Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hasanhh

Eid Mubarak Y'all

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, hasanhh said:

That picture is a lot like a metal box of candy around here.

Good thing, I suppose. 

Later thoughts. By 'box of candies' if you meant Quality street, you are sooooo wrong! 

Guest Ali Z

Hi! If I follow sayyed al sistani but decided to fast with my family who follow sayyed khomeini, Eid bases on sayyed khomeini is sunday (today) but based on sistani its monday. So do I fast this Sunday? What should I do? I followed sayyed khomenai and now I’m worried since my marje3 is sistani. Please, I really need an answer!

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

What does "where we live" got to do with it?:mod:

Jurisprudential  technicalities.

Eid Mubarak to you all and May Allah Ta'ala accept your A'maal and fulfill your prayers as well as bless you and your loved ones by the Baraka of Mohammed and Ale' Mohammed. 

Allahuma Salle Ala Mohammed wa Ale Mohammed.

1 hour ago, Guest Ali Z said:

Hi! If I follow sayyed al sistani but decided to fast with my family who follow sayyed khomeini, Eid bases on sayyed khomeini is sunday (today) but based on sistani its monday. So do I fast this Sunday? What should I do? I followed sayyed khomenai and now I’m worried since my marje3 is sistani. Please, I really need an answer!

You can travel 22km out of your city and break your fast before zawal (zuhr prayer time).

Edited by Moalfas
Clarity

18 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Source? I thought it was Sunday

al-Sistani, Khamenei and others say it is monday. Those who follow a Marja who says Eid is on monday celebrate Eid on monday. My self included, so I am still fasting.
Astronomically the new moon was suppose to be this morning but if it is at all visible you would need a telescope in order to see it.  Some Islamic scholars does not want to rely on telescopes, but only on eyesight.

Eid mubarak to all

Edited by Revert1963

44 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

al-Sistani, Khamenei and others say it is monday. Those who follow a Marja who says Eid is on monday celebrate Eid on monday. My self included, so I am still fasting.
Astronomically the new moon was suppose to be this morning but if it is at all visible you would need a telescope in order to see it.  Some Islamic scholars does not want to rely on telescopes, but only on eyesight.

Eid mubarak to all

Imam Khamenei said Sunday, and in North America it's Sunday for everyone :)

Eid Mubarak!

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Apologies, I don't want to be intrusive, but please verify this information again.

For Sistani: Eid is Monday in the Middle East and Europe, excluding Portugal and Spain. Sistani accepts naked eye sighting.

For Khamenei: Eid is Sunday in the Middle East and Europe, excluding Portugal and Spain. Khamenei accepts sighting with binoculars (optical aids).

For Khoei: Eid is Sunday in Middle East and Europe, by accepting moon sighting from any part of part of the world or majority of the world. 

For all the (Shia) believers in Northern America it is Sunday.

For the followers of Kamal Haydari or Fadlullah (they accept astronomical predictions), it is Sunday in all regions.

For the (Shia) believers in India, it is Monday.

For the (Shia) believers in Pakistan, I think it is Sunday (?) @starlight pls help

For the (Shia) believers in Tanzania (East Africa), I don't know (?) @habib e najjaar pls help

Edit: I made some big mistakes, please read again.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

8 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

For Khamenei: Eid is Sunday in the Middle East and Europe, excluding Portugal and Spain.

Sayid khamenei accept naked eye sighting as well right? 

23 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Apologies, I must have deleted it from my post by mistake. But I wanted to write that Khamenei accepts binoculars (optical aids).

So no, Khamenei accepts binoculars not naked eye.

Edit: wow, SC on mobile is hard to use sometimes. Mainly because of my phone's autocorrect.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy

37 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

For the (Shia) believers in Pakistan, I think it is Sunday (?) @starlight pls help

Brother, don't ask me lolz. We had eid today. I made chicken pulao so good the angels in Jannah will have a hard time making a better one. Okay so eid..lolz... the whole might it was eid,no eid,eid, no eid and then it was 2:40 in the morning and too late to do sehri and everyone in Pakistan was celebrating Eid so we also had Eid. 

5 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:
5 hours ago, Diaz said:

Apologies, I must have deleted it from my post by mistake. But I wanted to write that Khamenei accepts binoculars (optical aids).

So no, Khamenei accepts binoculars not naked eye.

Just to clarify, naked eye sightings are the basic standard way of confirming the Hilal which ALL jurists accept.

When it cannot be observed with the naked eye, that's where Jurists differ on accepting optical aids or not.

So to reiterate, all jurists accept naked eye sightings.

6 hours ago, starlight said:

I made chicken pulao so good the angels in Jannah will have a hard time making a better one.

:gossip:"The prognosis is her cabin fever has progressed into egomania."

:rolleyes: "l wonder if any asylums are still open."

Edited by hasanhh

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

Just to clarify, naked eye sightings are the basic standard way of confirming the Hilal which ALL jurists accept.

When it cannot be observed with the naked eye, that's where Jurists differ on accepting optical aids or not.

Then why will they use optical aids if they already accept naked eye sight? 

