Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

what constitutes imitating the kufar?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I previously ask a question about tribal tattoos and didn't get a direct answer. I'm 1/4 cherokee and i want to take part in some of my peoples cultural practices how far in general can i go for instance I wanted to carve a new sacred pipe (peace pipe) thats suppose to be blessed with sage for the non federally recognized tribe I belong to and be a pipe bearer (one how keeps a sacred pipe in there home). as for the tattoo it would be haida style tribal witch is traditional native american art I was wishy washy about keeping my tattoos but it seems there to difficult to remove so the poorly done ones will get covered

e4b7f860482080141623152a8bc1c0bc.jpg

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Salam the reason that you didn't get a direct answer because between Muslims culturally doing Tatoo is  a disgusting practice of low level people between muslims but in other cultures like your culture , it's a good practice also we don't have enough knowledge about your culture & meaning of your Tatoo that there is no clear rulling & Fatwa about doing Tatoo except that your Tatoo  has  unislamic meaning such as taking partner beside  Allah or black magic symbolism & prevents you to do Wudu/Abulation  at conclusion you can do Tatoo until it doesn't has unislamic meaning & does't stop reaching water to your body parts that you use for doing  Wudu/Abulation but culturally majority of Muslims won't like Tatoos so it's better that you cover your Tatoos while you attend in a Muslim community.