Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

There is a story of Jesus recounted by both Matthew (Chapter 11) and by Luke (Chapter 7) where John sends a message to Jesus asking if Jesus is the person that the people were expecting.  After the messengers leave and return to John, Jesus talks about John and says

Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way before you.’

This is a quote from the prophet Malachi who lived 400 years before Jesus This is what God revealed through Malachi (Chapter 3:1)

“I will send my messenger,
who will prepare the way before me.”  says the
Lord Almighty.

The Almighty God says he will come and that someone would prepare the way for his coming.

Jesus says that Yahya is that messenger preparing the way for God Almighty to come.  When we read the story of Yahya he points people to Jesus.

What does that say about Jesus?

It simply says God’s representative (Just like the others) will come after some John has given glad tidings of his coming, obviously that person must be some one in a high position, which is the case because he is a Messenger, prophet and messiah. 

Hi both of prophet Yahya (عليه السلام) & prophet  Isa (عليه السلام) [Jesus] were pointing  to coming of messenger  of Allah the prophet  Muhammad  (pbu) but in translations of Bible it's mistaken by coming of God also martyrdom of prophet Yahya (عليه السلام) was very similar to martyrdom of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) even head of two of them after beheading hold in same place in Syria  

The Umayyad Mosque (Arabic: الجامع الاموي) is an old mosque with many artistic works which was built by the order of the Umayyad caliph Walid b. 'Abd al-Malik (d. 96/715). The architectural style of this mosque is borrowed from Byzantine style. The Maqam of Khidr (a), Prophet Hud (a), Prophet Yahya (a), Maqam of Imam al-Sajjad (a) and Ra's al-Husayn (a) (the place of the head of Imam al-Husayn (a)) are in this mosque. Imam al-Sajjad (a) gave the speech eliminating about the Battle of Karbala in this mosque.

There is a mosque with the same name in AleppoSyria.

East Minaret: this Ma'dhana is known as Minaret al-Bayda' and Minaret 'Isa. They say that when the End of the Time comes, Prophet Jesus (a) will descend upon this minaret.

300px-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%87_%D8%B9%DB%8C%D8%B3%DB%8C%28%D8%B9%29.jpg

Minaret al-Bayda'

Signs and Stations of Prophets (s) in the Mosque

The Station and Burial Place of the Head of Prophet Yahya (a)

Darih of Yahya (a)

According to verses of the Qur'an, God granted Prophet Zakariyya (a) a son in old ages and named him Yahya.[1] Since his youth, he (a) was God-wary and always prayed at al-Aqsa Mosque and did not associate with worldly people. When Prophet Jesus (a) began his mission as a prophet, Yahya (a) testified to it and then he (a) was murdered by the order of Roman client king of Judea.

300px-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%85_%DB%8C%D8%AD%DB%8C%DB%8C.jpg

Darih of Yahya (a)

Place of the Descent of Jesus (a)Darih of Yahya (a)

It is narrated from the Prophet (s) that Jesus (a) will descend beside the east minaret of Damascus which is now the location of Jami' al-Umawi and that the stone which Prophet Moses (a) hit in the mount Tur by his stick and twelve springs flew from exists beside that minaret.

Station of Ra's al-Husayn (a)

Ra's al-Husayn in Umayyad Mosque

Main article: Maqam Ra's al-Husayn (a)

There are four halls in rectangle shape in the mosque which have been named after the caliphs. Station of Ali (a) which later became known as Ra's al-Husayn (a). When the caravan of the captives of Karbala and the heads of martyrs were being moved toward Damascus, the blessed head of Imam al-Husayn (a) was held behind all the heads, in front of women and the family of Imam al-Husayn (a). Later, Yazid ordered to take the blessed head of Imam al-Husayn (a) out of his gathering and hang together with the heads of other martyrs at the gate of the palace for three days. Then, they took the head down and put it at the north east of the mosque in a small room.

300px-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%85_%D8%B1%D8%A3%D8%B3_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B3%DB%8C%D9%86_%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AC%D8%AF_%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%88%DB%8C.jpg

The Place of Christians' Baptism
Half of the present mosque (the east half) was a church which was added to the other half at the time of Walid and the church was destroyed. In this half, twenty meters from the east entrance of the hall, there is the remaining of a cylinder and a well which they say that Christians used for the baptism of their children. This place has been respected for them. Currently, this well and its cylinders which are made of marble stone are there but the well is covered.

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Umayyad_Mosque

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 5/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, THREE1THREE said:

It simply says God’s representative (Just like the others) will come after some John has given glad tidings of his coming, obviously that person must be some one in a high position, which is the case because he is a Messenger, prophet and messiah. 

Thank you for yout response!

Yes John gave glad tidings of Jesus' coming

Qur'an Al-Imran 3:39 Allah giveth thee glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John, (who cometh) to confirm a word from Allah lordly, chaste, a prophet of the righteous.

Qur'an Maryam 19:12  (And it was said unto his son): O John! Hold fast the Scripture. And we gave him wisdom when a child,

John - Yahya - Was a prophet - Jesus called him one of the greatest prophets.  He knew the scriptures and proclaimed the coming of one after him.  This is what he said about that person: (NT Matthew Chapter 3)

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

People asked John to say who he was and he replied (NT John Chapter 1)

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”

The quote is from the prophet Isaiah who rote more than 500 years before this event.  (OT Isaiah chapter 40)

A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
    the way for the Lord;
make straight in the desert
    a highway for our God.

The word used by Isaiah "LORD" is a synonim for GOD

John clearly understood himself as preparing the way for The LORD / GOD.  And when we read the other stories of Jesus Matthew, Mark and Luke all refer to this idea of Yahya (John) preparing the way for God, himself, to come.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, THREE1THREE said:

obviously that person must be some one in a high position, which is the case because he is a Messenger, prophet and messiah. 

Yes Jesus was all three of these

Messanger - He brought the message of God's Kingdom - Calling people to come and experience the transforming reign of God in their lives

Prophet - He proclaimed the future dispersion of the nation of Israel and He looked forward to the last days of this world and also declaired propheticly that he, Himself, would come at the end of time to judge the world with God's authority and right judgment.

Messiah - This is an amazing title contining references to God's anointed representitive, coming with God's power and authority, speaking God's words.

Yahya definately spoke amazing things about Jesus

On 5/28/2020 at 5:36 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Hi both of prophet Yahya (عليه السلام) & prophet  Isa (عليه السلام) [Jesus] were pointing  to coming of messenger  of Allah the prophet  Muhammad  (pbu) but in translations of Bible it's mistaken by coming of God

Hi There Ashvazdanghe

Your post is soooo interesting! I love the pictures and your explinations - they give a real insight into what you believe and follow.  I apreciate you sharing them.

Yahya was definately pointing to someone coming - when he saw Jesus he said (NT John Chapter 1)

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

John saw himself as pointing to Jesus.

Jesus talked about his own future coming.  I wonder if you could tell me where he talks about the coming of another person?

About translations of the Bible being 'mistaken', I find that hard to understand.  So many people have translated the Bible into so many different langaguages over many many centuries and we have many early manuscripts in the original language to translate from that I think it would be hard for all those people to make such a big 'mistake'.

The Jews at the time of Jesus were looking for a 'coming one'  The previous prophets were clear that in some way God, himself, would come.  Both Yahya and Jesus saw in Jesus the fulfilment of these words.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:36 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

They say that when the End of the Time comes, Prophet Jesus (a) will descend

It is great that we are waiting for Jesus to decend from heaven - are we ready for his coming and what that will entail?

Thanks for the info about where the head of John is buried - I didn'y know that - It is really interesting!

“that Yahya is that messenger preparing the way for God Almighty to come.”

