Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Masooma zehra

marriage with a sunni male

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, thegreenleaf said:

Many people here tend to think of Sunni and Shia as two separate boxes. You are either in the Sunni box or in the Shia box. I don’t see it that way. Islam is a spectrum. There are numerous views/perspectives within Sunni Islam, some of which are closer than others to average Shia positions.

I understand your point. What I meant to say is that if someone has already decided, then whether they get married or not shouldn't be a barrier or obstacle. 

On the other hand if they are in the mindset of adapting their beliefs according to who they marry, then it appears to be more of a matter of convenience rather than conviction.

1 hour ago, Mahdavist said:

On the other hand if they are in the mindset of adapting their beliefs according to who they marry, then it appears to be more of a matter of convenience rather than conviction.

You're right. But we're advised against prying into people's minds and hearts. If a person says they are Muslim, they are Muslim. If they say they are Shia, they must be regarded as such. Their intention is between them and God. 

Edited by thegreenleaf

3 hours ago, thegreenleaf said:

You're right. But we're advised against prying into people's minds and hearts. If a person says they are Muslim, they are Muslim. If they say they are Shia, they must be regarded as such. Their intention is between them and God. 

I agree. The issue here is that, if I have understood correctly, he doesn't say that he is shia but he is willing to say so after marriage. 

What I am trying to say is that the marriage itself shouldn't determine the brother's religious beliefs. 

16 hours ago, iCenozoic said:

It has to be possible.

No it’s no possible, it is only possible with “progressive” “Muslims”, any sane shia would know not marry a person who praises the killers and the starters of islamaphobia and rubbish Islamic history after Muhammad’s death. Their is many differences. a marraige between a Unitarian Christian and a shia is very possible (if kids aren’t gonna be involved in the future and ruin everything) both would have mutual respect and wouldn’t praise the enemies of Christ nor the enemies of Muhammad and his household.