Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
randomly curious

The Earth Would Had Got Cut Into two pieces Along With Its Pedestal If Jibraeel (AS) Would've Not Stopped The Strike Of Mawla Ali (AS) Which Cut Marhab l.a And His Horse Into Two

Rate this topic

The traditional reporters of repute have reported that when Imam Ali 
(عليه السلام) cut marhab l.a in two pieces, Hazrat Jibraeel (عليه السلام) laughing and astonished came to the Prophet (SAWS) 

“What is the reason of your smile” asked the Prophet (SAWS). Hazrat Jibraeel (عليه السلام) said

“ Ya Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the reason for my smile is that these angels are astonished of the attacks by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and are raising the commending voices. There is no youth but Imam Ali (عليه السلام). There is no sword but Zulfiikar. My own reason of astonishment is that when asked to destroy the townships of the people of Lut (عليه السلام), with the strength and will from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) I uprooted all the seven towns from the earth-centre, raised them to heavens, kept them there until morning, on one arm, until the croaking of the chickens and weeping of their was heard by the dwellers of heavens, then turned them upside down and destroyed them. But today when ImamAli (عليه السلام) raised his Hashemite slogan and struck with the Hyderi strike supported by his strength and will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), cut marhab and his horse in two pieces, I was ordered to absorb the rest of the forces of strike to save the earth from getting into two pieces along with its pedestal and getting sunk along with its entire habitats.

P.S

The remaining balance of the force of strike was heavier then those seven towns of Hazrat Lut (عليه السلام) despite the fact that Hazrat Israfeel (عليه السلام) and Hazrat Mikaeel (عليه السلام)were holding his arms”.

Ref-

Kokab Durri (syed Muhammed saleh kashfi)

Edited by randomly curious

I'm sorry to be so vulgar & seem flippant about it, but this story is awesome.

Imagine Imam Ali (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) cleaving an enemy in half with Zulfiikar, and then imagine that Hazrat Jibril (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had to intervene to prevent the planet from splitting in two.

That's like something out of a fantasy story... except I believe it really happened in our world.

(man alive, that's so insanely cool!!)

As nice as this story may sound, it will remain a fantasy until it is corroborated by an authentic source. Perhaps you can quote where in the classical literature this story is mentioned? 

1 hour ago, randomly curious said:

The traditional reporters of repute have reported that when Imam Ali 
(عليه السلام) cut marhab l.a in two pieces, Hazrat Jibraeel (عليه السلام) laughing and astonished came to the Prophet (SAWS) 

“What is the reason of your smile” asked the Prophet (SAWS). Hazrat Jibraeel (عليه السلام) said

“ Ya Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the reason for my smile is that these angels are astonished of the attacks by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and are raising the commending voices. There is no youth but Imam Ali (عليه السلام). There is no sword but Zulfiikar. My own reason of astonishment is that when asked to destroy the townships of the people of Lut (عليه السلام), with the strength and will from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) I uprooted all the seven towns from the earth-centre, raised them to heavens, kept them there until morning, on one arm, until the croaking of the chickens and weeping of their was heard by the dwellers of heavens, then turned them upside down and destroyed them. But today when ImamAli (عليه السلام) raised his Hashemite slogan and struck with the Hyderi strike supported by his strength and will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), cut marhab and his horse in two pieces, I was ordered to absorb the rest of the forces of strike to save the earth from getting into two pieces along with its pedestal and getting sunk along with its entire habitats.

P.S

The remaining balance of the force of strike was heavier then those seven towns of Hazrat Lut (عليه السلام) despite the fact that Hazrat Israfeel (عليه السلام) and Hazrat Mikaeel (عليه السلام)were holding his arms”.

Ref-

Kokab Durri (syed Muhammed saleh kashfi)

Allah knows.These stories needs to be viewed with caution.

There is no problem in quoting a chainless narration in Manaqib when you people accept the same in Ahkam.
There is nothing bad with this tradition.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) had higher rank than anyone else after Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). If he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) can split the moon in two, there's nothing wrong with this. 
Allah knows best.

