Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
rkazmi33

What's your wish list?

Rate this topic

Salam! I just heard a clip by Syed Ali Murtaza Zaidi about every human's wish list. He said, an ordinary man has 3 wishes in life: 

1. To be financially independent, not being dependent upon anyone. 

2. To have a little bit of social respect. This is very important because humiliation breaks you. And especially if you are humiliated in the west, you feel like you are humiliating your religion. 

3. To have few people in my life who love me for me. They don't love me because of my knowledge, my money or my status. They love me for my own sake. 

When I heard this, I thought that this is so beautiful. This is exactly everything I want in life and this is such a comprehensive list. He also mentioned that materialistic people's wish list looks like this: 

1. They want ALL the money in this world. 

2. They want fame and they want everyone to respect them and complement them ALL the time. They are really attention hogs. 

3. They want everyone to be in love with them. This is especially true, there are some men and women, who really want ALL the people from the opposite gender to like them. They cannot even comprehend that some people can dislike them. 

I have seen so many materialistic people like this. Sadly they cover their greediness by calling themselves ambitious. 

What's your wish list and do you think every person in the world deserves financial independence, minimal social respect and a few genuine people who love that person? Or do you think some people are waste of resources and even if they ask for these minimal needs, they are asking for too much. Ambitious people certainly think they deserve more than others and they do think some people don't even deserve these basic, minimal things in life. 

Well here’s my list 

financially stabled 

have a nice small house 

have a Lamborghini 

expand my religious knowledge and automotive knowledge.

keep up my good effort of being God consciousness for the rest of my life 

Give every penny to the poor and the needy after my death, no dollar is to be given to any body else.

Edited by THREE1THREE

My wish list is as follows:

1. Financial stability in a career that I actually enjoy

2. A loving, dedicated Muslim wife who is healthy enough to have 3 (Insha'allah 5) children

3. A little respect from the people I care about (family, friends, immediate neighbors). The opinions of randos in my community don't mean much to me at all & I don't think highly of myself enough to think that I deserve respect from those outside my social/familial circle.

there are three more that are really important to me

4. To know the objective truth about what's really going on in the world

5. The end of my country's govt class' antagonism toward Iran & friendly relations with the Islamic republic.

6. The end of wars prosecuted by this same political class

As shia, believer and follower of ahlul bayt.

I want to be a servant of the imam

I want to infiltrate his enemies and help my imam to avenge the injustice of the shaytans

How can we shias want anything else other than this? unless we have forgotten the duties and responsibilties upon us.

This is the true and only wish list every shia should have.

Being financial independent, having social respect , having good family etc, are just the fundamental of every human being not a wish list.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Seeing the angels opening the gates of jannah on my death, being welcomed by the Imams (عليه السلام), having Allah’s (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mercy to sit among His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Prophets (عليه السلام) and greatest scholars where I could further drink from the fountain of ever lasting knowledge. 

Salam 

I will limit it to duniawi wish list only :

1.  To work because i like it and not for the money.  Money chase me and not I chase the money to pay for expenses.

2. No debts to anyone or financial institution.

3. Reliable and safe mode of transportation, strategic place of stay, and can busy myself with smaller personal productive projects at home.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:37 PM, Mzwakhe said:

Nothing

To remain a nothing alhamdulillah.

There are requirements to nothingness no?

On 5/29/2020 at 7:00 PM, rkazmi33 said:

He said, an ordinary man has 3 wishes in life: 

'if wishes were horses beggars would ride'

This is an interesting question.  Really made me think!

1. I would like to get to know God better
  2. I would like to live in a world where there is peace and harmony and health
  3. I would like to see all peoples serving and worshiping God by loving God with their whole being and loving their neighbour as themselves

These are things I pray for each day as they are things that only God can bring about.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, THREE1THREE said:

Well here’s my list 

financially stable(no "d")

have a nice small house 

have a Lamborghini 

expand my religious knowledge and automotive knowledge.

keep up my good effort of being God consciousness for the rest of my life 

Give every penny to the poor and the needy after my death, no dollar is to be given to any body else.

"after" should be "before

0ther than that, you are obviously single.