Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammad313Ali

Black Lives Matter as a slogan [POLL]

Rate this topic

Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter

• All Lives Matter
    • Black Lives Matter

Following the tragic death of George Floyd many important matters that have been oftentimes debated, discussed, and brought to light are being amplified.

I am interested in what your thoughts are in regards to BLM and ALM, I believe an analogy that helped me understand the difference between BLM and ALM was when the term ShiaGenocide is used instead of Islamaphobia.

I as an individual really love all inclusive things and words, and I believe that some words such as “white privilege”, “white supremacist”, etc don’t serve in favor of an all inclusive goal or system.

Yes, we can agree that there are some who have suffered greater then others, but we can realize that without shaming an entire race. 

What are your thoughts?

@hasanhh @AmirioTheMuzzy @Muhammed Ali @Ashvazdanghe @GD41586 @Mahdavist @iCenozoic

Edited by notme
Change in title.

18 minutes ago, GD41586 said:
37 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

I believe an analogy that helped me understand the difference between BLM and ALM was when the term ShiaGenocide is used instead of Islamaphobia.

Explain what you mean by this. I don't think I understand.

Someone explained to me that advocating for BLM matter instead of just ALM is similar to raising awareness to ShiaGenocide instead of just saying it’s Islamaphobia (which undermines the millions of disparaged and murdered Shias)

l am "ALM".

As for George Floyd, as l have written elsewhere,  l think should be legally treated as a bank robbery: lf one person in the robbery gang shoots and/or kills someone then everyone in the group is just as guilty (in many US states). So every cop there had his neck on Mr. Floyd because no of them did anything to stop it.

4 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Someone explained to me that advocating for BLM matter instead of just ALM is similar to raising awareness to ShiaGenocide instead of just saying it’s Islamaphobia (which undermines the millions of disparaged and murdered Shias)

Ok, I get it now.

Thing is; Shia are oppressed and maligned by their Muslim brothers & sisters, whereas Sunni Islam is almost treated as a protected class in America, at least by the radical left & the mainstream media who want to co-opt Islam to push their radical agendas of Hollywood "tolerance" & "inclusion" (which doesn't tolerate religious people or include traditional gender roles/family structures, amazingly enough).

I find it hilarious how the "If it feels good, do it/There is no such thing as universal truth" crowd thinks that they'll somehow be able to change Islam into what they want it to be.

BBC is reporting that no charges will be filed against the police officers because of countervailing "evidence". ADDED: l found no other source for this at this time.

ADDED: The Minneapolis Star has live updates, to include Twitting.

The Minneapolis Police's 3rd Precinct "has been overrun" and fires set throughout some of the building.

Target is closing its 24 Twin Cities area stores until further notice.

Edited by hasanhh

16 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

BBC is reporting that no charges will be filed against the police officers because of countervailing "evidence".

Some reports are that all four of the police have been fired. 

l watched two WCCO-TV reports. One interviewed the Fire Chief. Only real info is that 34 Guardsmen have been assigned to protect firefighters.

The second report had the reporter asking why the cities are not doing anything?[Note: violence spread to St.Paul MN yesterday] That 500 Guardsmen have been sent by the Governor yesterday afternoon but are nowhere to be seen. And lastly, President Trump called the MN Governor and said federal troops are available, and "when the looting begins the shooting begins". The reporter also indicated Trump's anger over this third day of riots. Many rioters have come in from outside the cities (determined from the arrests made).

27 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Is burning down Target justified?

@hasanhh @notme

As l read a few minutes ago, Frey, the Minneapolis mayor said, "a burning building is not the symbol of a (human) life".

ADDED: The 3rd Precinct is where the four killin'-cops are stationed. According to NBC at 0400, Frey is upset that Trump criticized him.

Apparently, according to the NBC reporter, the mayor's offices, Governor, county prosecutors and the US Justice Dept are not coordinationg and must soon meet so there is no 4th night of riots.

Edited by hasanhh
spelin'

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l am "ALM".

As for George Floyd, as l have written elsewhere,  l think should be legally treated as a bank robbery: lf one person in the robbery gang shoots and/or kills someone then everyone in the group is just as guilty (in many US states). So every cop there had his neck on Mr. Floyd because no of them did anything to stop it.

There are many things mixed up in this issue, I think:

-Robbery

-Racism leading to murder of the accused man

-judiciary system of USA and police brutality

-non-acting and incompetent politicians

I just want to discuss robbery and racism. The robbery took place because the man was poor and had to feed his family. Ok, of course, everyone will say it is not justified and still a crime, which it is. But why is it that sport stars, bankers and entertainers get millions, while normal cleaners can't feed their family?

Second, the racism and police brutality. Would the police treat a white guy similar to a black guy? Why do police have the power to be judges and punish/beat the criminal instead of putting him before a court? Why not seperation of power, the executive and legislative?

Edited by lover

1 hour ago, lover said:

I just want to discuss robbery and racism. The robbery took place because the man was poor and had to feed his family. Ok, of course, everyone will say it is not justified and still a crime, which it is. But why is it that sport stars, bankers and entertainers get millions, while normal cleaners can't feed their family?

Where did you get this from?

G. Floyd was arrested for allegedly passing a counterfeit $20 bill.

38 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

A life that is not corrupted by the ghetto or arrogance is a life that matters. lf it is the contrary, then it doesn’t matter. 

.                                                                                                                   ^^                           ^

Partially corrected. ls "contrary" the word you want?