Guest Quran and Itrah

Eid Mubarak to all sisters and brothers,

If i have wronged you in any way, find it in your heart to forgive me.

11 hours ago, Moalfas said:

You can travel 22km out of your city and break your fast before zawal (zuhr prayer time).

Waste of gas. And of logic IMHO.

Rather than having a clean intention to not fast so we either can feast with our beloved ones or  as a precaution not to fast on a haram day, we prefer to play that trick 'oops, too bad I travelled 22 kms for no reason, but now I can break my fast with an excuse'.

I know brother that you are just bringing the fiqhi option but seriously, isn't that completely ridiculous ?

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

They accept naked eye, but sometimes you can't see it with your naked eye, but can see with e.g. binoculars. This is where they differ: Seyyed Sistani says if you can't see it with naked eye then it doesn't count, Imam Khamenei says even if you can't see it with naked eye, but you can see it with optical aid like binoculars or a telescope it still counts.

2 hours ago, Diaz said:
3 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Throughout history, Hilal sightings were based on the naked eye alone before optical aid technologies were developed. That's what I meant by the 'basic standard of confirming the Hilal' i.e. All jurists accept naked eye sightings. Whereas sightings through optical aids that came later on as an additional method of sighting aren't accepted by all Jurists.

Often the telescope or binoculars are helpful for finding the new crescent. If it is visible only with optical aid, it is not accepted by many jurists. Locating the moon with an aid is always accepted if also confirmed by naked eye. 

4 hours ago, realizm said:

Waste of gas. And of logic IMHO.

Rather than having a clean intention to not fast so we either can feast with our beloved ones or  as a precaution not to fast on a haram day, we prefer to play that trick 'oops, too bad I travelled 22 kms for no reason, but now I can break my fast with an excuse'.

I know brother that you are just bringing the fiqhi option but seriously, isn't that completely ridiculous ?

Brother, you confirmed the reason, fasting on Eid is Haram and you're also aware of the ramifications of intentionally breaking your fast during the month of Ramadan without a valid reason: Kaffara, 60 days etc So what should one do in a situation like this? The safest and most logical option would be to travel and break your fast, making use of the exception that Allah Ta'ala gave to travelers, in a difficult situation like this.

This is what the Fuqaha'/Jurists have come to conclude to be an acceptable way to overcome a difficult situation. I don't find it ridiculous at all; It would only be ridiculous if it was intentionally abused to avoid fasting.

18 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

For the (Shia) believers in India, it is Monday.

& this is one day, the first of Shawwal alhamdulillah. It is easy to see how differences arise because someone is doing amals for the 1st of Shawwal on the wrong day. More especially when you have neighboring countries celebrating the same day on different days. How of deep rifts that don't heal where we were not there & today we're here & we can't agree on the moon/day, like Qur'an talks of that night, on the wrong night? Lucky are those who are fit for the last ten nights, just to secure that night alhamdulillah. As for the moon sightings...

On 5/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mahdavist said:

Depends where you live. North America will have it on Sunday, Indian subcontinent on Monday, Europe and the Middle East are not confirmed yet

Yes very correct same here for me. But all the same Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim friends all over the world. 

23 hours ago, 7ssein said:

Imam Khamenei said Sunday, and in North America it's Sunday for everyone :)

21 hours ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

Apologies, I don't want to be intrusive, but please verify this information again.

For Sistani: Eid is Monday in the Middle East and Europe, excluding Portugal and Spain. Sistani accepts naked eye sighting.

For Khamenei: Eid is Sunday in the Middle East and Europe, excluding Portugal and Spain. Khamenei accepts sighting with binoculars (optical aids).

Sorry my mistake. Sistani and Khamenei both said the Ramadan started on the 25th of April. I thought they both was consistent in ending the fast on the 30th of Ramadan in relation to their initial assessment of the first of Ramadan. Apparently only Sistani was consistent.

13 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Brother, you confirmed the reason, fasting on Eid is Haram and you're also aware of the ramifications of intentionally breaking your fast during the month of Ramadan without a valid reason: Kaffara, 60 days etc So what should one do in a situation like this? The safest and most logical option would be to travel and break your fast, making use of the exception that Allah Ta'ala gave to travelers, in a difficult situation like this.

This is what the Fuqaha'/Jurists have come to conclude to be an acceptable way to overcome a difficult situation. I don't find it ridiculous at all; It would only be ridiculous if it was intentionally abused to avoid fasting.

Brother, since the reason is not fasting on a haram day, why would one fast it in the first place ? 

See the absurd in it now ?

Edited by realizm

1 hour ago, Revert1963 said:

Sistani and Khamenei both said the Ramadan started on the 25th of April. I thought they both was consistent in ending the fast on the 30th of Ramadan in relation to their initial assessment of the first of Ramadan. Apparently only Sistani was consistent.

You saying that Ayatullah Sistani is consistent is supposed to mean that Ayatullah Khamenei is not? Na'oozibillah. Sister, the Holy Month of Ramadan is not always 30 days to be consistent; sometimes it is only 29 days, according to the moon sighting where you live.