Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Living in the west

Rate this topic

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

A Muslim cannot even be burried in a non-muslim graveyard, why should he then prefer to live in a non-Muslim land without justifiable and Islamically acceptable reasons? 

Answer: $

Guest My opinion
On 10/29/2020 at 12:26 AM, Anonymous-Male said:

Hadith says not having an opportunity to sin is a blessing in its own right. 

Living in a Muslim country is a blessing of Allah....but Muslims living in non-muslim countries often find that hard to digest and tend to consider their own non-muslim cultures better than Muslim countries and bring excuses to justify this.

I believe that these “Muslim by name” people who emigrate tend to want to actively look for Haram. These are the same people who in Muslim countries will go to parties and hidden clubs. It’s just harder for them to access.

Normal people generally don’t care about Haram, even non Muslims. They don’t care about clubbing or partying unless you have a bachelorette party or something before getting married, which is a cultural thing here. 

I personally believe that the US is a much better country than most Muslim countries because they are only Muslim by name. Many Muslims who were born and raised in Muslim countries don’t have the best personalities. I feel like non-Muslims, and Muslims—people who were born and raised here are so much more genuine, sweet, and kind-natured. They actually are how Muslims are supposed to be (be a kind person, genuine, no lying, etc.) People don’t tend to lie or cheat their way through a system. But I’ve heard you can pay your way through anything in Muslim countries.

And when I’ve visited various countries in the ME, I always noted how often people would lie, manipulate, and cheat their way just to get what they want. You won’t see a lot of that behavior here. 

I love my country and would pick the US over any Muslim country any day. It’s home to me.

By the way, you can’t tell me that this is acceptable behavior (typical Muslim behavior from someone born and raised in a Muslim country.): 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSgubZ9_5o

Compared to this (A typical American): 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=umGw439kXhY

Compare how gentle and sweet an American woman is with children as opposed to the toughness and unsmiling of the typical Arab woman. They act this way with small children too—I’ve seen it with my own eyes how they’ll yell, be rude, and fly off the handle more quickly without any regard to how their child feels. This reflects a huge cultural difference. 

Extendedly, while on the topic of babies, many Muslim mothers were very impatient and annoyed with their babies for... being babies. So I wonder if there’s a correlation between so many ME babies being colicky vs being raised by an Americanized mom, whose babies are less likely to become colicky. 

Guest Faithful
On 10/28/2020 at 11:13 PM, Guest My opinion said:

You can’t think of a good reason for hijab so all you can think of is “scholars accept this ruling, therefore it’s the truth.” Nope, some scholars even disagreed that hijab is mandatory. 

THANK YOU!

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve started to move away from shiism because of shiachat and this ideology of almost worshiping these clerics. “They have more knowledge”. It’s a religion not rocket science. You figure things out as you go. And they, the clerics, should be there too ease our spiritual journey, not to MANDATE our every breath. Just listen to yourself people. “I FOLLOW Sistani”? I thought you followed the prophet and the holy book? I’ve had a major crisis because of hijab and almost lost my mind completely. I’ve alhamdulliah found peace with my religion and belief by following the Quran and the hadiths that were directly linked to it ONLY. I’m a happier person with stronger faith. Boy, I was about to loose it all because of misogyny and a couple of strangers on the internet that claimed me “fasiq”.

• Forum Administrators
11 hours ago, Guest Faithful said:

THANK YOU!

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve started to move away from shiism because of shiachat and this ideology of almost worshiping these clerics. “They have more knowledge”. It’s a religion not rocket science. You figure things out as you go. And they, the clerics, should be there too ease our spiritual journey, not to MANDATE our every breath. Just listen to yourself people. “I FOLLOW Sistani”? 

Salam. I follow Ayatullah Khamenei, not Ayatullah Sistani HA. However, following a marja (taqleed) is the most basic step in being a Shia. Please do not make a mockery of our Shia belief.

Edited by Hameedeh
spelling
Guest Faithful
2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. I follow Ayatullah Khamenei, not Ayatullah Sistani HA. However, following a marja (taqleed) is the most basic step in being a Shia. Please do not make a mockery of our Shia belief.

