Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Abid

How to deal with big doubts in religion?

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

I think there a lot of strange questions that we just can't get answers for.

For example, how is God making decisions if He is unchanging? mainly questions related to His Reality, how He manages to operate out of time, etc etc...

I only wrote my understanding of things... thanks for your input.

God is unchanging but his decisions are his creature. So, if we wants them to change, he will at his will. 

Decisions are not part of body, they are creation of body.

He his himself the time because he created the time and time is at his mercy if he likes, he extends it. If not, he reduces it.

Doubts are healthy. It's OK to doubt provided that through your doubt, you seek knowledge, wrestle with faith, and come out of it more resolute and with a stronger faith.

Believe it or not and I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir here, but Islam (specifically Shia Islam) is a much, much more well thought out & logical spiritual path than either Judaism or Christianity (and not hating, but don't even get me started on the absurdities of Hinduism & Neopaganism).

I hope you are doing well!

Like those who before me said, it's natural to have doubts in the things of God, no matter what the faith.  I have been a Christian for most of my life and there have been sometimes intense doubts in certain aspects of my faith.  

There is an enemy that we all have, evil spirits who seek to destroy us, mislead, us and would love to get us away from God in any way possible.  While no one can physically show you God, you can see him at work in the world in clear and sometimes unclear ways.  The Bible says in Romans 1, in other words, that we as humans simply know that God exists because of the great creation he has made and through our conscience. We have a sense of right and wrong, although it's not perfect.  In the book of Ecclesiastes 3:11 it says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." What this means is that eternity is in a way known to us.  We know that there is a God, that we were meant to live forever and that God has always existed.  These are a few ways the Bible speaks of knowing that God exists, among many others.  

I believe that God loves you with an eternal love and desires an intimate relationship with you.  The Bible says, "taste and see that the Lord is good."  I believe that Isa is the Lord.  Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  1 John 5:12 says, "He who has the Son has life..." Another verse says, "36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

I will pray for you as you pass through this time of doubt and searching.  Here is a link to an Indian/Canadian Christian speaker who has spoken all over the world about faith and has answered many university students' questions.  He has also met with many people in politics around the world.  Here is a link to one of his talks about the existence of God.  In many of the other videos you will see he is taking Q and A with students.  

Anyway, God bless you and if you celebrated Ramadan, I hope it was refreshing!  Take care

On 5/19/2020 at 5:50 AM, Unsapien said:

My point is that there is no reason to think that however or whatever started off our universe that a conscious entity is required.

Then I can say the opposite of what you just said. No reason to think that universe was started of by non-conscious entity. This reasoning itself is weak.

But it doesn't matter conscious entity or non-conscious entity which caused. What matters is that In reality there is no such a thing that a non-existence entity can come to existence. Because from nothingness can not come something. So this is important to accept that there have always been something. And that is the Absolute Existence or Reality. It is the same thing that allows potentials to become actual. It is the same thing that makes the atoms actualize from potential.