Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi

What is status of this narration on Eid - Sahih or Weak

Rate this topic

Guest Quran and Itrah

Well this is another level of Shi'ism if we are to take this as literal and begin mourning during Eid.

Brother I do not know about the authenticity of the narration given in OP but I mention here the following link that describes the importance of day of Eid in the light of sayings  of Masomeen (عليه السلام):

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

7 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

IMG-20200525-WA0001.thumb.jpg.7bd56db35a03fb2094fb0413f5a8dc4e.jpg

here is English Translation.

So you say, Imams did not pray Eidul Fitr and recited those duas? You are saying that Allah (عزّ وجلّ) made this day a Eid but Ahlebait differ with Him on celebrating it. Imams reminded us that even they were not spared from being oppressed on this day. However, they did not annul to celebrate it except that Muslims shall know they were oppressed because of being truthful about Islam.

Edited by Flying_Eagle

7 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

So you say, Imams did not pray Eidul Fitr and recited those duas? You are saying that Allah (عزّ وجلّ) made this day a Eid but Ahlebait differ with Him on celebrating it. Imams reminded us that even they were not spared from being oppressed on this day. However, they did not annul to celebrate it except that Muslims shall know they were oppressed because of being truthful about Islam.

Exactly.

Note: I do celebrate Eid. I just wanted to know if the narration used by opponents is authentic or not

13 hours ago, starlight said:

What's so offensive about this and how does it nullify Eid? This is normal. We all get sad remembering our loved ones on happy occasions, don't we? 

Sister the problem is faced in Indo Pak when just after the prayer of Eid a group comes in and begin the majalis and perfrom the Matmdari etc on this day. Claiming that it is the 10th day just after the matyrdom of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) so we should not celebrate eid . The above quoted hadith in OP or similar is presented and practically the sayings of imams for eid day are violated.  This may be observed at some locations.

I have already posted a thread for sayings of Imams about Eid in the last post. The link is also given below:

Keeping in view above scenario   OP has rightly presented this thread, wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

1 hour ago, Muslim2010 said:

Sister the problem is faced in Indo Pak when just after the prayer of Eid a group comes in and begin the majalis and perfrom the Matmdari etc on this day.

I saw a video by Shahenshah Naqvi just 2 days ago. He said he asked both Ayatullah Sistani(رضي الله عنه)and Khamenei(رضي الله عنه) about this and he has fatwa from both stating there is no problem with doing azadari after eid namaz.

I am not personally in favour of this. Those who don't want to join should just get up and leave quietly. 

The same is practic of leaving is followed by those who do not intend to be a part, but if this continues there is doubt that it may eliminate or severely affect the saying of prayers on Eid in our setup and more may come in the name of azadari only instead of celebrating eid as advised by imams. . wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

I have seen posts on social media regarding this and were very annoying. People refuse to celebrate Eid, wear black clothers, then do matam, zanjeer zani etc. And they call us Muqasirs which i hate the most. 

As for above narration, Ayatullah Khoei just mentioned that he is from companions of Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) and nothing else, so he is Majhool and such a narration has no value.

People thought I was trolling and laughed at me when I brought this up in a previous thread. However, these extremist who practice matam on eid are the group of people Imam Ali has warned us about in the following sermon from Nahjul Balagha:

With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority (of Muslims) because Allah's hand (of protection) is on keeping unity. You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is (a prey) to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is (a prey) to the wolf. Beware; whoever calls to this course, kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine. 

-Sermon 127

This Eid is a blessing from our creator. We do not have the right to override the divine blessings. I wish these malangs would stop trying to reinvent Islam. Malangs are in for a surprise on the day of Judgement insha’Allah.

10 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Exactly.

Note: I do celebrate Eid. I just wanted to know if the narration used by opponents is authentic or not

Well, Shahadat of Imam Ali a s, is a notable event that happened 8 or 9 days before Eid. So, every Imam had grief on that day for sadness of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) during those days. But, our Imams celebrated Eid and prayed on such day, and even meet people and greeted them. 

There is not a single hadith prohibiting from celebrating it from Masoomee but we shall remember Ahlebait in our days of comfort as Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) said:"Remember the thirsty one while you drink water".

Edited by Flying_Eagle

35 minutes ago, 786:) said:

However, these extremist who practice matam on eid are the group of people Imam Ali has warned us about in the following sermon from Nahjul Balagha

You're no one to decide that. 

I'm not sure what you think of Sayyed Sistani and Sayyed Khamenei. 

6 hours ago, starlight said:

I saw a video by Shahenshah Naqvi just 2 days ago. He said he asked both Ayatullah Sistani(رضي الله عنه)and Khamenei(رضي الله عنه) about this and he has fatwa from both stating there is no problem with doing azadari after eid namaz.

I am not personally in favour of this. Those who don't want to join should just get up and leave quietly. 

3 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You're no one to decide that. 

I'm not sure what you think of Sayyed Sistani and Sayyed Khamenei. 

Sure I am, especially when it is clear as day. These malangs who are borderline nuseris are trying to rewrite Islam. I can certainly decide who Imam Ali is talking about. Just like you can decide he is not talking about 12ers.

As for the fatwa, I am not surprised as they cannot label anything haram just because it is not best practice. Also matam is a sentimental institution for most Shia so it gets extra protection from the ulema in hopes to not trigger their muqallid.

6 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Also matam is a sentimental institution for most Shia so it gets extra protection from the ulema in hopes to not trigger their muqallid

You are basically saying Sayyed Ali Sistani would allow Matam because to keep their muqallid happy. That is some serious accusations. 

I don't see the contradiction here. One can attend the eid prayers and perform all the regular amaal while also remembering the oppression that was faced by the ma'soomeen (عليه السلام). 