3 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) had higher rank than anyone else after Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). If he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) can split the moon in two, there's nothing wrong with this. 

I forgot about that story! That one was really cool too, and I want to read + learn more about these.

It makes me feel good to know that I follow the lead of a Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) who was given the ability by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to perform such awesome signs, even if these stories are apocryphal & possibly exaggerated. It gives me a sense of hope and a sense of "Ok, I can do this. With Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), I can do anything that he wills" and that's really helpful for someone who faces the challenges that I do.

3 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Allah knows best.

Yes. Yes He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does. :)

31 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

There is no problem in quoting a chainless narration in Manaqib when you people accept the same in Ahkam.
There is nothing bad with this tradition.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) had higher rank than anyone else after Rasool (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). If he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) can split the moon in two, 
Allah knows best.

The Ma’sam can carry the earth with his own finger, let alone split if Allah wills. Anything is possible by the will of Allah but we don’t make a claim that such event indeed occurred until it is confirmed by a report in the classical hadith corpus. Likewise for this story. Where is it mentioned in any of our books? The references that the OP mentioned is dubious.

there's nothing wrong with this

Yes there is because the Masumeen said anyone who fabricates in their name is destined to the hellfire.

Edited by Al-Hassan

It's a very bad habit to reject anything which you don't understand. We are humans and we can't comprehend n number of thing. You cannot understand Imam Ali (عليه السلام) nor can you encompass his merits. If you don't understand just keep quiet. 

Jabir ibn `Abdullah al-Ansari relates that after the conquest of Khaybar, when `Ali (عليه السلام) came to him, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) told `Ali (عليه السلام),  

“Had there not been the fear that some people from my community would say about you what people said in the past about Jesus son of Mary, I would have extolled your virtues so much that people would pick up the dust from under your feet and the water flowing from your ablutions to treasure it as a cure for everything. But suffice is it that you are from me and I am from you, you would inherit from me and I would inherit from you, and you are to me what Aaron was to Moses except that there shall be no prophet after me. You would be my trustee to discharge my debts and you would be the one who would fight for establishing the tradition set up by me. On Doomsday, you would be my nominee at the Fountain in Paradise [Kawthar]. 

(Rawdat al-waizin, vol. 1, p.112; Amaali by Shaykh Saduq, p. 86; al-Mustarshad, p.633;  Kashf al-Ghummah, vol.1, p. 298; Irshad al-Quloob, 145; Kashf al-Yaqin, p.17; Ilam al- Wara fi Alam al-Huda, p.188.) 

Guest Not Monad
1 hour ago, Al-Hassan said:

As nice as this story may sound, it will remain a fantasy until it is corroborated by an authentic source. Perhaps you can quote where in the classical literature this story is mentioned? 

The OP usually pastes long quotes from hubeali dot com website. :censored:

Guest Quran and Itrah

No authentic corroborative evidence, anyone can make anything up.

4 hours ago, Guest Not Monad said:

The OP usually pastes long quotes from hubeali dot com website. :censored:

I'm fairly certain that https://www.hubeali.com/ has done more in the service of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) than you have done through your guest posts. :)

people believe He (عليه السلام) can but won't believe the incident. Lol

Asif bin barkhiya i e the successor of Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام) Had the knowledge of a single letter from the ism e aazam and He folded the earth and brought the thorne before Sulaiman (عليه السلام) even  blinked (the throne was miles away)

and Masomeen (عليه السلام) (infallible's) Have the knowledge of a 1000 books.

also that Hadeeth about splitting the earth, i personally feel it shouldn't been even considered a drop among their merits, lets keep noorani merits aside. it shouldn't been considered a drop among the bashri (The Human fabric and outfit) merits itself

i will quote couple of Hadeeth's regarding their knowledge

Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Muhammad Bin Al Hassan, from Abbad Bin Suleyman, from Muhammad Bin Suleyman, from his father, from Sadeyr who said,

Sadeyr (the narrator) said, ‘So when heasws arose from his gathering and went to his house, I and Abu Baseer, and Muyassar went over and said to him-asws, ‘May we be sacrificed 
for you! We heard you and you were saying such and such regarding the matter of your-asws maid, and we know that you-asws have a lot of knowledge, and we are not linking you-asws to the knowledge of the unseen’.

