Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful artwork! I must say your penmanship in Arabic is quite remarkable Mashallah :) 

Oh thank you, but I copy the calligraphy from Islamic art that I find either on here or other sources online. I don't know how to write Arabic (yet... I'm learning Spanish currently through Duolingo).

I am planning on making more of these and then possibly offering some of them for sale through Etsy or eBay. I actually enjoy making pyrographs, I only started about three years ago and don't make them all the time (prior to this piece, I hadn't made one for over a year). I'd love to be able to support myself by making these and having a regular job. Insha'Allah, it will happen; but Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) might have another plan for me & that plan is going to be infinitely better for my soul no doubt.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

I'd love to be able to support myself by making these and having a regular job. 

Good job. However, don't forget that a lot of people would buy secular items. Many people are making a garden. Would they buy plant stakes?

stakes.jpg.bea202441c17edf341243e91ac3d9563.jpgplant.jpg.c8d844f4a5159fdec3f627b66bf005b4.jpggarden.jpg.aa7f57bc2630416d2cec7646b3d0d330.jpg

• Advanced Member

وَعَلَيْكُمُ ٱلسَّلَامُ , This is so cool!

Masha'Allah, it's brilliant to see how your practice is developing - I had very little visibility into Pyrography until you mentioned your kit here. I've seen work done with fancy Laser-Cutters before, but they don't have the same charm & heart, that you bring by doing something by hand.

I wonder, did you use your Brown Paper drawing like a transfer/stencil for the design? Or was this a freshly drawn piece?

Definitely, as an Artist, when you do something that uplifts you and gives you joy, by expressing your faith, it's going to hone your skills at the same time. Those skills could come to be a route to Rizq / sustenance & income for you in time. Wishing you success & steadfastness :verryhappy:

Keeping an eye out for your ongoing journey :)

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Hayy ibn Yaqzan said:

I wonder, did you use your Brown Paper drawing like a transfer/stencil for the design? Or was this a freshly drawn piece?

I used the bag art to freshly draw this freehand to the workpiece. That's why it looks a little different from the one I did on the paper bag. I don't usually transfer designs, I always draw them freehand while looking off of something else because it gives me more practice at drawing (which also gives me practice for burning in a design).

20 minutes ago, Hayy ibn Yaqzan said:

Definitely, as an Artist, when you do something that uplifts you and gives you joy, by expressing your faith, it's going to hone your skills at the same time. Those skills could come to be a route to Rizq / sustenance & income for you in time.

I wasn't doing any art for about a year while I was in my previous living situation. I think that's a big part of why I was unhappy there but wore a happy face because I thought that it was time for me to be doing the "grown man" thing despite the situation being far less than ideal (hey, maybe I will be matched with a wife who appreciates this limited ability I have to create objects of beauty?). I feel like I should be making at least one piece a day for the foreseeable future, so I'm eventually going to do secular pieces as well... I'm just not sure what they will be because I'm not good at doing people or animals.) Next one I do may very well be my picture of the Kaaba.

Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement. Believe it or not, I'm always insecure about sharing my art or what I call "poetry" due to how many other artists & poets are so far beyond me in skill and creativity.

As far as my journey goes, I'd be posting a lot more about it but I don't want to make hundreds of threads about the same topic. I'll probably put them in my blog, so keep a lookout if you want to see my progression in Islam.

• Advanced Member

I did this for my mother for her upcoming birthday.

WIN_20200518_12_00_28_Pro.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Getting even uniform shading on a piece is not remotely easy. I still have a lot of practicing to do, but this is my workpiece of the day.

WIN_20200607_14_42_22_Pro (2).jpg

• Advanced Member

Thanks, although I am not terribly happy with how the shading came out, I do like the nice straight, clean lines I was able to get on the outline of this one.

I try to do at least one piece per day, although I should be doing this all day, every day if I want to get good enough to sell them.

• Advanced Member
On 5/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, Abdul-Hadi said:

I did this for my mother for her upcoming birthday.

Salam I'm curious what is meaning of text thank you.

• Advanced Member