Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
BTS

Ruby/Turquoise rings

Rate this topic

Salam! Can anyone wear Ruby/Turquoise (Aqeeq/Feroza) rings regardless of their "birth month" or is it the opposite?

Jazak Allah.

Salam Alykum,

There is an Hadith that the angel Gabriel descended down upon Prophet Muhammad to deliver Allahs Salam upon him, and advise him to wear an Aqiq ring, and to recommend his followers to follow this tradition. 

You can wear any ring you want whether it be Aqeeq, Feroza, Dhur Najaf, Ruby etc on the right hand..... men are prohibited from wearing gold just as a disclaimer. 

The Imams have recommended a believer wear, and pray with an Aqeeq ring. Imam Jaffer As Sadiq even said that a prayer with an Aqeeq ring is 40 times better than one prayed without. 

Anyways, you can wear any ring you'd like, however, most people wear either Aqeeq usually from Yemen, Feroza, or Dhur Najaf. I think birth month based on gem stones is a western philosophy ..... 

WS

On 5/27/2020 at 5:04 PM, YoungSkiekh313 said:

Salam Alykum,

There is an Hadith that the angel Gabriel descended down upon Prophet Muhammad to deliver Allahs Salam upon him, and advise him to wear an Aqiq ring, and to recommend his followers to follow this tradition. 

You can wear any ring you want whether it be Aqeeq, Feroza, Dhur Najaf, Ruby etc on the right hand..... men are prohibited from wearing gold just as a disclaimer. 

The Imams have recommended a believer wear, and pray with an Aqeeq ring. Imam Jaffer As Sadiq even said that a prayer with an Aqeeq ring is 40 times better than one prayed without. 

Anyways, you can wear any ring you'd like, however, most people wear either Aqeeq usually from Yemen, Feroza, or Dhur Najaf. I think birth month based on gem stones is a western philosophy ..... 

WS

Salam! Thanks for your reply. But I have heard that wearing stones not based on your birth month can have negative effects on you while wearing the right one can bring you some blessings (?)

My mom also kinda believes in that. But one thing 'bout this western philosophy that confuses me is that Diamond is also a birth stone (April, maybe). But then why they uses it to propose etc. Every single girl there wears diamond ring (who are taken). 

Idk, why I wrote above thing, anyways.. are you sure they will not have any negative effects on me if I wear one? Cas my mom doesn't let me wear one as she says these are kinda crucial years of my life so I shouldn't take a risk. 

Jazak Allah!

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Salam! Thanks for your reply. But I have heard that wearing stones not based on your birth month can have negative effects on you while wearing the right one can bring you some blessings (?)

My mom also kinda believes in that. But one thing 'bout this western philosophy that confuses me is that Diamond is also a birth stone (April, maybe). But then why they uses it to propose etc. Every single girl there wears diamond ring (who are taken). 

Idk, why I wrote above thing, anyways.. are you sure they will not have any negative effects on me if I wear one? Cas my mom doesn't let me wear one as she says these are kinda crucial years of my life so I shouldn't take a risk. 

Jazak Allah!

Salam brother, 

Diamond rings weren't popular until in the 1930s, De Beers ( a diamond ring manufacturer) , created an amazing ad campaign that popularized the idea of diamond rings as engagement rings. Wearing diamond rings has nothing to do with birth month, but is the product of a brilliant marketing/advertising scheme. 

Our Imam's have recommend Aqeeq rings for believers, and various other rings I mentioned. You will not be negatively effected by them, and if you are still concerned just wear the AQEEQ ring to put your mind at ease. Aqeeq ring is recommended to all believers BTW, you should be wearing one. 

Do not believe in these superstitions brother.

WS 

2 hours ago, YoungSkiekh313 said:

Salam brother, 

Diamond rings weren't popular until in the 1930s, De Beers ( a diamond ring manufacturer) , created an amazing ad campaign that popularized the idea of diamond rings as engagement rings. Wearing diamond rings has nothing to do with birth month, but is the product of a brilliant marketing/advertising scheme. 

Our Imam's have recommend Aqeeq rings for believers, and various other rings I mentioned. You will not be negatively effected by them, and if you are still concerned just wear the AQEEQ ring to put your mind at ease. Aqeeq ring is recommended to all believers BTW, you should be wearing one. 

Do not believe in these superstitions brother.

WS

Thanks for taking time for this question. But sorrry I didn't asked it before, it just came into my mind that can I wear any stone like Topaz, Alexandrite, Emerald and Sapphire etc.?

I would appreciate your reply. Jazak Allah!

29 minutes ago, BTS said:

Thanks for taking time for this question. But sorrry I didn't asked it before, it just came into my mind that can I wear any stone like Topaz, Alexandrite, Emerald and Sapphire etc.?

I would appreciate your reply. Jazak Allah!

I haven't come across any Hadith that advises to stay away from certain gemstones as it may bring about negative omens. 

Therefore, you can wear any ring you'd like whether its Aqeeq, Emerald or a stone you found outside LOL. 

If you are a man, just don't wear gold jewelry, and there are narrations from the prophet that strictly prohibited men from wearing brass rings while praying, and better not wear a ring made from iron. This also applies to women as well,  It's better not to wear a ring made from iron, or brass and should be made from silver. 

WS 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:58 AM, YoungSkiekh313 said:

I haven't come across any Hadith that advises to stay away from certain gemstones as it may bring about negative omens. 

Therefore, you can wear any ring you'd like whether its Aqeeq, Emerald or a stone you found outside LOL. 

If you are a man, just don't wear gold jewelry, and there are narrations from the prophet that strictly prohibited men from wearing brass rings while praying, and better not wear a ring made from iron. This also applies to women as well,  It's better not to wear a ring made from iron, or brass and should be made from silver. 

WS 

I heard that it was advised to avoid wearing iron for too long but it is advised to wear it still all by amer al momineen, for it provides strength and military might, i have also heard he used to wear it before going into battle.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:47 AM, Askarollah said:

I heard that it was advised to avoid wearing iron for too long but it is advised to wear it still all by amer al momineen, for it provides strength and military might, i have also heard he used to wear it before going into battle.

This is in reference to a stone named 'Hadeed Seeni' or 'Chinese Iron' not the material of the ring itself which I believe historically, has been silver. You are correct in that it's advised not to wear the Hadeed Seeni ring all the time but only in specific situations as Imam Ali (عليه السلام) wore it during battles.