He (the narrator) said, ‘So he (عليه السلام) said: ‘O Sadeyr! Do you not read the Quran?’ I said, ‘Yes (I do)’. He said: ‘So did you find in what you read from the Book of Allah-azwj Mighty and 
Majestic: The one with whom was the knowledge from the Book said, ‘I will come to you with it before your glance returns to you’ [27:40]?

He (the narrator) said, ‘I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you-asws! I have read it’. He-asws said: ‘So do you recognise the man, and do you know what was with him from the knowledge of the 
Book?’ I said, ‘Inform me of it’.

He-asws said: ‘A measurement of a drop of water from the green ocean, so that is what happened to be from the knowledge of the Book’. I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you-asws! 
How little this is!’ So he-asws said: ‘O Sadeyr! What a lot this is if you were to link it to Allah-azwj Mighty and Majestic to the Knowledge which I am about to inform you with it.

O Sadeyr! So, did you find in what you read from the Book of Allah-azwj Mighty and Majestic as well, Say: ‘I suffice with Allah as a Witness between me and you, and one with whom is Knowledge of the Book [13:43]?’ I said, ‘I have read it, may I be sacrificed for you!’ He (عليه السلام) said: ‘So, is the one with whom is the knowledge of the Book, all of it, more understanding, or the one with whom is knowledge of the Book, part of it?’ I said, ‘No, but the one with 
whom is the knowledge of the Book, all of it’.

He (the narrator) said, ‘So he (عليه السلام) gestured by his hand towards his chest and said: ‘The knowledge of the Book, by Allah-azwj, all of it is with usasws! The knowledge of the Book, by Allah-azwj, all of it is with us!’  

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 45 H 3

And unbroken chain going up to Salman Al Farsy (عليه السلام) having said, ‘Amir Al-Momineen (عليه السلام) said to me: ‘O Salman! The woe of all woes be unto the one who does not recognise for us the right of our (عليه السلام) recognition, and denies our merits.

O Salman! Which of the two is superior, Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or Suleyman Bin Dawood (عليه السلام)?’ Salman said, ‘But, (it is) Muhammad saww’. So he asws said: ‘O Salman! This is Asif Bin Barkhiya (عليه السلام) able upon carrying the throne of Bilquees from Sab’a to Persia in the blink of an eye, and with him was (some) knowledge from the Book, and would I (عليه السلام) not be able, and with me (عليه السلام) is the knowledge of a thousand Books?

From these, Allah azwj Revealed unto Shees Bin Adam (عليه السلام) , fifty Parchments, and unto Idrees the Prophet were thirty Parchments, and unto Ibrahim (عليه السلام) the Friend were twenty Parchments, and the knowledge of the Torah, and Knowledge of the Evangel and the Psalms and the Qur'an’.

I said, ‘You (عليه السلام) speak the truth, O my Master (عليه السلام)!'

So he (عليه السلام) said: ‘Know, O Salman, that the doubt in our matter and our knowledge is like the doubters in our  recognition and our rights, and Allah azwj he Exalted has Obligated our Wilayah in His azwj Book in many a place, and Explained in it what Obligates the deed with it, and it is open (for all to see).

And know that there has come the interpretation, clear evidence with regards to this and a clear proof of the superiority of Amir of the Momineen (himselfasws) over the Determined ones (Ul Al Azam) from the Prophets (عليه السلام) , Salawat be upon them asws all. And rather the superiority upon them is due to the knowledge, as per the Words of the Exalted: Say: ‘Are they equal, those who are knowing and those are not knowing?’, and as per the Words of the Exalted: Say: ‘I suffice with Allah as a Witness between me and you [13:43], I.e., present, knowledgeable who knows 
that I (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) am Sent from Himaz

Then He(azwj) Inclined upon Himself, Glorious is He azwj, so He(azwj) Said: and one with whom is Knowledge of the Book [13:43], I.e., And I suffice with him (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) along with Allah azwj between me and you all as a witness, due to his knowledge of the Book, and do not make, along with him, as being sufficient, other than him’’.

Stories like this will leave tashayyu a deen full of villagers in a few decades.

I suppose all of cheering this story also believe that Hazrat Abbas has the power to kill 10000 men in one swipe as well?

Oh and if you question these stories, one must be a wahhabi or denier of ahlulbayt? How convenient.

1 hour ago, 786:) said:

Stories like this will leave tashayyu a deen full of villagers in a few decades.

Salam as you said it's just story & many Shias like martyr Mutahari rejected many of such fables but they are still popular in India subcontinent &between some grouplets anyway the most authentic narration is that  " reward of strike of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in battle of trenches  (Ahzab/ Khandaq) on head of ʿAmr b. ʿAbdiwuddthat killed was equal to whole prayers of Jinns & humans [until judgment day]" that lady Fatima (sa) mentioned it in her Fadak sermon to remember position of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) in her debate with Abubakr & rest of usurpers of right of Imam Ali (عليه السلام).

In hadith sources, it is transmitted from the Prophet (s) that Ali's (a) strike at 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd in the battle of Khandaq was worthier than the worships of all humans and jinns.[10]پ

Ḥillī, Nahj al-ḥaqq wa kashf al-ṣidq, p. 234.

Doubting the Existence of 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd
Ibn Taymiyya, the Sunni scholar and the founder of Salafism, doubted the existence of 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd.[11] He believed that there is no name of 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd in any of the battles of Badr, Uhud and also other Ghazwas and Sariyyas and what happened in the battle of Khandaq is not mentioned either in Sahih Muslim or Sahih Bukhari.[12] But, the attendance of 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd in the battle of Khandaq is mentioned in historical sources such as Tarikh Tabari[13] and Dhahabi's Tarikh al-Islam.[14] Also, Hakim Niyshaburi, the Sunni scholar transmitted a report about the attendance of 'Amr b. 'Abdiwudd in the battle of Badr and his injury in al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn.[15] Some researchers considered Ibn Taymiyya's doubting out of his intention for rejecting Imam Ali's (a) merits.

http://en.wikishia.net/view/'Amr_b._'Abd_Wadd

1 hour ago, randomly curious said:

people believe He (عليه السلام) can but won't believe the incident. Lol

15 hours ago, GD41586 said:

even if these stories are apocryphal & possibly exaggerated.

exaggeration?

lol bro...

the world for the angel of death is like a small coin on the palm which could be turned around as desired

angel of death is just perspiration from the light of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and he can turn around the world as he desire, and people are doubting about the master of that angel 

if the perspiration can turn it around can't the light itself split it? 

read this.

“Say that the Malakal Mout (Angel of death) gives you death” – Holy Qur'an.

Imam As-Sadiq (عليه السلام) explains this verse and says “Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says during Meraaj (Nocturol descension) I saw an angel from amongst the angels who has a board of Noor in his hands and was concentrating on it without distraction. I asked who is he, Malakal Mout. replied jibreel, and is busy taking away the souls. I asked to move closer to him – when I was near him I asked, “O Malakal Mout do you take away the souls of all those who are about do die. He said ‘Yes’, I asked “Are you present at everyones death” ? He replied 'Yes–It is not but all the world is controlled for me and I have been given the power over it.  It is like a small coin (Dirham) on the palm, which could be turned around as desired.I visit every house five times a day, and when the family of the dead cries I tell them not to because I will come time and time again until no one of you is left.* The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) then replied “ Death is a great difficulty” jibreel (عليه السلام) replied ‘Yes but what happens after death is still more torturous”.

Ref-

Man La Yahzuruhu Al Faqih vol.1 p.99

P.s

Malakal Mout is one of the forces of Allah’s (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will (Madabbar). The powers of the Al-Qabiz – the 
name of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) becomes known (Mazhar) through him. His strength of ‘Noor’ of soul is so strong that the entire world is like a coin before Him and its every partical is infront of him –every house is infront of him.

Then the Noor of the first creation (Mawla Ali (عليه السلام) of which Malakal Mout is just one drop – how much will the power of his soul be under him.