It is part of the Tanakh’s style to use this kind of speech meaning God’s representative not God literally coming on earth other wise that would’ve happened long time ago before jesus came to exsistince according to the Tanakh if we take that kind of speech literally, it is used many times in OT, in surprised you didn’t know anything about this kind of speech..... unless that was a desperate attempt. 

You seem to avoid Malachi 3:6 and 2 chronicles 2:6, 6:18. The verses are pretty clear. 

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30

This has been added by the Pauline’s, Paul’s epistles predate the 4 gospels so obviously when the gospels were written Pauline elements had to be added in order to make his Hellenistic beliefs triumphant over the beliefs that Jesus brought. 

3 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

The word "lamb" at this time in Judea -as also used in the OT- meant scapegoat.

Lamb is used as an explanatory symbol two ways in the OT: as scapegoat and as a pejorative.

2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

The word "lamb" at this time in Judea -as also used in the OT- meant scapegoat.

Lamb is used as an explanatory symbol two ways in the OT: as scapegoat and as a pejorative.

The context is pretty clear.... very desperate.. attempt with all due respect. 

4 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

judge the world

Jesus won’t be Judging the world he will be showing the scripture in his hand and his own followers accordingly to differentiate between the truthful ones and imposters in his time and he will show clear verses and interpretation of the Torah in their hands about him. And he will guide the people towards the truth. 

What is "desperate" and what is "clear?"

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 

the context is pretty clear, john calls jesus the “lamb” because before, Jews used to sacrifice lambs for their sins after seeking forgiveness, jesus is ultimate lamb for mankind to clear their sins. Now obviously the Paulines ignore abrogation on sacrifices. But the context of this passage is clear and a clever alterations. 

Dave, Followerer of the way

In John 1:21 and John 1:25 the question is ask of John if he was the Christ, Elias, or the Prophet? John denies all three. But I heard somewhere that Jesus ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) later revealed that John was indeed Elias. These verses show that the Jews were not just looking for the Messiah but also looking for the Prophet which is Muhammad((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). 

2 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Yes but this what added passage betrays. 

The context is pretty clear. 

Betrays what?

As to context we have covered that and basically agree.

1 minute ago, THREE1THREE said:

Jesus is the lamb that is to be offered as sacrifice for mankind’s sins. 

This passage was added by the Paulines. 

Jesus is not a "lamb" but a rasulallah and the Messiah.

Only the God of Noah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). forgives for the Last Day before you die and the judgement/sentence written into your book.

Jesus is not a "lamb" but a rasulallah and the Messiah.

Only the God of Noah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). forgives for the Last Day before you die and the judgement/sentence written into your book.

Yes I know that, hence why I said this passage was added by the Paulines, Paul’s epistles predate the 4 gospels so obviously it will have Pauline elements in them. 

4 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

Yes I know that, hence why I said this passage was added by the Paulines, Paul’s epistles predate the 4 gospels so obviously it will have Pauline elements in them. 

Maybe.

1 hour ago, Joshua Bin Medellin said:

revealed that John was indeed Elias.

No he has the power of Elias, read the gospel of Luke when his father hears the good news from God.

the Jews did expect prophet Elias to return some were of the opinion he would return when the messiah comes.

jesus’ disciples asked the same question to jesus. 

10The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

11Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

verse 13 was added by the Paulines it was a clever alteration. This passage shows that Jesus will be persecuted like prophet Elias and also saved from death like prophet Elias. 

13 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

It is part of the Tanakh’s style to use this kind of speech meaning God’s representative not God literally coming on earth other wise that would’ve happened long time ago before jesus came to exsistince according to the Tanakh if we take that kind of speech literally, it is used many times in OT, in surprised you didn’t know anything about this kind of speech..... unless that was a desperate attempt. 

No desperate attempt - sorry if that's how you interpret it!

