

I have read hadith in Al-istabrar and man la yadur Hu Al fiqh 

The two authentic books of usool

Hadith is from mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) with golden chain or narrators of ahle-bayt ((عليه السلام))

Where mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) says

On the day of conquering the Khyber

Rasool Allah((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).w) ordained for meat of domestic donkeys and mutta to be haraam

Now I found this and I am shocked why our people don't know this

Most likely the method of performing the mutaa is not correct.  Sahabas had a habit to find women for mutaa during expeditions.  Since the number of women is limited, so they will try compete among each to get a women for mutaa.  Competing between two men for one woman is not allowed because it will create jealousy and maybe figthing.

Therefore, the Prophet made it haram to "compete for mutaa" among two muslims.  Not to made the mutaa haram.

Sahih Muslim

Book 008, Number 3253:
Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.

Who was the first person that forbid mutaa:

Sahih Muslim

Book 008, Number 3248:
Ibn Uraij reported: 'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of theHoly Prophet (may peace be upon him) and during the tinie of Abi! Bakr and 'Umar.

Book 008, Number 3249:
Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith

Edited by layman

Thanks for the link.

Kindly give me the reference of hadith where it is and in which book that says that Umar ((رضي الله عنه)) banned it 

While I found hadith in usool books where mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) is saying that muttah was banned by Rasool Allah ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).w) on the day Khyber was conquered and the hadith is authentic becos the chain of narrators are all ahle-bayt ((عليه السلام))

So how can we defy something authentic against something which is weak

Or if you have authentic reference about Umar ((رضي الله عنه)) banning  it then please provide it 

JazakAllah khair

May Allah guide us all

Ameen

Thanks for the link.

Kindly give me the reference of hadith where it is and in which book that says that Umar ((رضي الله عنه)) banned it 

While I found hadith in usool books where mola Ali ((عليه السلام)) is saying that muttah was banned by Rasool Allah ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).w) on the day Khyber was conquered and the hadith is authentic becos the chain of narrators are all ahle-bayt ((عليه السلام))

Or if you have authentic reference about Umar ((رضي الله عنه)) banning  it then please provide it 

JazakAllah khair

May Allah guide us all

Ameen

You’re welcome, read the rest about Umar banning mutah here https://www.al-islam.org/ask/why-do-sunni-people-believe-that-the-prophet-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-had-banned-mutah/sayyed-mohammad-al-musawi

Thanks for the link.

JazakAllah khair

May Allah guide us all

Ameen

Share hadith number with us.

Share the chain and reference from istbsaar.

Edited by Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

Post a hadith with chain of narrators and scholarly evaluation of it. In Arabic. Not all of us have a direct access to whatever sources you mention. Besides, if your marja’ rules nikah mutah halal, it is halal. We don’t engage in lay, commoners’ ijtihād. We accept only one temporary marriage, Sunnis have nowadays 30+ of them, something solemnly mentioned anywhere. 

Brother no need to be irrational or angry

I just ask you a question in reference to the hadith I found

If you wanna follow blindly anyone go ahead

Only rasool Allah and imams are free from mistakes

Marjay can make mistake cos they are humans just like us

They are not masoom

And I never accused anyone of anything 

Just wanted to discuss

So either give me a logical answer with reference or stay out of it

It's not a comparasion of what shiya or Sunnis do

I don't care if Sunnis do million sins

My thing is to look for the truth and highlight it

That's all

Cos we all have a job by Rasool Allah and his household

We have to transfer the message to others and if we don't have authentic source of knowledge, how come we be able to transfer the message to others???

May Allah guide us all

Ameen

17 minutes ago, Dr Xick Marshall said:

They are not masoom

Nobody said they are infallible but during the ghaybah for lay commoners it’s wajib to do taqlid on fiqh rulings to a marja’, it’s not mustahab, it’s wajib. 

So either give me a logical answer with reference or stay out of it

The logical answer is a reference to your marja’, for he derives fiqh rulings based upon multiple factors, one of them being the sunnah. Other than that, it’s hard for me to give you any answer if you haven’t given me the hadith in Arabic with scholarly evaluation of it. You seem like you have it at hand, giving sources, then copying it here shouldn’t be the issue. 

We have to transfer the message to others and if we don't have authentic source of knowledge, how come we be able to transfer the message to others???

The authentic source of knowledge is a marja’, who derives his rulings from the Quran and ahadith. There are articles and books written on permissibility of nikah mutah, what sort of other sources can one give to present our case? You can start here, this article breaks down arguments in detail. 

Edited by OrthodoxTruth

Brother no need to be irrational or angry

I just ask you a question in reference to the hadith I found

They are not masoom

brother i completely agree with you Here.

but if a Hadeeth is against Qur'an and other sahih Hadeeths, then its our responsibility to throw is as well

as you say there's a golden chain,no doubt it might be. but fabricaters won't use an iron chain to support thier fabrications. obviously they don't fear Allah azwj so they will do whatever they can to make thier fabrications firm. even use the authentic chain of the narrators.

see surah Mominoon and its tafseer.

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAAN NIR RAHEEM

The Mominoun have succeeded [23:1]

Those who are humble in their Salats [23:2]

And those who are turning away from the vanities [23:3]

And those who are givers of the Zakat [23:4]

And those who are guarding their private parts [23:5]

Except before their spouses or those whom their right hands possess, for they are not blameable [23:6]

So one who seeks beyond that, then those, they are the transgressors [23:7]

Muhammad Bin Yaqoub, from Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al Abbas 
Bin Musa, from Is’haq, from Abu Sarat who said, 

‘I asked Abu Abdullah (عليه السلام) about it – meaning the Mut’a (temporary marriage), so he (عليه السلام) said: ‘

Permissible, but do not marry except for the chaste (women). Allah-azwj
Mighty and Majestic is Saying: And those who are guarding their private parts [23:5]. So do not place your private parts where you do not trust your Dirham’

2 /453 :5 الكافي

also lastly muta Has some conditions. one among them is the Hadeeth I've posted above.

although i Haven't came accross alot of Hadeeth regarding muta but I've Heard it Has some conditions.

Edited by randomly curious
typo