Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
randomly curious

Sermon Of Mawla Abbas (عليه السلام) On The Roof Of Kaaba

Rate this topic

Salam! I feel that in recent years, the narration of Karbala has changed a lot. People put great emphasis on fact that Ahlul Bayt were majboor not mazloom. Majboor is someone who has no choice, mazloom is someone who has a choice but still does sabar. Shia point of view seems to be that majboor doesn't deserve sympathy, only mazloom deserves sympathy. Considering that most humans are infact majboor, they don't have super powers and when they face oppression, they cannot protest. I can relate more to people who are majboor. 

I will give you an example. Once I was listening to masaib, and they said: No one was willing to go near Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)) or cut His head because they were all so scared of Him. I will be honest, I stopped crying the minute I heard this sentence. Also the above sermon creates some doubts in my mind. It sounds like a powerful man is attacked by a child or a weak person and that powerful man is answering with threats: It is only because of will of Allah that I am not attacking you. Otherwise I would have attacked you. As soon as you die, I will give you much more pain than the pain you gave me. 

Yes, the Imams were given super powers but they were also given Akhlaq. I am sure they didn't act like the regular super heroes we find in children's books. You cannot expect from regular mortals, who are all majboor, to relate to their sufferings while constantly taunting them that they were mazloom, not majboor. 

Edited by rkazmi33