It’s not about mockery. It’s about something being such an obvious deviation from the core faith. People put so much into being piety and follow all these clerics just to judge and blame each other - and who’s right? No one is - this is why we are here. It’s a spiritual journey where we learn and grow as we go. It can’t be that hard to believe in a God and follow his prophet by following God’s book? Not hadith or other people. It takes the focus away from The core worship - of God. He’s the creator and he’s the one we should put our efforts into believing and worshipping. Not clerics. This goes for shia and SUNNI as well. No preisthood in islam. Learn as you go and use clerics as guides for your own understanding not as small gods. Study and reason for yourself always.

• Moderators
On 10/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, Guest My opinion said:

When you are wearing hijab, you should work to be extra nice and with impeccable behavior because you are an ambassador for the faith because that is a part of being Muslim. Like it or not, the majority of hijabis are weird and it’s the association that makes people hate Islam. This isn’t just a handful of a few people—these hijabis are rude with the majority of people, with permanent scowls on their faces, and then harp about supposed discrimination when being called out or not hired. Even many convert women who end up wearing hijab have some kind of weird superiority complex.

It seems you have a problem with Hijab.

Hijab or not, everyone should be on their best behaviour and it's makes no sense when you make such associations between Hijab and behaviour issues. It's like hating Muslim men because of their beard.

Hijab is wajib, that's what almost all scholars believe. Regardless of whether you practise it or not I would advise you to refrain from giving negative comments about it. Your constant negative statements might cause someone who is already struggling with Hijab to give it up altogether and then you would be carrying some the burden of their sin too.Obviously you wouldn't want that to happen. 

Guest Faithful
14 hours ago, starlight said:

It seems you have a problem with Hijab.

Hijab or not, everyone should be on their best behaviour and it's makes no sense when you make such associations between Hijab and behaviour issues. It's like hating Muslim men because of their beard.

Hijab is wajib, that's what almost all scholars believe. Regardless of whether you practise it or not I would advise you to refrain from giving negative comments about it. Your constant negative statements might cause someone who is already struggling with Hijab to give it up altogether and then you would be carrying some the burden of their sin too.Obviously you wouldn't want that to happen. 

We obviously have different views. Hijab is not wajib in everyones interpretation of the Quran. Some have a different view of this. I’m not taking anyones sin on my own shoulders for something that is obligatory precaution x3 and a cultural tradition of the desert that is forced on muslim women. I’m done living in fear of peoples judgement wether I’m sinning on not on behalf of Allah. I respect everyones interpretations but I’ll never in a 100 years follow a cleric blindly let alone let HIM (because it’s always a him) dictate my life. Allah gave us a brain we have become afraid to use it because of priesthood tendencies in islam and are making obligatory precautions about every single bit of our lives. Why not just live the way we are supposed to and have faith and do what Allah tell us to in his holy book?

Not cool to tell me I’ve behavior issues when you don’t know me? And on what are you base for that assumption? Belittling others and attacking them personally is really not how to win an argument. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Guest Faithful said:

Not cool to tell me I’ve behavior issues when you don’t know me? And on what are you base for that assumption? Belittling others and attacking them personally is really not how to win an argument. 

Sorry? Where did I say you have behaviour issues? Read the post again. I think you owe me an apology.

As for assumptions and attacking others you have doing that a lot to hijabis.

It was my duty to warn you. Hazrat Fatima(عليه السلام) and Hazrat Zainab(عليه السلام) did not do hijab because of the weather and we have many narrations supporting this. If you feel you are more knowledgeable than most of the scholars, fine. 

[Edit] btw my post wasn't even meant for you so I don't understand why you are accusing me of attacking you,unless you and guest Onpoint are the same person. 

Edited by starlight
Guest My opinion
4 hours ago, starlight said:

btw my post wasn't even meant for you so I don't understand why you are accusing me of attacking you,unless you and guest Onpoint are the same person. 

No we are not the same—I replied to both Hameedeh and you, starlight, and to GuestFaithful, but my posts haven’t been approved yet. 

Btw, why would anyone owe you an apology for differing views? This doesn’t make sense at all. You won’t apologize for clearly triggering anxiety and anger GuestFaithful and people have wrongly accused her, as well as me, a fasiq (it’s in my reply to her)—you won’t address that at all, only enable people to keep calling people with differing views abusive names, because that is the culture you’ve created, and yet, you demand an apology for expressing different views? 

To add to the discussion on hijab: if you see everyone jump off a bridge, will you jump off too? The same concept applies to the ambiguous ruling of hijab: “most scholars agree” is not a good enough answer, particularly for the religion of Islam.