Verses about God coming to earth to act are very common throughout the Old Testament.  Why can't they be taken literally? God tells people he will come and deal with evil and rebelion.  Why does it have to happen straight away? The people were waiting for a deliverer, they understood the Prophets to have fortold someone special was going to come, but they had no idea of who or what he would be like.  Lets look at one example the Prophet Ezekiel Chapter 34

11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look, I myself will search for my sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will seek out my flock. I will rescue them from all the places where they have been scattered on a cloudy, dark day. 13 I will bring them out from among the peoples and gather them from foreign countries; I will bring them to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams and all the inhabited places of the land. 14 In a good pasture I will feed them; the mountain heights of Israel will be their pasture. There they will lie down in a lush pasture, and they will feed on rich grass on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will feed my sheep and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord. 16 I will seek the lost and bring back the strays; I will bandage the injured and strengthen the sick, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them—with judgment!

This could be interpreted metiphorically - God at a distance would care for his people like a shepherd from a distance way up in heaven bring them back.  But see how Jesus alludes to this passage in John chapter 10  (Sorry it is so long - do take the trouble to read it - thanks) He had come to do what God said he would do. No metaphore but an actuality God himself coming to be the shepherd.

Jesus said, “I am telling you the truth: the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who goes in through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him; the sheep hear his voice as he calls his own sheep by name, and he leads them out. When he has brought them out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. They will not follow someone else; instead, they will run away from such a person, because they do not know his voice.”

Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he meant.

So Jesus said again, “I am telling you the truth: I am the gate for the sheep. All others who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Those who come in by me will be saved; they will come in and go out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life—life in all its fullness.

11 “I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep. 12 When the hired man, who is not a shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees a wolf coming, he leaves the sheep and runs away; so the wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hired man runs away because he is only a hired man and does not care about the sheep. 14-15 I am the good shepherd. As the Father knows me and I know the Father, in the same way I know my sheep and they know me. And I am willing to die for them. 16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become[a] one flock with one shepherd.

17 “The Father loves me because I am willing to give up my life, in order that I may receive it back again. 18 No one takes my life away from me. I give it up of my own free will. I have the right to give it up, and I have the right to take it back. This is what my Father has commanded me to do.”

You seem to avoid Malachi 3:6 and 2 chronicles 2:6, 6:18. The verses are pretty clear. 

Lets look at these verses Mal 3:6 “I am the Lord, and I do not change. And so you, the descendants of Jacob, are not yet completely lost.

God is a faithful God who is always reliable, consistant, and trustworthy.  That's a great promise - I have no doubt about his forgiveness and aceptance of me.

2 Chronicles 2:6 Yet no one can really build a temple for God, because even all the vastness of heaven cannot contain him. How then can I build a temple that would be anything more than a place to burn incense to God?

2 Chronicles 6:18 “But can you, O God, really live on earth among men and women? Not even all of heaven is large enough to hold you, so how can this Temple that I have built be large enough?

These verses are, as you say - "clear".  God is so vast, big, almighty, that nothing we can make or imagine can contain him.  That's the sort of God I want to serve.  Not a God who fits into my comfortable interlectual packets.

So how does that fit with Jesus being God in the flesh - God living among us?  I can not tell you the machanics, the way this happened.  But I know that while God remained uncontainable he chose in Jesus to be humbled and to be contained.  The exciting thing about the Trinity is that it allows for the uncontainable God to come and share our humanity.  It also makes it possible for God himself in all his greatness and uncontainablity to come, through his Holy Spirit ,to live inside people like you and me. 

I am so in awe of a God who didn't remain uncontainable and vast and distant, but out of his great love and mercy, chose to come to his creation so that our realtionship with him could be restored, so we would know for certain that God understands our fraility and our pain.  That's the God I want to love, serve and worship, All the time recognising that he is vast and uncontainable.

This has been added by the Pauline’s, Paul’s epistles predate the 4 gospels so obviously when the gospels were written Pauline elements had to be added in order to make his Hellenistic beliefs triumphant over the beliefs that Jesus brought. 