Blacks have had a rough history in America and realistically on planet Earth at large. 

There was historic slavery. There was eventual "freedom" but with continued segregation. There was the civil rights movement and now there is more "freedom", but racism is something that can take generations to overcome. It's something that ultimately never really goes away either and will probably always be a part of America, and really the world over. But as a melting pot of a country, we have a responsibility to respect and love one another.

Inner city crime stimulates that racism, and that further results in distrust in police departments if their officers are unrighteously killing others.

I think black lives matters is good because it raises attention of police brutality and calls for police departments to do some internal tuning of their practices. How they handle certain crimes, who they hire, how they train people. If there was never a civil rights movement or a civil war, we wouldn't be anywhere. Black lives matter is taking it further to bring about changes in police brutality. And this is going to be a continued work in progress. 

CBS News at 0700 said a CNN crew has been arrest while they themselves were ordered to back down the street.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacaob Frey ordered police to abandon the 3rd Precinct building to protect both officers and the public.

I just finished watching Waco last night (Netflix). I highly recommend that you all watch it if you really want a good grasp of how American Law Enforcement thinks & pay special attention to the "5000 to 1" comments made by Shea Wigham's "HRT Agent Mitch Decker" character. At least 50% of police at the state and federal level view the citizenry with complete and utter contempt & that's why I believe that law enforcement need to be held to ridiculously high standards for behavior and conduct.

Most Americans are fed-up with the two-tiered system of justice that imprisons the poor & working class in for-profit prisons while allowing thugs like these three cops and the wealthy to walk free with a stern talking-to; so I'm not surprised at all about what's going on in Minneapolis & I'm actually amazed that it's not worse than it already is. These types of incidents have to stop occurring or eventually that "5000 to 1" ratio is going to boil over nationally. On that day, state and federal law enforcement will understand that such is the reward that they have earned for themselves- that it's entirely their doing and they have no one left to blame: not blacks, not liberals, not patriotic conservatives-- they will have made their beds and will be forced to lie in them. I will be hunkering down and letting the rest of the population deal with it, I am not going to have blood on my hands for any reason... that's not what I am about and if it was, I would have gone off to the Army seventeen years ago instead of rethinking my decision at the last possible moment.

America has to confront the contradictions inherent in it's current ordering of itself. Will it? That remains to be seen, and is in Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hands.

3 hours ago, lover said:

Robbery

It was not robbery. I've read conflicting reports, but none say robbery. I've read that he tried to write a bad check, or that he attempted to use a fake $20 bill. Either way, he was refused his purchase from the Target store, he was leaving peacefully and without incident, the manager called the police, he was (on video) being arrested peacefully. And then the next video is of his murder by a group of violent policemen while crying for help. 

Even if it had been robbery, it doesn't justify murder. Certainly usually when white people commit non-violent financial crimes they aren't murdered by the police for it. 

7 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Is burning down Target justified?

@hasanhh @notme

Not justified, but understandable. 

Peaceful protest was met with tear gas and rubber bullets, and over the past century has rarely worked. 

In any event, a building full of stuff is never more valuable than a human life. 

Edited by notme

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Where did you get this from?

G. Floyd was arrested for allegedly passing a counterfeit $20 bill.

Ohh, that's even worse for the police in USA and the politicians who do nothing or do things even worse.

My view is that if "All lives matter" it would be reflective of a just society. A just society would be a peaceful society. When there is no peace, there is no justice. Injustice must not stand or become law of the land (rule of law). Black lives matter! Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) abhors injustice.

Leland Melvin is one of the most admirable public people that I can think of. 

What he said, that's why the United States needs to be reminded that Black Lives Matter. 

Edited by notme

3 hours ago, GD41586 said:

At least 50% of police at the state and federal level view the citizenry with complete and utter contempt & that's why I believe that law enforcement need to be held to ridiculously high standards for behavior and conduct.

Cops, prosecutors, judges and all deal with so much negative stuff they start to put people in only two categories: people who commit crimes and people who will commit crimes. l have heard them say this before l ever read this.

@hasanhh I see you've given me the "please explain" reaction. Were you able to watch the video? 

He says that it's tragic and inexplicable that as technologically advanced as we are, we still have systemic racism and that police departments need to hold their people accountable.

Mr. Melvin is a former football player, former NASA astronaut, writer and science communicator. He seems to be as good as it gets as a role model among media figures. He was in Florida for the planned rocket launch. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

@hasanhh

Mr. Melvin is a former football player, former NASA astronaut, writer and science communicator. He seems to be as good as it gets as a role model among media figures. He was in Florida for the planned rocket launch. 

Don't know him.

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Don't know him.

I never heard of him before, but his video is sincere. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Leland Melvin is his name.

35 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Don't know him.

25 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

I never heard of him before, but his video is sincere. 

Well I've never personally met him, but I've read his book and I pay attention to space stuff, plus he's lived in at least two of the places where I've lived. He's currently involved in worldwide community work that I support. 

Edited by notme
Typo

19 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Following the tragic death of George Floyd

The policeman is in custody. 

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Good.

Police must be held to a higher standard than civilians because they are agents of the state who are given license to use violence as per the social contract. If I had my way, police would be robotic AIs who would primarily use nonlethal/less-lethal methods to gain compliance. Like Robocop just way less violent.

Guest guest
38 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Third degree murder is the charge. I hope his arrest stops the arson and looting.