If they choose to do this by holding majalis so be it, it doesn't go against the shariah. 

19 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You are basically saying Sayyed Ali Sistani would allow Matam because to keep their muqallid happy. That is some serious accusations. 

This is actually Sunnah. The abolishment of alcohol came in stages as well. Allah knew if he abolished it at once then the Prophet would have lost his followers.

Same logic can be applied to several rulings from ulema. If you think they do not care for muqallid sentiment then you are fooling yourself.

2 hours ago, 786:) said:

Malangs are in for a surprise on the day of Judgement insha’Allah.

May Allah Ta'ala guide you away from such slander. 

@786:) Your comments about them are slanderous.

Just now, Moalfas said:

@786:) Your comments about them are slanderous.

Funny. Surely, had I said “Nasibis are in for a surprise...” this wouldn’t have been slanderous I suppose? So please elaborate what was so slanderous.

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

these extremist who practice matam on eid

Malangs are in for a surprise on the day of Judgement insha’Allah.

These malangs who are borderline nuseris are trying to rewrite Islam

Spewing such divisive slander against the lovers, mourners and lamenters of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام)....

56 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Funny. Surely, had I said “Nasibis are in for a surprise...” this wouldn’t have been slanderous I suppose? So please elaborate what was so slanderous.

And then have them on an equal footing with the haters of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).... 

May Allah guide us all.

Enjoy your Eid.

13 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

Spewing such divisive slander against the lovers, mourners and lamenters of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام)....

And then have them on an equal footing with the haters of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).... 

May Allah guide us all.

Enjoy your Eid.

They’re the flip side of the same coin as per Imam Ali in the sermon I quoted. Of course you have nothing to even counter that sermon as it is coming from Imam Ali himself so you resort to emotions. Good try.

Edited by 786:)

2 hours ago, 786:) said:

They’re the flip side of the same coin as per Imam Ali in the sermon I quoted. Of course you have nothing to even counter that sermon as it is coming from Imam Ali himself so you resort to emotions. Good 

They use narrations of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) to do so, thus its different from the case of nasibis

5 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

I don't see the contradiction here. One can attend the eid prayers and perform all the regular amaal while also remembering the oppression that was faced by the ma'soomeen (عليه السلام). 

If they choose to do this by holding majalis so be it, it doesn't go against the shariah. 

But according to them, celebrating Eid is the way of Muqasirs and people who celebrate eid don't love ahlebait (عليه السلام)

And if they believe in this hadith, why don't they do the same on Eid Al Ghadeer, Mubahila, Eid e Zehra etc

Same people voilate this hadith on at least 3 occasions

38 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

They use narrations of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) to do so, thus its different from the case of nasibis

Lol you know nasibis use hadith of the Prophet for their claims right? Of course most are fabricated, but fabrication is also a phenomenon in Shia hadith. So your point is null and void.

2 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Lol you know nasibis use hadith of the Prophet for their claims right? Of course most are fabricated, but fabrication is also a phenomenon in Shia hadith. So your point is null and void.

Many ulima has allowed this and even after that you call this hadith a fabrication? No way this hadith can be weak but not a fabricated hadith.

How about this quoted by @Muslim2010 ?

18 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

The Imam of our Time, Imam Al-Asr (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف), has captured this sadness in the Du'a Nudbah (Supplication of Lamentation), which has been recommended to recite on Eid.

Use some sense Mr. Two Third Wahabi.

8 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Also where is Ghuluw in this?

Matam, Azadari etc isn't ghuluw so hadith of Nahaj Ul Balagha doesn't fit here.

35 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Also where is Ghuluw in this?

Matam, Azadari etc isn't ghuluw so hadith of Nahaj Ul Balagha doesn't fit here.

It’s all so convenient. I am beginning to see the Safavi distortion of Islam was far greater than face value. They were truly trying to rewrite Islam similarly to the Ummayads and Abbasids.

Let me throw some logic your way. So called Eid e Zahra is on the 10th day death anniversary of the Master of all of the Imams including Ali. Where are these Shias then? There is no one prohibiting celebration on that day since it’s the 10th of Rasoolallah? These same malangi Shia who are trying to abolish Eid al Fitr will call one who questions Eid e Zahra a muqassir. Where is the mourning for the Prophet? Oh wait Imam centricity, I forgot. And now we are trying to defend Eid al Fitr because it’s God centric.

11 minutes ago, 786:) said:

It’s all so convenient. I am beginning to see the Safavi distortion of Islam was far greater than face value. They were truly trying to rewrite Islam similarly to the Ummayads and Abbasids.

Let me throw some logic your way. So called Eid e Zahra is on the 10th day death anniversary of the Master of all of the Imams including Ali. Where are these Shias then? There is no one prohibiting celebration on that day since it’s the 10th of Rasoolallah? These same malangi Shia who are trying to abolish Eid al Fitr will call one who questions Eid e Zahra a muqassir. Where is the mourning for the Prophet? Oh wait Imam centricity, I forgot. And now we are trying to defend Eid al Fitr because it’s God centric.

Exactly thats how i refute them.

Like i mentioned above, no one does matam, zanjeer zani on Eid-Al Ghadeer. So they themselves refute this hadith and become muqasirs according to their own standards.

18 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

Exactly thats how i refute them.

Like i mentioned above, no one does matam, zanjeer zani on Eid-Al Ghadeer. So they themselves refute this hadith and become muqasirs according to their own standards.

Because Eid e Ghadeer is Imam centric. As are the others you put into question. It is only Fitr and Adha that needs to be abolished because:

1) they are ummah wide

2) not Imam centric

So they must spin the victim card to reduce these eids.

Edited by 786:)