12 hours ago, THREE1THREE said:

Now obviously the Paulines 

I want to ask you a question. Where do you get the idea that Pauline elements got inserted into the gospels?  Have you read and studied the Gospels and the letters of Paul yourself? 

What makes you want to discredit the New Testament in this way?

Please read my posts and see whether I discredit the Qur'an.  The New Testament is one of the four books you, as a Muslim, are called upon to believe.  How can you, with such sweeping comments, nulify the teaching of - your prophet Jesus, and the books which the Qur'an says are light and guidence?

Al Maidah 5:46  And We sent after them in their footsteps Isa, son of Marium, verifying what was before him of the Taurat and We gave him the Injeel in which was guidance and light, and verifying what was before it of Taurat and a guidance and an admonition for those who guard (against evil).

5 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

These verses are, as you say - "clear".  God is so vast, big, almighty, that nothing we can make or imagine can contain him.  That's the sort of God I want to serve.  Not a God who fits into my comfortable interlectual packets.

This is where the trinitarian arrogance comes into play to mistranslate verses to support their baseless pagan doctrine. If you read Hebrew you would know that is a rubbish translation. 

But anyway it backfires. 

5 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

because even all the vastness of heaven cannot contain him.

You saying God is “big” and “vast” gives God a form which then limits God and makes Him not omnipresent, Omniscient and omnipotent

now the fact that you say God came in the flesh of jesus, you are limiting God the same way as I have mentioned above by giving God a form. And also you are switching to Modalism. 

God not be Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent and not omnipresent, Omniscient, omnipotent at the exact same time, that’s irrational and illogical 

The verse is showing that no matter how vast a place can be it cannot contain God because God is omnipresent! Otherwise you would be limiting God by confining Him. 

7 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

This could be interpreted metiphorically

You know very well that it is metaphorical. 

God uses messagers and prophets to guide people, God used Jesus as a Messenger to guide the people, read John 10:34.

8 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

11 “I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep. 12 When the hired man, who is not a shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees a wolf coming, he leaves the sheep and runs away; so the wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hired man runs away because he is only a hired man and does not care about the sheep. 14-15 I am the good shepherd. As the Father knows me and I know the Father, in the same way I know my sheep and they know me. And I am willing to die for them. 16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become[a] one flock with one shepherd.

17 “The Father loves me because I am willing to give up my life, in order that I may receive it back again. 18 No one takes my life away from me. I give it up of my own free will. I have the right to give it up, and I have the right to take it back. This is what my Father has commanded me to do.”

This part has been added by Pauline and a very clever addition. 

As for the rest, it is a parable showing that any other false messiah before him was a deceiver and that the true followers of Christ well not listen to a message that contradicts Christ’s message in the future and that Jesus is door to salvation, he has the knowledge that will grant you salvation. 

7 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Where do you get the idea that Pauline elements got inserted into the gospels?  Have you read and studied the Gospels and the letters of Paul yourself? 

What makes you want to discredit the New Testament in this way?

Yes I have a fair amount of knowledge on the epistles and the gospel(s) 

if you do a proper deep research you willl find that the epistles of Paul are older then the 4 gospels. 

If you look in Paul’s epistle Galatians you will see that Paul had a gospel of his own while another gospel exsisted 

“6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all.” 

The people recognised that what Paul is teaching contradicts the Law and the prophets after they were deceived by Paul and that the other gospel that existed in the time of Paul wasn’t contradicting. Obviously these Gospels no longer exsist with us but after Paul had killed and put so many of Jesus followers in jail and deceived so many people, when the gospel was rewritten their where many different gospels and most of them contained Pauline elements in them since Paul did a good job of wiping out pure monotheism and putting Hellenistic elements.  The true follower of Christ at that time no longer exsisted since they were oppressed early on by Paul and the Jews being killed and persecuted and then years later on persecuted and killed by the Romans alongside the early Arians hence why the original gospel no longer exists with us, the very early council  simply came to a conclusion to include the 4 gospels we have today with some of Paul’s epistles in a book which contained 22 books all up (which is called the Pe[Edited Out]ta) before the council happened different sects adhered to different gospels. 

