Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islam and Arab Imperialism

Rate this topic

I was on Twitter recently and saw two people arguing. The argument went like this. 

Islam is a religion of mankind not just for Arabs, so what difference does it make if we have our own cultures and we also have Islam? We can call anything out in our culture that goes against religion but apart from that our religion is a religion for mankind

Then the other guy starts saying the Prophets were all Arab (not true Allah sent down a Prophet for all nations), the Qur’an is in Arabic (true but does that means it a superior language? 14:4 indicates that Allah has sent down a Messenger for all nations in there own language). He started to talk about how all the conquests were done by Arabs, and how Islam embodies “Arab” culture and ethics(Islam embodies human ethics and moral) They all talk about how the conquering “Sahaba” were also Arab and that Islam and Arab Identity is indistinguishable.

Now I don’t necessarily disagree with Islam and Arab Identity being indistinguishable, what I do find issues with is disregarding all other culture and saying Arab culture is the best. Recently I saw a post where a person said we can’t even call Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), Khuda (even though its just a Persian word for God, and even then we can look at verse 17:110 and see that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) doesn’t mind as long as its befitting for his majesty this is called al asma al husna, bearing in mind that Pagan Arabs had an issue calling his Al-Rahman which is what Musaylimah al Kadhab called his god). You see so many people dressed in Arab jubha nowadays etc, Ive seen people criticising Iranians for saying Ramazan, Sehri, Namaz etc.

It kind of makes me think about the Umayyads who the other sect revere so much and them looking down on non-Arab Muslims. Needless to say its still happening. Alhumdullilah for Shi’a Islam were its not your tribe but the righteous to be rulers, I’m not sure but there even hadiths which state the 313 will consist of Non Arabs. Sunnis believe that the ultimate rulers have to be from the Quraysh, and the Quraysh used this justification in the Thaqifa claiming that the Qurayshi have always ruled over the Arabs themselves.

But yeah I’d love to get your thoughts on this matter. I don’t view Shi’a Islam as imperialistic idea Sunni Islam on the other hand I see as a kind of military camp which uses the pretext of religion and lack of aql to impose the rulings of tyrants to make everyone conform to them. But let me know what you think and if you have any points you want to throw in.