Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaofAli12

Extreme Doubts in Salah

Rate this topic

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have this problem in Salah after doing a certain act, i would doubt whether or not i did them. For example, i make tarkbiratul ehram and whilst reading al-fatiha, i forget if did the takbir. This would happen for anything. Likewise, going into sujud, i'd forget whether i made the ruku. I also get confused to how much sajdahs i make one,two or sometimes even 3. I forget whether i did tashahud or not. It also does happen a bit outside of salah, like this doubt problem.

Anyone whose been in the same situation, or any kind brother/ sister, please give me some advice, what should i do, because it affects my concentration in salah, and literally spent so much time contemplating whether i completed the salah correctly or not. I dont know, it just causes alot of pain.

Thank You!

Wa'Salam,

Say the Takbiratul Ehram loudly, louder than just mumbling with yourself, while touching your ears. Perhaps recite the Mustahab dua before Takbir, you can find below:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2220/

Do all the Takbeers in your prayers loudly like this. As for remembering Ruku, when you go into Ruku, look at your feet and move the fingers once or twice, if you have doubt again if you did Ruku or not, remember motion of the fingers. For the Sujud and Rakaat, they have special device with Turbah on top which will let you know the Rakat and Sujood you did. Get that, if not then grab two Turbahs, place on under your forehead, the other under your nose. Move position of the one under your nose when you get up from the first Sajdah, this way you know you did the first.

Basically you get the idea. Just get yourself visual cues of each thing you seem to forget so you remember the visual cue and it reminds you.

P.S. Read up the Tauzeeh, there are points mentioned about doubts in Salah.

Edited by Dreamcatcher

It may be shayateen playing tricks. The best attitude to give them is a "I couldn't care less" one, that really annoys them and lets them know they're wasting their time. It's a very unique feeling that almost never happens to me outside of religious matters so I suspect shenanigans as soon as I feel it. If I forgot to say something in salah, I should know it as I would in any other context, not wonder if I did. And if I wonder, I should ask myself if my mind was drifting while praying. If not, I just carry on with the prayer, not caring if I accidentally did 37 ruk3at. Let your qareen know that you don't care. It's like how people overcome OCD, they have to stop caring

Sorry if that was incoherent, I'm sleep deprived today

Edited by guest 2025

Salaam alaykom

So certian rules may help you

Tajawoz when one doubts after they enterd another part if they did the previous part. They are to ignore the doubt.

Second  if your shaks al kather (excessive doubter) just ignore the doubt. By following the excessive doubt one is worshipping shaytan. So reform by ignoring it in the pleasure of Allah.

If your not excessive doubts you can still use tajawoz rule and but also apply the rules for doubt mentioned In fiqh books for normal random doubts. Such as dou ting between 3rd and 4th  rakaat

Edited by Rohani

If you want to help yourself, read this whole post start to end. iA it will be helpful. 

--

"The month of Ramadan that wherein the Qur'an was sent down to be a guidance for mankind, and as clear signs of guidance and a criterion (between right and wrong). Therefore, whoever of you is present (at his home) during the month, he shall fast therein and whoever is sick or on a journey, he shall then (fast) the same number of other days; Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire hardship for you; so you should complete the number (of days decreed), and exalt Allah for His having guided you, and that haply you might be grateful (to Him)."

--

The primary evidence is the hadith of Imam as-Sadiq, which is considered sahih and is narrated by Zurarah. He asked Imam as-Sadiq about whether or not a person who doubts if they have slept has to do wudhu again (since sleep invalidates wudhu):
‎لا حتى يستيقن انه قد نام حتى يجئ من ذلك أمر بين و إلا فإنّه على يقين من وضوئه و لا ينقض اليقين أبداً بالشك و لكن ينقضه بيقين آخر
No, not until he is absolutely certain that he has slept. This is because he was certain that he was on wudhu, and certainty is never broken by doubt. Certainty is only broken by another certainty.

https://www.iqraonline.net/principle-of-istishab-and-its-types/

--

Muhammad ibn Ya’qub al-Kulayni (M) who reports from Muhammad ibn Yahya, from Ahmad ibn Muhammad, from Ibn Mahbub, from ‘Abd Allah ibn Sinan, who said: I mentioned to Abu ‘Abd Allah (A) (Imam Sadiq (a)) a man who was troubled by waswas in his wudu, and salat, adding that he is a man of intelligence. Thereupon Abu ‘Abd Allah (A) said, “What kind of intelligence has he when he obeys Satan?” I said, “How does he obey Satan?” The Imam replied, “Ask him regarding its cause and he will tell you that it is a work of Satan.”1

He (i.e. the Prophet) said, “Satan lays his snout, which is like the snout of a pig, on the heart of the son of Adam, and instigates him to turn towards the world (dunya) and that which God has not made lawful. But when he remembers God, Satan slinks away.” Majma’ al-bahrayn, under “kh.n.s.,” p. 305

--

You must take the time to read this start to end. It's a must read:

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-hadith-an-exposition-second-edition-imam-khomeini/twenty-fifth-hadith-satanic-insinuation

--

You must watch this video below. The Shaykh mentions a story of a guy who had a very similar issue to you and went to the late Grand Ayatollah Boroujerdi (may Allah bess his soul) for help. The shaykh shares in the video the Grand Ayatollah's response:

Edited by AStruggler

Jazakum Allah

On 5/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, Dreamcatcher said:

Just get yourself visual cues of each thing you seem to forget so you remember the visual cue and it reminds you.

I did like you said, visual cues and they work alhamdulillah. Like I remember doing ruku and sajdahs, i just need more time so the doubts leave. One thing else, sometime when i do these i feel like i might concentrating on the cues more than what i am saying. Does this just get better over time.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:28 AM, guest 2025 said:

Let your qareen know that you don't care. It's like how people overcome OCD, they have to stop caring

Sorry if that was incoherent, I'm sleep deprived today

I understand what you mean, i just have to ignore this doubts and stop caring about them. But because it happened in Ramadan as well,  can it mean that its just me causing these doubts?.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:02 AM, Rohani said:

Tajawoz when one doubts after they enterd another part if they did the previous part. They are to ignore the doubt.

Second  if your shaks al kather (excessive doubter) just ignore the doubt. By following the excessive doubt one is worshipping shaytan. So reform by ignoring it in the pleasure of Allah.

If your not excessive doubts you can still use tajawoz rule and but also apply the rules for doubt mentioned In fiqh books for normal random doubts. Such as dou ting between 3rd and 4th  rakaat

So i just have to ignore these doubts, its gonna be hard but never going to stop trying.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, AStruggler said:

If you want to help yourself, read this whole post start to end. iA it will be helpful. 

Thanks for the video and the explanations!

Thank you all for the wonderful advice, may Allah bless you in this life and the akhirah.

12 hours ago, ShiaofAli12 said:

Jazakum Allah

I did like you said, visual cues and they work alhamdulillah. Like I remember doing ruku and sajdahs, i just need more time so the doubts leave. One thing else, sometime when i do these i feel like i might concentrating on the cues more than what i am saying. Does this just get better over time.

I understand what you mean, i just have to ignore this doubts and stop caring about them. But because it happened in Ramadan as well,  can it mean that its just me causing these doubts?.

So i just have to ignore these doubts, its gonna be hard but never going to stop trying.

Thanks for the video and the explanations!

Thank you all for the wonderful advice, may Allah bless you in this life and the akhirah.

Insha Allah yes to defeat them. Insha Allah they will vanish soon from you and remember to implore Allah for help whole your practising ignoring them.