The gospel of John itself is the most altered and is out of chronological order because of that. 

8 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

How can you, with such sweeping comments, nulify the teaching of - your prophet Jesus,

In the very beginning of Christianity Jesus was the walking Gospel. Everything was taught orally. 

Jesus didn’t preach he was God nor that he was the literal son of God nor the adopted son of God and he certainly didn’t call God the Father rather he called God “Allaha” and most definitely he wasn’t crucified and he certainly didn’t die for your sins and he preached to adhere to the laws and he adhered to Islam’s and Judaism’s concept of God. 

I personally believe the 4 gospels we have today contain truth in them, if you put the truth contained in them in chronological order it becomes a new reliable evangel which is full of guidance and light.

the evangel is biography of Jesus, behind every incident and parable their is a theology or a principle. 

Weather you discredit the Quran or not is nothing offensive it’s simply ur own conclusion. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Hi this prophecy not fulfilled about both of them but about" fire & unquenchable fire.” also some of our Imams challenged  with fire that they didn't burn with it & in both Shia & Sunni narration about signs of reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) & coming of Jesus prophet Isa (عليه السلام) & end times great fires mentioned & sacrifice of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was with blood & burning of his tents .

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things. (35)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.pickthall/24:35

On 5/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

The Jews at the time of Jesus were looking for a 'coming one'  The previous prophets were clear that in some way God, himself, would come.  Both Yahya and Jesus saw in Jesus the fulfilment of these words.

Jews rejected many prophets that after coming of last prophet 'coming one' both Christian & Jews rejected him although based on holy Quran at least Jews knew him better than anyone 

Those unto whom We gave the Scripture recognise (this revelation) as they recognise their sons. Those who ruin their own souls will not believe. (20)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.pickthall/6:20

(this is about people  that won't recognize him because of their Fanaticism )

Those unto whom We gave the Scripture recognise (this revelation) as they recognise their sons. But lo! a party of them knowingly conceal the truth. (146)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.pickthall/2:146

(another group that knows the truth but denies it)

O People of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you to make things plain unto you after an interval (of cessation) of the messengers, lest ye should say: There came not unto us a messenger of cheer nor any warner. Now hath a messenger of cheer and a warner come unto you. Allah is Able to do all things. (19) 

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.pickthall/5:19

from Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in Nahjul balagha

By Allah who sent the Prophet with faith and truth, you will be severely subverted, bitterly shaken as in sieving and fully mixed as by spooning in a cooking pot till your low persons become high and high ones become low, those who were behind would attain forward positions and those who were forward would become backward. By Allah, I have not concealed a single word or spoken any lie and I had been informed of this event and of this time.

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-16-my-word-guarantee-my-promise

On 5/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

John clearly understood himself as preparing the way for The LORD / GOD.  And when we read the other stories of Jesus Matthew, Mark and Luke all refer to this idea of Yahya (John) preparing the way for God, himself, to come.

It is an idiom which is used all over the Tanakh if was to be taken literally then the Jews wouldn’t believed God was a man. 

Exodus 7:1 “The Lord said to Moses, ‘See! I have made you a elohim over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.’

did Moses become God ? 

5 minutes ago, THREE1THREE said:

It is an idiom which is used all over the Tanakh if was to be taken literally then the Jews wouldn’t believed God was a man. 

Exodus 7:1 “The Lord said to Moses, ‘See! I have made you a elohim over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.’

did Moses become God ? 

No.

Some translations and the meaning is "l -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). have made you as a g.od to Pharoah" as Pharoah looks to Moses -(عليه السلام). as Pharoah use to look and hope upon Egyptian idols.

For the God of Noah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)., Allah = ha-Elohim = the God -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).