Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Allah Seeker

Name Change Thread

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum,

I understand that some people don't want to make their name changes public, but here is an idea that might work. People who change their names can publicly state their wish here, as well as their reasons for doing so. This will also help other users keep track of who those members are, and make the connection with the old name.

What led to making this thread, is my own wish to change my name from:

313 Seeker --> Allah Seeker

Rationale:

For some reason I feel that looking for the 313 is not the highest purpose possible in comparison to searching for Allah. ideally I'd like to change it to Allah's Face Seeker in Arabic, as those expressions occur in the Quran (in that case it would be along the lines of: mutaghi wijh Allah), with Allah ordering us to seek His 'Face', but to make things simpler and shorter, I think 'Allah Seeker' is better as a name on this forum. If I find a better name in the future, I'll probably change it again, but for now I feel that this is the best for me, and an improvement from looking for the 313.

Thanks, and can any admin/mod change my name please? :D

Jazakum Allah Kheir!

Ws Wr wBarakatuh,

Being blessed to be part of the 313 is precisely 'finding Allah's face'. The two are exactly the same.

As for changing names, I think most members who do change their names, do it to distance themselves from their older posts lol  We change and so do our positions so nothing wrong with that I guess.

Either way, all the best of luck to you brother.

I have a deep attachment to my name. I will never change my name. Never

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was the father of orphans - that's what inspired me in the early days (it still does) before I joined Shiachat.

The name always gets to me and brings a tear or two.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

11 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Ws Wr wBarakatuh,

Being blessed to be part of the 313 is precisely 'finding Allah's face'. The two are exactly the same.

As for changing names, I think most members who do change their names, do it to distance themselves from their older posts lol  We change and so do our positions so nothing wrong with that I guess.

Either way, all the best of luck to you brother.

Thank you so much dear brother for your kind words. I've had different names before, but they were different accounts altogether. I have deactivated several times and started anew. My previous names were:

1) Muhamad (that one was kind of deleted and turned into a 'guest' account by admin repenter, after asking him in the chat room to change the profile pic - while using my new account - as the black flag with the white shahada ended up being used for the sufiani Nusra Front in Syria . )

2) Philip

3) peace seeker

4) peace seeker II

Good bless you!

10 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I have a deep attachment to my name. I will never change my name. Never

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was the father of orphans - that's what inspired me in the early days (it still does) before I joined Shiachat.

The name always gets to me and brings a tear or two.

Mashala that is a beautiful name and story! Not all people are blessed by God by being comfortable in there own skin or with their own names. Allah u Akbar!

Your name definitely contributes to the high quality of your posts and forum presence I'm sure.

I'd like to change my name to Abdul-Hadi (worshiper of the guider)

2 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Thank you so much dear brother for your kind words. I've had different names before, but they were different accounts altogether. I have deactivated several times and started anew. My previous names were:

1) Muhamad (that one was kind of deleted and turned into a 'guest' account by admin repenter, after asking him in the chat room to change the profile pic - while using my new account - as the black flag with the white shahada ended up being used for the sufiani Nusra Front in Syria . )

2) Philip

3) peace seeker

4) peace seeker II

Good bless you!

I must say, I commend you for disclosing your previous accounts as I believe many wouldn't. For the record, this is my only account, I've been on ShiaChat since October 2019 and happy to keep my name as is lol