7 hours ago, randomly curious said:

angel of death is just perspiration from the light of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and he can turn around the world as he desire, and people are doubting about the master of that angel 

22 hours ago, Al-Hassan said:

7 hours ago, randomly curious said:
22 hours ago, GD41586 said:

even if these stories are apocryphal & possibly exaggerated.

exaggeration?

This is why I said what I said. No offense intended, I am not well educated on Islam at all.

Maybe what they mean is that His (عليه السلام) light is so powerful that it penetrates everything and can penetrate through the very world itself?

Edited by GD41586

18 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

No offense intended, I am not well educated on Islam at all.

No problem Brother.

19 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

Maybe what they mean is that His (عليه السلام) light is so powerful that it penetrates everything and can penetrate through the very world itself?

They (Aimmah) (عليه السلام) don't even need to move from their place and they can reach wherever they desire in the entire universe.

just as i said earlier about Asif bin Barkhiya i.e the successor of Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام)  Had just a single letter from the ism e aazam and He brought the thorne from saba to persia before Sulaiman (عليه السلام) even blinked.

the earth folded itself for Him.

similarly i Heard a narration few days ago that

Imam Zain ul Aabideen (عليه السلام)  said to the narrator today i will guide you towards that person who visited 14 worlds which all are  3 times larger then this world and He did not even move from His place. the narrator asked who is that person? 

Imam (عليه السلام) replied, that is me.

so Imam (عليه السلام) is sitting and Having a conversation with that narretor and He also visited 14 worlds at the same time without even moving from His place.

3 hours ago, randomly curious said:

Imam Zain ul Aabideen (عليه السلام)  said to the narrator today i will guide you towards that person who visited 14 worlds which all are  3 times larger then this world and He did not even move from His place. the narrator asked who is that person? 

Imam (عليه السلام) replied, that is me.

Does he mean that he visited them through a revelation or a vision? Like, was he meditating and then was brought to them by God (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) during the process?

Is this all we have about this one? Because these legit fascinate me.

9 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

Does he mean that he visited them through a revelation or a vision? Like, was he meditating and then was brought to them by God (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) during the process?

No brother He doesn't need to do anything just to let the narrator and let us know He (عليه السلام) did that act. or else He (عليه السلام) is Hazir and Nazir (present and watching) everywhere 

and if you assume they (عليه السلام) are simply standing in front of you and watching you, then its an insult for the Imam (عليه السلام) (Nauzubillah).

the entire universe, the Heavens,earth all are in front of them. look at this narretion

Haqaiqul Wasiyat First Edition 
page no. 181 ref Bihar ul Anwar Seventh Edition,

Imam Jafar Saadiq (عليه السلام) says, “To Imam (عليه السلام), this whole universe, heavens, and earth is like (then Imam (عليه السلام) pointed towards His palm and said ) this (palm). He has full knowledge of the universe and heavens. Those 
things that can be seen and those that are hidden. Those which enter 
into it (born) and those which leave it (die).”

also they (عليه السلام) don't will anything expect for what Allah azwj wills

as i quoted the Hadeeth about angel of death earlier, the Hadeeth says He is busy taking away souls. 

so He didn't need to do anything and He is present at many places at the same time capturing souls

32 minutes ago, randomly curious said:

just as i said earlier about Asif bin Barkhiya i.e the successor of Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام)  Had just a single letter from the ism e aazam and He brought the thorne from saba to persia before Sulaiman (عليه السلام) even blinked.

the earth folded itself for Him.

and, Asif bin Barkhiya didn't do any act before bringing the throne either i.e meditate etc.

11 hours ago, 786:) said:

I suppose all of cheering this story also believe that Hazrat Abbas has the power to kill 10000 men in one swipe as well?

Oh and if you question these stories, one must be a wahhabi or denier of ahlulbayt? How convenient.

Indeed you are a Wahabi from inside :hahaha:

You can't compare Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) to 14 infallibles and authority that 14 infallibles have.

Indeed Abbas (عليه السلام) has the power to do so, and if you ask for chains now, give chain for 33rd ayah of Surah Ma'arij.