Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic


Syedah

Recommended Posts

  • Basic Members

As-salamunalaikum

I have a question in regards to reciting. some days my voice isn't ready in the early mornings to recite as it hasn't warmed up. Is it permissible for me to do some warming up exercise videos for my throat that are found on YouTube. These videos sort of sound like songs but they aren't. 

Jazakallah!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Waalaikumassalam, 

Yes, I believe you can. 

They are just exercises. There's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself this way, regardless of whether they sound like songs or not. Do remember, the intention is all that matters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 4/26/2020 at 6:38 AM, zainn said:

Waalaikumassalam, 

Yes, I believe you can. 

They are just exercises. There's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself this way, regardless of whether they sound like songs or not. Do remember, the intention is all that matters. 

Salam. I'm sorry but this topic is in Jurisprudence because the question is according to Islamic law. It's not good to give your own opinion. Also replies need to be from the point of view of one of the Shia maraja. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

It's not good to give your own opinion. Also replies need to be from the point of view of one of the Shia maraja. 

Salam, 

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of this rule. Won't happen again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
4 minutes ago, zainn said:

Salam, 

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of this rule. Won't happen again! 

No problem. You're new here. Welcome aboard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, Syedah said:

As-salamunalaikum

I have a question in regards to reciting. some days my voice isn't ready in the early mornings to recite as it hasn't warmed up. Is it permissible for me to do some warming up exercise videos for my throat that are found on YouTube. These videos sort of sound like songs but they aren't. 

Jazakallah!

Ws wr wb

Could you share a link of an example to get a clear idea? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I don't think you're far off as vocal performers, islamic and non-islamic alike use the same warming up and vocal cords exercising techniques. I'm assuming the OP is referring to specific ones that sound like singing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...