Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Eid Mubarak Y'all

Rate this topic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eid Mubarak to all of you and your families.

Eid Mubarak to all! May this be the last eid we spend without our Beloved Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام).

Eid Mubarak! Although we have eid on Monday. 

Posted Images

• Development Team
2 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Source? I thought it was Sunday

We depend on local moon sightings. Khoja Shia ithna Ashari Jama'at Mumbai & Shia Markazi chand committee Lucknow. They have declared 30th Shawwal tomorrow. 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
4 minutes ago, arch1027116 said:

When is the Eid in the gulf countries?

Sunday, 24th. 

• Advanced Member

Sistani:

In the Name of the Most High
Praise be to Allah Lord of the worlds and peace and blessings be upon Mohammad and his pure household
According to the announcement from the office of H. E. Ayatullah Seestani (long may he live) in the holy city of Najaf, Sunday is the last day of Ramadhan, and Monday 25 May is the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr in the United Kingdom, Scandinavian countries, most of Europe and Middle East.
---
بسمه تعالى
اعلن مكتب سماحة اية الله العظمى السيد السيستاني (مد ظله) في النجف الاشرف بان يوم الاحد هو المتمم لعدة شهر رمضان وان يوم الاثنين 25 ايار 2020م هو اول ايام عيد الفطر المبارك لعام 1441هـ في بريطانيا والدول الاسكندنافية ومعظم الدول الاوربية والشرق الاوسط .
نسأل الله تعالى ان يجعله عيد خير وبركة لجميع المسلمين انه سميع مجيب
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Source: najaf.org

Just now, arch1027116 said:

Do you have any source or references?

I heard it from my cousin who heard it from a Shi’a Sheikh who lives in gulf. 

2 minutes ago, Al-Hassan said:

According to Sayed Sistani, Eid is on Monday May 24th for Iraq and GCC. I live in GCC and did not see it this evening. 

Source: https://www.sistani.org/arabic/

24th is Sunday not Monday. 

• Advanced Member

Fixed *

وحيث أن فتوى سماحة السيد (دام ظلّه) هي أن أول الشهر في كل منطقة يتبع امكانية رؤية الهلال بالعين المجردة في تلك المنطقة أو حواليها ولا يثبت بالتمكن من رؤيته بالأدوات المقرّبة أو في مناطق أخرى من العالم فإن يوم غدٍ الأحد يكون مكملاً لعدة شهر رمضان المبارك وسيكون يوم الاثنين هو يوم عيد الفطر السعيد. 

“...sunday is the last day of the month of Ramadan and Monday is the the day of Eid” 

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/

Guest Madhab-inaya

SHAFAQNA- The office of Ayatollah Khamenei announces Eid al-Fitr will be tomorrow (Sunday) in Iran.

In the name of God, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful

Wishing the acceptance of the prayers and worship of the dear nation in the holy month of Ramadan, we inform the honorable people of Iran that according to numerous reports received by the reliable and trustworthy observers, the sighting of the crescent moon of Shawwal al-Mukarram on the evening of Saturday, May 23, 2020, in accordance with the 29th of the holy month of Ramadan 1441 AH, has been confirmed for the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Khamenei, so tomorrow (Sunday), May 24, will be Eid al-Fitr in Iran.

11 minutes ago, Al-Hassan said:

Fixed *

وحيث أن فتوى سماحة السيد (دام ظلّه) هي أن أول الشهر في كل منطقة يتبع امكانية رؤية الهلال بالعين المجردة في تلك المنطقة أو حواليها ولا يثبت بالتمكن من رؤيته بالأدوات المقرّبة أو في مناطق أخرى من العالم فإن يوم غدٍ الأحد يكون مكملاً لعدة شهر رمضان المبارك وسيكون يوم الاثنين هو يوم عيد الفطر السعيد. 

“...sunday is the last day of the month of Ramadan and Monday is the the day of Eid” 

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/

If I’m not wrong, I think Sayid Khamenei said Eid is on 24th while Sayid Sistani said it’s on 25th. 

• Advanced Member

Ok wait I'm really confused now, everything matched up perfectly with that pic I attached above as all the reports are indeed based upon moonsightings as mentioned above, but I was just watching Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) TV and they just announced live on air (in the Q&A with Ammar Nakshawani) that for the followers of Ayatollah Ali Sistani and Shirazi IN NORTH AMERICA that eid is on the Monday? I can understand for Iraq why that is but North America too really? Can someone confirm because in all likelihood the moon will be seen tonight in mostof North America iA???

1 minute ago, Kirmani said:

Ok wait I'm really confused now, everything matched up perfectly with that pic I attached above as all the reports are indeed based upon moonsightings as mentioned above, but I was just watching Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) TV and they just announced live on air (in the Q&A with Ammar Nakshawani) that for the followers of Ayatollah Ali Sistani and Shirazi IN NORTH AMERICA that eid is on the Monday? I can understand for Iraq why that is but North America too really? Can someone confirm because in all likelihood the moon will be seen tonight in mostof North America iA???

No, Sayid Sistani said Europe, Middle East and Scandinavian countries eid is on Monday, check ahlulbayttkr post above. 

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Diaz said:

No, Sayid Sistani said Europe, Middle East and Scandinavian countries eid is on Monday, check ahlulbayttkr post above. 

That's what I figured, that the presenter on Ahle Bayt Tv made a mistake and Sayid Sistani only declared for the countries you listed above. JazakAllah

8 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

We depend on local moon sightings. Khoja Shia ithna Ashari Jama'at Mumbai & Shia Markazi chand committee Lucknow. They have declared 30th [Ramadhan] tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Indian subcontinent on Monday

I couldn't find anything about this online... do you have any sources you can share? Thanks

• Development Team
2 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

I couldn't find anything about this online... do you have any sources you can share? Thanks

This is generally communicated on social media - WhatsApp and Facebook. 

https://m.facebook.com/alhusainimissionpage/posts/3182904548427079

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Not wanting to polemic but followers of Sayid Khamenei had two 29 day ramadans in two years. Is that possible ?

I remember well them starting a day later than me, and having eid on the same day in 2018, just like this year 2020. 

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, realizm said:

Not wanting to polemic but followers of Sayid Khamenei had two 29 day ramadans in two years. Is that possible ?

Where are you referring to? Iran? Because I do Taqleed of Sayed Khamenei and from my memory we fasted 30 days last Ramadhan in U.S. and I think it was the same for Iran last year? 

• Veteran Member
13 minutes ago, KnowledgeSeeker36 said:

Where are you referring to? Iran? Because I do Taqleed of Sayed Khamenei and from my memory we fasted 30 days last Ramadhan in U.S. and I think it was the same for Iran last year? 

I am referring to Western Europe.

Allow me to correct myself, that was two years ago and thus two 29 day ramadans in three years, not two.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

I remember well them starting a day later than me, and having eid on the same day in 2018, just like this year 2020. 

Yes it's possible. There's no 'pattern' in the number of days in an Islamic month. 

• Advanced Member

Eid Mubarak. May we all be able to continue the worship and good deeds that we participated in this Holy month in the next Islamic months of this current and next year. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you all. 

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Ah, don't you just love it? Someone says Happy Eid and people argue on when Eid starts. IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE LIVING!  :D

What does "where we live" got to do with it?:mod: